Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Items relating to superchargers / turbos / nitrous

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
AI Super Chiller Shipping February!

As a special introduction to Camaro5 as a new sponsor Active Interchiller is offering complete Competition Super Chiller kits $799 + $35 Shipping to lower 48 for a limited time 30 days! So thatís 1/22/12 through 2/20/12.

I am also offering 2 free installations until claimed, installation by me in new location St. Pete Fl or by Phil at Philís Automotive in Murphy NC. Thatís $100 off list price of $899. Personally I offer installation for $200 + Freon until further notice. Installation should cost around 4hrs normally. Philís Automotive is only Active Interchiller authorized installer so far.
To order PayPal Interchiller@tampabay.rr.com

Dave Spurlock Email Interchiller@tampabay.rr.com
Active Interchiller
1900 28th St N
St. Pete Fl 33703

TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
TrekGTO

The AI Super Chiller system is guaranteed to lower ICWT 50deg with ICWT running around 32 to 55deg depending on conditions.

The Super Chiller uses the cars AC system to refrigerate the coolant used in water to air intercoolers same way a water fountain makes cold water. The Super Chiller automatically bypasses the original heat exchanger when AC is on with AC off it automatically uses original heat exchanger so there is nothing for driver to do. Competition model has a switch in cabin to turn off Freon to cabin AC so there is no condensation to drip from car there is also an LED to show when in competition mode. Personally I don’t recommend for road racing, as I don’t think cycling AC compressor that much is good idea or having compressor stay on would over RPM reducing life of compressor.

This is a complete kit with nothing extra to buy except Freon and AC oil for installation. No cutting of main body with only a couple mounting holes to drill and trim some plastic parts. Installed system requires only 5-6oz's additional Freon. Any competent AC technician can do the install. Super Chiller kit cary a 1yr limited warranty and if installed by approved AI installer installation caries a 1 yr warranty also. Any one that can do there own AC work can install this after Freon is captured by approved machine then after installation is finished return to technician to vacuum system and charge with measured amount of pag 150 oil and Freon 134A.

This Super Chiller can be added to existing Air to Air Intercooler or replace Air to Air completely. As an Add on to Air to Air it takes fewer parts than standard kit so I will substitute a Bosh water pump at same price. Then you need small water to air intercooler you pick out size and shape and small coolant tank. This will lower IAT on these Air to Air so much you will be stunned. So around $200 more than standard Maggie Kit!
Best Bang for the Buck! No need for bigger and bigger ATA intercoolers. Obviously there needs to be room for Super Chiller installation if the ATA takes up all the space then this is not an option.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 01-24-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Good to see you made a Sponsor Dave. So far the chiller is still doing its job on my car. Hopefully people will see how easy it is and how much it drops the IATs.

I will say that the data logging on my car showed around 40* drop from before I had the chiller, and the cruisng around with it on is what I like is the IATs are at 65* on a 95* day here in Florida. On a 1/4 mile run my IATs topped at around 105-115* instead of 140-160* and it takes the heatsoak issues out of the picture.
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
Good to see you made a Sponsor Dave. So far the chiller is still doing its job on my car. Hopefully people will see how easy it is and how much it drops the IATs.

Thank you, this is a great community.

Quote:
I will say that the data logging on my car showed around 40* drop from before I had the chiller, and the cruisng around with it on is what I like is the IATs are at 65* on a 95* day here in Florida. On a 1/4 mile run my IATs topped at around 105-115* instead of 140-160* and it takes the heatsoak issues out of the picture.

That is one bad a** car best of all itís a stick! You were the best choice for first Camaro5 customer, you truly put it through the paces. Thanks for the support one more thing you know youíre not pulling any timing so that adds more consistency. Thatís the biggest complaint I get from before chiller is heat soak where second pass or pull has less HP.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Quote:

so you can run the chiller constantly w/o any ill effects, right?

I'm really looking to go this route but I want to be sure this is the type of thing that I can set it and forget it.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
so you can run the chiller constantly w/o any ill effects, right?

I'm really looking to go this route but I want to be sure this is the type of thing that I can set it and forget it.
Street version there is nothing to do, competition version just one switch and LED. Its either set to street with LED off or track with LED on. There is a LCD to display ICWT that runs on a battery you can either hide it away or display. Its pretty well worked out now. Its working anytime AC is on without affecting AC performance.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
camaros and vettes
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2008 Corvette
Does it come with good institutions? I too have been thinking about something like this so i can add more boost.
camaros and vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
TrekGTO

I have several people interested in the 2 free installations but no commitment yet. A deposit will reserve free installation or sale price. I just booked a new model car driving from St. Louis, MO to FL 2/10 Ė 2/24 He has not commented on it yet on his Forum but I will say it has a ĖV so yet another model covered Iím looking forward to this build that came out of the blue.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:34 AM   #9
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaros and vettes View Post
Does it come with good institutions? I too have been thinking about something like this so i can add more boost.
Good Instructions-- We don't need no stinking Instructions
My KB install for G200Pilot is posted here somewhere. The KB kit costs a little more but I will still honor sale price. The AI Super Chiller Kit adds an AC charge port for KB since blower blocks the stock one.

Still no instructions each connection is marked where it goes including wires. Iím available for questions but itís not a bag of bolts so far every one has been able to install without many questions. Mostly just to double check what they already knew.

Looking at picture above you see every thing is assembled as much as possible so only final connection is needed. My experience instructions make things seem more complicated than they really are. Hardest part is figuring out where bolts are to remove bumper cover. Magnusson and other companies have instructions out there to R&R bumper cover. This model Camaro is one of the easiest cars to work on almost as if they had mods in mind when they designed it. Although I did need instructions building the V6 engine
Old 01-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

deposit made for free install.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
TrekGTO

Quote:
deposit made for free install.
Thatís Correct Bumblebeecamaro is getting first Free Installation at St Pete location and sale price..
Only one free installation left.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
TrekGTO

Sale price still on $799 Competition $699 Street version and one FREE installation left by me in St. Pete location or N.C. by authorized installer.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
Sale price still on $799 Competition $699 Street version and one FREE installation left by me in St. Pete location or N.C. by authorized installer.
what's the difference between street and competition versions?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #14
jasycz28
I don't understand

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Whats the lead time?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #15
TrekGTO

Quote:
what's the difference between street and competition versions?

Street there is no way to turn off cabin AC to stop condensation from leaking on track so there is less wiring no switch inside or LED. Street when AC is on Chiller is on thatís it. With Competition you leave AC switch and fan on but a toggle switch turns Freon off to cabin and LED lights up so you just get ambient air out vents. Competition is the way to go unless you never track car, it would cost more to convert later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasycz28 View Post
Whats the lead time?

7 days lead time as of now to ship a kit, Ĺ down will secure sale price as long as it posts by 2/20
Old 02-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #16
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:

Competition is the way to go unless you never track car, it would cost more to convert later.

that might be a possibility because I have never taken my car to the track nor do I plan on doing so.

we'll talk about it on Saturday when I see you.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #17
TrekGTO

Quote:
that might be a possibility because I have never taken my car to the track nor do I plan on doing so.

we'll talk about it on Saturday when I see you.
I would save the $ then and get the Street. I need to know ASAP since I dont have a Street ready. No one has ever bought one for a Camaro. Either is fine with me just give me finall decision. Thanks Dave

Update:
Bumblebee is getting Competition version today!

Last edited by TrekGTO; 02-05-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #18
EZ SPEED
ZZOSIXX

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
I am ready to buy a "Competition" chiller for my 2010 SS...and I have a Kenne Bell Supercharger.
I will send you a PM in a few minutes.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #19
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
I am ready to buy a "Competition" chiller for my 2010 SS...and I have a Kenne Bell Supercharger.
I will send you a PM in a few minutes.
Thanks got your PM. Have you seen G200Pilot install thread here? He has the first KB install, if you were up for a drive to Fl the free install could be yours.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
TrekGTO

Bumblebee
Old 02-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

as Dave said, he installed my super chiller yesterday. so far so good.

I never would have imagined there would be so much work installing this system. Dave busted his butt getting my Bumblebee super chilled and so far everything works great. you wouldn't believe how cold the coolant is that's running through my Maggie 2300. I'm looking forward to the summertime here in central FL where the temps can be pretty brutal. heat soak should no longer be an issue with my TVS2300.

I can't give exact temp numbers because we didn't get a chance to install the digital temp gauge that's included in the kit. however, I can tell you the Maggie heat exchanger feels pretty cold to the touch. kind of reminds me when you put your hand on an A/C condenser. it's obviously the same principle just wouldn't expect those kinds of temps on the heat exchanger of a super charger.

overall I think it's a great investment for anyone that's running any supercharger with a liquid heat exchanger. this system can do nothing but good things for S/Ced apps.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #22
TrekGTO

Only about a week left for sale price. I got schooled on the Transformer Camaro and Ozie got schooled on how to build and install a Super Chiller. I was so far behind his kit was not ready so he had to wait while I assembled kit and did the install. Special thanks to Ozie for being so patient. After having my tools dumped over at last shop I didnít realize how many things were missing until I needed them. Itís a lot moving and setting up a shop for one person to handle. I hope Iím better prepared now. I have shop time available now but have a Cadillac XLR-V running 23lb boost coming from St Louis, MO on the 27th for a custom 1 off Super Chiller and a list of work that will take some time. Still one Free Install left So book now and be ready for the summer.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
EZ SPEED
ZZOSIXX

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Thanks got your PM. Have you seen G200Pilot install thread here? He has the first KB install, if you were up for a drive to Fl the free install could be yours.
Ahh, its ok..I enjoy doing all my installs. I also have a larger heat exchanger (from Torq) and a ZL1 front bumper kit to install at the same time.
EZ SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Ahh, its ok..I enjoy doing all my installs. I also have a larger heat exchanger (from Torq) and a ZL1 front bumper kit to install at the same time.
I donít recommend the larger heat exchanger with a Super Chiller. It wonít hurt anything but when AC/Chiller are on heat exchanger is bypassed. Actually when AC turns off automatically at WOT larger heat exchanger will add more heat to the refrigerated water. You will get better results with standard install.

The Super Chiller mounting has not been tested with the ZL1 bumper cover. It is close to fog light on a SS, on a V6 standard mounting hits fog light so it wonít fit. It is possible to reverse brackets to move Chiller several inches to rear without causing any problems with the rest of the kit. That is something I have been planning on trying but just havenít had time.

These kits are tailor made for each application. I understand many people donít mind having to modify things when they want something different than the next guy. But as far as larger heat exchanger we put a lot of research into performance and larger heat exchanger is not the way to go. Thatís why we have the automatic diverter valve. Personally Iím taking the heat exchanger off my GTO when I change cam and just rely on Super Chiller.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #25
TrekGTO

This is last weekend for sale price and summer heat will be here soon enough. Monday is deadline to save $100. 50% deposit to Paypal will secure sale price. AI Super Chiller is proven to provide lowest IAT of any product flat! Soon to find its way onto Dallas Performance Twin Turbo Lamborghinis.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 02-17-2012 at 08:08 PM.