Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Car packed, ready to travel 1,000 miles cross country!

Hey guys, I'm an avid paintball player. Unfortunately around my general area we don't have a field where I can go play. So I don't get to get out as much as I would like. Fortunately there's this great event that happens every year, it's known as the World's Largest Scenario Paintball Game. I'm talking about Oklahoma D-Day. Every June OK D-Day Adventure park hosts the D-Day event, which is a week's worth of camping, paintball, and finally on Saturday an 8 hour long game known as D-Day. This game is huge! I'm talking 2,500+ players participating on 700 acres of playing field. I imagine the experience is about the closest thing to real warfare that you can get.

But there's a downside, I live all the way in North Dakota. At the very top of the state 10 miles from the Canadian border. So can you say ROAD TRIP!? This is will be my first time traveling this type of distance in my Camaro. Though from what I heard it's actually not a bad vehicle for long drives. I've driven 4 hours in it before and it felt just fine. I wasn't too worried about that. I was a little worried about space. Camping in the woods and hauling all my paintball gear could be a challenge. On top of that, I'm not going alone. One of my friends is coming with me, so I have to get all his gear in my car also. Low and behold, it went better than expected. Cue the pictures!

Here's all my gear, camping and paintball gear plus carry on luggage full of clothes.

I opted to put my stuff in the back of the car instead of the trunk. It's a little more difficult to load my gear, but I knew I would be careful loading it. Plus I know all my gear is clean, haha.

Filled the foot wells in the rear with my tent and air mattress. I'm bringing a two person tent, which is fine for me.

And still plenty of room for my friend's gear.

I'm taking off at 10:00AM tomorrow morning, I'm stoked!

Just wanted to share, feel free to share pictures of your Camaro packed full of camping gear or the like.

Edit: I should also mention, both seats are pushed back at their normal spot. I was really surprised that I could fit almost all my gear just in the back seat.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I PROMISE you. There is a big ass field closer than 1000 miles away haha . I hope you have a great time bud. Drive safe.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Sounds like a great time!! I used to play paintball a lot but now all my "friends" are broke ass losers that spend all there money on alcohol and cigarettes so they can never afford to go. Oh well. Have a great time man!
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
dustinwe1

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Transformer Edition
Hell ya!!! taking the Camaro on a 1,000 mile road trip, and get to shoot a few hundred people!!! Your living the American Dream LOL

Last edited by dustinwe1; 06-08-2012 at 07:54 PM.
dustinwe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
MoeIv

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Pictures of the trip when you come back!
MoeIv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
I shoot people too....but with a camera.

Wow! 1000 miles!...... I do at least that every two weeks on average!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Camaro is very good on the highway. I made a 4700 mi roadtrip, most fun I've had in a long time. Enjoy!
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
I PROMISE you. There is a big ass field closer than 1000 miles away haha . I hope you have a great time bud. Drive safe.
Hahaha, yeah there's no doubt about that! It's a little more fun to play on a paintball field with trees and brush. We'd be able to see each other, but our markers wouldn't be able to shoot far enough to hit each other!

Will do! I'll report back with MPG also, if I remember to reset my average, but I'm going to try and track it on paper too. Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
I shoot people too....but with a camera.

Wow! 1000 miles!...... I do at least that every two weeks on average!
Man, that's crazy! Glad to see you enjoying your Camaro to the max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeIv View Post
Pictures of the trip when you come back!
Oh trust me, I will. I'm going to try taking more this year!

Thanks guys, I'm glad to hear you all had great road trip experiences in your rides.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post

lmao
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
That's a lot of junk in your trunk!!!
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
Wish I was going there this year. I haven't been since 06.

What side and division are you?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
Dawn55430

Drives: 2023 Radiant Red 2LT
Took mine 1000+ miles, Minneapolis to Upper Michigan after only having him 3 days. Not a bad ride at all. Next trip is Colorado, we leave next Thursday. That should be about 3000+ miles by the time we get back.

Have fun and drive safe.
Dawn55430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
bad ass!
Drive Safe!
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #14
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewynn9 View Post
Wish I was going there this year. I haven't been since 06.

What side and division are you?
Man, you're missing out! This year is going to be the 15th year anniversary, and a new thing for this year is finally dog tags. If you get caught cheating or doing anything inappropriate, you lose a dog tag. If you lose both, you can't play anymore. Hopefully there will be less cheating this year.

Anyways, this is my 3rd year, I'm fighting for the Allies, 82nd Airborne, 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment, Able Company.

Our group last year

Playing gear