Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
JRE SCT CUSTOM TUNE INSTRUCTIONS V5

JANNETTY RACING CUSTOM TUNE INSTRUCTIONS

When you Purchase an SCT X3 Hand Held Tuner from me you get ONE, 93 OR, ONE, 91 Octane Tune For Free 2010/11/12 Camaros Only, for your simple bolt on mods, CAI and Cat Backs, exclusions apply for Headers, cams, superchargers and nitrous and other vehicles.

Custom Tuning for excluded items available at additional cost options on my site or contact me via email for a quote.

Additional Tunes with minor changes are available AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE For 50.00 Each, i.e. Second tune for 91 Octane.

Your new SCT X3 will come to you Blank, You will need to connect the device to your car and Upload Stock tune file. Here is how, Sit in the car, Close the Door, Turn off all accessories and Unplug any devices from the Power Ports, i.e. cell phones, radar detectors, navigation etc. plug the device in to your OBDII port, select Program Vehicle, Using the left arrow scroll left to UPLOAD STOCK, it will prompt you to turn on the key, Turn the Key on, But do NOT Start, Wait for the Dinging to stop and hit select.

Your tuner came with a disc with Free Software called SCT Device Updater software, if not you can go to www.sctflash.com and down load for FREE, install this in your home or laptop computer Before you connect the device to your computer.

Then After you install and OPEN SCT Device updater software, you can connect your X3 to your computer, Drivers should install automatically, then Get Stock File, Click Browse, Find your Desktop and Click Save.

Go to your Desktop, there will be 3 files, Select the one with Your VinNumber.sul and email it to me tedj@jannettyracing.com along with your Full name, Address phone numbers, And all vehicle information Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trans, List of Performance Modifications and Preferred Octane 93 or 91.

PLEASE RE READ LAST STEP, I CANNOT TUNE YOUR CAR WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION, EVERYONE SEEMS TO FORGET OCTANE REQUIREMENT.

Then I will send you back a custom tune file for your mods.

When you receive a response, Save the file to your desktop, it will be, YOUR NAME JRE TUNE.cef

Again open SCT Device Updater, Then, connect your X3 tuner, select Load Custom Tune File, Browse to your tune file Select it, then select a position 1, then name it anything you like, i.e. JRE TUNE, click on program, you will see the progress bar at the bottom go green, then exit when finished.

Connect to your car, Select Program Vehicle, scroll left to Custom Tunes, Select JRE tune and follow the on screen prompts.

I have developed Dyno Proven tunes for all of the Product I sell, So Unless I instruct you to do so Datalogging will NOT be necessary.

If I instruct you to Datalog your car, you will need LiveLink software to do so, you can download the software free here http://www.sctflash.com/tsupdates.ph...6&GUD=1&GSER=1

The best way I found is to use a laptop on the seat, First, Start the Car, Then Open the LiveLink Software Then connect the X3 to your laptop, Then connect the X3 to the OBDII Port of the car, Then Hit the connect button, a list of PIDs will come up, you will have to scroll through them selecting the Items below.

Even thought they may not be named exactly as I listed them, I want you to select the following, but Try Not to select anything Not listed or doubles of any of the items listed.

You may have to test several PIDs to see which ones work best or work at all on your car.

Once you find a list that works well Save Configuration file for future use.

Engine RPM - RPM
MAP-Intkman abs prss
FUEL PRESSURE
ECT engine coolant temp – ecteng clt tmp
TPS throttle position or pedal position – acc pdl pos 1s
IAT intake air temp or Air intake temp – intk Airtmp
MAF Mass Air flow Hz – Maffre 125
TIMING spark cylinder 1 – ign Tim Adv4#1cyl
KNOCK RETARD – knk ret
Vehicle speed Kph–?
Long Term Fuel Trim bank 1 – ltf tri b1
Long Term Fuel Trim bank 2 – ltf tri b2

Pleas ONLY Select the PIDs Listed, Extra PIDs Slow Down Datalogging and give me useless information.

Names can vary from computer to computer but you get the Idea.

Once you have your PIDs configured and working, While NOT logging you can go to File/save LiveLink Configuration, for future Logging.

Go find a open road somewhere, 1/2 mile or so long would be great, from a stop drive the car 1/4 throttle up through the gears normally shifting at about 4500 RPM Paddle shift works best on Automatic trans cars.

Then repeat at about 1/2 throttle to 5500 RPM Speeding is not recommended or necessary 1st and 2nd gear are fine if you do not have the room.

Stop, and Save Datalog As (Your name 4500-5500-WOT etc.) to your desktop.

Email me the log files along with your Full name, Address phone numbers, And all vehicle information Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trans, and list of performance modifications, and any Comments you might think are helpful.

PLEASE RE READ THIS STEP, I CAN NOT REFINE YOUR TUNE WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION.

Please Do Not Assume I will know who you are By your Screen Name, or what kind of car you drive, or what your mods are, I deal with 50-100 people a Day so I must have all of your info right in front of me in ONE email so I can Properly Write your Tune.

Your Cooperation in reading, understanding and following these directions will make this a Very Pleasant Experience for both of us.

Thank you for Choosing JRE, Ted.

If you have other questions about SCT this is the entire FAQ section http://www.sctflash.com/support/inde...goryid=3&nav=0
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
as an owner that is constantly adding little pieces, how does this compare to coming in and getting a dyno tune done?

I dont want to tune after every little mod, but want to get the most out of my mods each and every time.
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
as an owner that is constantly adding little pieces, how does this compare to coming in and getting a dyno tune done?

I dont want to tune after every little mod, but want to get the most out of my mods each and every time.
It could save you several thousand dollars in dyno tuning costs.

All of my tuning is created and tested on the dyno, and when you log and I analyze the logs and tune accordingly it is in most cases Better just due to my vast experience.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 05-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Just ordered mine from you guys...cant wait.
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Just ordered mine from you guys...cant wait.
Thank you Sir.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

BUMP for MARINE1991
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 06-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
Nothingface

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS IBM
Thanks, Ted, for the awesome tune you sent me. My car is running like a dream, and it seems to get better and better by the day.
CAI Intake w/Scoop, Kooks Stepped LT Headers, Kooks HF Cats, LR NightFury Cam, LR Ported Heads, LR Ported Intake, 160* Stat, RX Catchcan, RX Breather, VMAX Ported TB, Vararam Power Wedge, Borla ATAK Catback, Barton Shifter, GTO Clutch Reservoir, BMR 1" Springs, BMR Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Endlinks, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Pro Version Bushing Kit, 3.5" Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 1LE 3.91 Gears, LPW Cover, Billet Caps, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, tuned by Lethal Racing
Nothingface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
Thanks, Ted, for the awesome tune you sent me. My car is running like a dream, and it seems to get better and better by the day.
Probably breaking in

Thank you.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 06-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
BUMP for MARINE1991
sweeet....
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #10
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I can confirm Ted's skill at tuning. He did mine in one go-around and nailed it. I was a bit skeptical at first about an email tune but I'm a believer now. I have a cam and other goodies and the car starts easily cold, idles well and runs great on the track. Couldn't ask for better!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
CharleyKahleys

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS cyber gray/black strip
How much is it? I'm really interested!
CharleyKahleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyKahleys View Post
How much is it? I'm really interested!
See my web site for details or shoot me an email

http://jreperformanceparts.com/gm/20...10-camaro.html
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 01-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #13
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Bump
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 01-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #14
Firebreed
Got Boost?

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6 SLP TVS 2300
Got my tune yesturday from Ted.. Great experance, car idle's and runs smooth! Thanks for everything Ted! i hope that 92 octane tune wasnt to weird to do haha... Once again Thanks!
Future Mods: 416ci stroker.
Firebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #15
Ntmd8r

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS L99 A6
Ordered my X3 yesterday.
Looking forward to an AWESOME improvement...
especially getting rid of the Fuel Management System.
Ntmd8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #16
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Windows 8

Hey Ted,

Trying to get my laptop ready so I can send you logs after SC install. Loaded to SCT Device updater software but I can not open or run the program. Could this be becasue I am running Windows 8 on the laptop and the version of SCT Device Updater I have is not capatible with Windows 8? I did get it from you over 2 years ago.

If so can I just download a free verison from somewhere or do I have to get it from SCT or something?

Also is it possible to do logging without laptop using the SCT X3 handheld?

Thanks
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #17
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Could I use this on multiple vehicles? I would like to kill the cel on my g6 b/c it has no cats. I can't use the auto start with the engine light on..
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #18
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by K32 Camaro View Post
Could I use this on multiple vehicles? I would like to kill the cel on my g6 b/c it has no cats. I can't use the auto start with the engine light on..
Sorry 1 Unit Per Vehicle for Programming.

diagnostics, Code reading and clearing and Data logging can be used on any/multiple vehicle that the unit covers.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #19
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Sorry 1 Unit Per Vehicle for Programming.

diagnostics, Code reading and clearing and Data logging can be used on any/multiple vehicle that the unit covers.
So you can do data logging with this hand held unit? I was under the impression you needed laptop to do data logging paired with the X3.

Is it that the laptop logging gives more or better data then the X3?

Just trying to get a better understanding of al this data logging stuff.

Thanks Jp
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #20
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
So you can do data logging with this hand held unit? I was under the impression you needed laptop to do data logging paired with the X3.

Thanks Jp
I have never had to data log, but from what I have read it sounds like you plug your SCT tuner into the OBDII port. Then you also connect the SCT tuner to your laptop at the same time as the SCT tuner is plugged into your car. You open up the software the JRE has listed in his above step. You find some open road and does some specific driving (such as getting on it up to a certain RPM range) Once your done with your driving you go home and pull the information that JRE requested from the software and send it to them. So to do data logging you will need the SCT tuner and a laptop. Some one correct me if I am wrong, but this was my understanding.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valve Train, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, Trunion upgrade, LS9 head gaskets, RX CC, GFX, Subs.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #21
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I have never had to data log, but from what I have read it sounds like you plug your SCT tuner into the OBDII port. Then you also connect the SCT tuner to your laptop at the same time as the SCT tuner is plugged into your car. You open up the software the JRE has listed in his above step. You find some open road and does some specific driving (such as getting on it up to a certain RPM range) Once your done with your driving you go home and pull the information that JRE requested from the software and send it to them. So to do data logging you will need the SCT tuner and a laptop. Some one correct me if I am wrong, but this was my understanding.
Thanks for the input, I thought that was the way to do it put the above statement knd of confused me, sounded like it could be done with SCT alone.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post

Thanks Jp
You first must use a laptop to create a Log configuration and load it to the handheld then you can log with the handheld alone but you can't see anything until you upload the log file.

I prefer to use a laptop then you can see that you are logging your parameters.

With the iTSX you can see it on the screen of your apple or android blue tooth device.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #23
JProberts