Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
chopper

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss convertible
Should I replace the factory speakers in my vert

Ordered my stuff from sub thump fark replacement and the subwoofer mount plan on using a Jo audio xd 700 I'm gonna run 300 watts to my Jo audio w 3 sub.. My question is will the amp replacement really make that much of a difference w the factory front and rear speakers ie distortion wise or should I just replace all the factory speakers
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Drives: not a Camaro :(
You'll have the ability to take the deeper bass that they aren't doing anyway, away from them. Which will let them play louder* and do a better job on midbass & midrange frequencies. So yes, they should sound better. Now, they still have their limits, which you will be able to find, but they should hold you until you can get a good set that you like better.

*a speaker's biggest limit is excursion - distance it can move forwards and backwards - and deeper notes require more excursion at the same volume.
Zach@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
chopper

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss convertible
Thanks man.. I was just worried that my amp might blow the rear speakers since they are so small but I don't really wanna have to do any cutting on the rear panels.to out larger ones in
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote