Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 06-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
A Great Weekend For GM and its fans!

In case you haven't heard GM had a fantastic outing at the track this weekend! Not only did Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick go 1-2 this weekend in the NASCAR FedEx 400, but looking past the oval GM picked up wins this weekend in both GrandAM (Corvette DP class, Camaro in GT class) and World Challenge (CTS-V in GT class, Camaro in GTS) Road Racing! Congratulations GM for building cars with fantastic performance potential!

The really special event of the weekend for us was World Challenge. The GTS class is every sports car lovers dream... the cars are built to withstand the rigors and performance needed of a full on race series, but on a factory chassis without significant modifications done. World Challenge is about as close as you can possibly get to a Camaro that's actually attainable off the show room floor. We've been supporting the Bondurant Race School / BestIT Camaro since the beginning of the World Challenge season, and they're starting to see success in a major way!

The racing was furious this weekend in Belle Isle, Michigan... and under the shadow of GM Headquarters both the Camaro's in GTS and the Cadillacs in GT knew that all eyes at GM were upon them entering the weekend. Through some amazing driving by Andy Lee in his Camaro and Johnny O'Connell in his CTS-V the GM brass was not left disappointed! Both Andy and Johnny backed up wins on Saturday with wins on Sunday as well. A complete sweep by GM in all 4 events held over 2 days!

What's better than a single World Challenge win during a race weekend?

4 wins during a race Weekend!

With the huge wins this weekend Andy and the team have actually taken a slim lead over series veteran Peter Cunningham. It should be a dog fight between the upstart Best IT/Bondurant team and Cunninghams Real Time Racing Acuras. With plenty of racing left in the 2012 season it's sure to make for some exciting action down the stretch.

Be sure to follow Andy and the entire Bondurant/Best IT team as they try to finish strong over the next 6 rounds in the remainder of the season. Needless to say we are ecstatic about the weekends results and wish nothing but the best to Andy over the remaining events!

This is just another example of how GM really did hit a home run with the Camaro. Not only are they now beating a stable of Mustangs and Optimas, but winning against the big boys in their class like the Porsche's and Acuras.

Go Camaro Go!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
tlcamaro

Drives: 68 Camaro, 2010 Camaro RS/SS, 2011
Greg Anderson also won in pro stock in his new Camaro.
tlcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Totally freakin awesome. If I had one wish, it would be to be a driver on the GT class circuits.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
cpc63

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I saw the DP and GT racing, were the other classes on TV too? Are they part of the Continental Tire Challenge too? Thanks
cpc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
In other news, Toyotas driven by Todd Bodine and Joey Logano won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and Nationwide Series races in Dover, DE, respectively. Also Honda powered cars driven by Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti and Simon Pagenaud finished 1-2-3 in the IndyCar Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion

Last edited by cmb74656; 06-14-2012 at 08:49 PM.
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
Congratulations Chevy and Camaro. I was watching one of the recently past Grand Am races with my son (9) where it was raining, Miami maybe, when he yells out "Oh, are those Camaros!" My first througt is that he is making me proud being a Camaro fan. He loves my Camaro almost as much as I do.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Dario Franchitti runs a Honda...
Kiss My SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
anth331

Drives: 12SS
Scott Dixon also drives a honda. Thought this thread was about GM kicking butts in the Major Divisions not the JR curcuit?
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc63 View Post
I saw the DP and GT racing, were the other classes on TV too? Are they part of the Continental Tire Challenge too? Thanks
World Challenge is a different race series than Rolex/Continental GrandAM. Typically they don't share race weekends, but just about everyone in North American sports car racing was in Michigan this weekend taking advantage of the temporary street circuit. Depending on the class you will typically see cars much closer to an actual production car running in World Challenge. For example the teams we support in GrandAM are pretty much full on race cars, while the Camaro's we support in World Challenge are close enough to a production car that they run our off the shelf production Coilover packages.

I think a replay of the World Challenge races are scheduled for the 7th on NBC Sports Network (used to be Versus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent... View Post
Congratulations Chevy and Camaro. I was watching one of the recently past Grand Am races with my son (9) where it was raining, Miami maybe, when he yells out "Oh, are those Camaros!" My first througt is that he is making me proud being a Camaro fan. He loves my Camaro almost as much as I do.
That's awesome! Got to start them young!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote