Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
SWAT

Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99
Question on traction control

I was playing with my traction control, in the rain. I noticed that the tires will spin for a few seconds before it kicks in. I actually got the ass end to kick out pretty good & the traction control never hit. I eased on the gas from a dead stop & it broke loose for like a good 2-3 seconds before the traction control burped. This is with all on, as when you start the car & don't mess with anything. I was just wondering if this is normal behavior for 5th gens, as my 4th gen, it was much more immediate.
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I've had a similar experience on wet asphalt, but I was sliding sideways and had already started counter steering before I felt stabilitrack apply the breaks. I had already let off the gas as well. All I had done was apply moderate throttle after a rolling start and the car almost immediately swung out about 30 degrees in the rear before I could react. But there was another time on dry pavement that I intentionally gave it too much gas and the car bogged down immediately as soon as I released the clutch.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Parag

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
if you are fast you can actually correct for the tire slip before the traction control kicks in, but it is pretty quick. maybe one second at the most. it should never actually slide out the stabillitrac is really good on these
Parag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
ya i can get the tires to spin a little with it on.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi SWAT, I can research this one for you to see just how soon the Traction Control and Stabilitrak systems should be kicking in on your vehicle. Just send me your VIN and I should have something back for you shortly.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
I wish that there were a way to disable it so that it never came back on again. I hate having to disable it every time that I start the car. With that being said, it should only slide out on you in the rain if you were trying to do it.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #7
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
I was playing with my traction control, in the rain. I noticed that the tires will spin for a few seconds before it kicks in. I actually got the ass end to kick out pretty good & the traction control never hit. I eased on the gas from a dead stop & it broke loose for like a good 2-3 seconds before the traction control burped. This is with all on, as when you start the car & don't mess with anything. I was just wondering if this is normal behavior for 5th gens, as my 4th gen, it was much more immediate.

that's one thing I never liked about 4th gens..... the TC does more harm than good.... depending on which one you have.... killing all power doesn't help . Glad mine has none at all
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
SWAT

Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99
Thanks guys, sounds like my car is fine & this is how 5th gens are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi SWAT, I can research this one for you to see just how soon the Traction Control and Stabilitrak systems should be kicking in on your vehicle. Just send me your VIN and I should have something back for you shortly.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks Jeff, PM sent.
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote