Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
BobB

Drives: Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
Made in the USA

Thought I'd share with you this story written by the owner of ARH...

Made In The USA

Made In The USA was always something near and dear to my heart. With the 4th of July just celebrated, we felt there was no better time to express our thoughts on why “Made In The USA” is of utmost importance to us as a header manufacturer. To say that our world hasn’t changed to the point where nearly everything we buy is made outside our country would be like saying gasoline is really cheap these days. We’re at a point where certain items just aren’t manufactured here at all. For many Americans, this is an incredibly frustrating fact and one that affects our country a great deal.

At least since my days as a young hot rodder, there was a slow and steady influx of performance parts made in China or Taiwan that found their way into our speed shops. They were cheap and from my experience, you barely got what you paid for. We knew these parts were inferior then and as far as we’re concerned, especially as it relates to the exhaust industry, they are just as inferior today.

The success story that is American Racing Headers is twofold. One is our relentless pursuit to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations in quality and performance. Second, the philosophy that we can, cost effectively, manufacture our products entirely in the USA with only US sourced materials. We’re blessed to be in an industry that allows us to go nowhere but within our borders to proudly design, manufacture and sell our systems. The byproduct is unmatched quality that has the whole world talking. Thankfully, many performance enthusiasts refuse to settle and if you’re reading this newsletter, you’re probably one of them. We sincerely thank you for making American Racing Headers what it is today.

We wish you all a great summer! ---- Nick Filippides, Owner
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Thanks for the post Nick. So many (for so many years) have been concerned with the bottom line rather than product reputation. Anything regarding treated metal that is Made In China is (in my experience) a cheap piece of unreliable junk. Their tools suck. Their pipe fittings suck. Their mower blades, nails, screws, and plumbing fixtures suck.

Thank you for sticking with American materials and American workmanship. Makes me wish my LFX could use headers. God bless America!!!!!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Thanks for the post Nick. So many (for so many years) have been concerned with the bottom line rather than product reputation. Anything regarding treated metal that is Made In China is (in my experience) a cheap piece of unreliable junk. Their tools suck. Their pipe fittings suck. Their mower blades, nails, screws, and plumbing fixtures suck.

Thank you for sticking with American materials and American workmanship. Makes me wish my LFX could use headers. God bless America!!!!!
+1000
Old 07-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
Thought I'd share with you this story written by the owner of ARH...

Made In The USA

Made In The USA was always something near and dear to my heart. With the 4th of July just celebrated, we felt there was no better time to express our thoughts on why “Made In The USA” is of utmost importance to us as a header manufacturer. To say that our world hasn’t changed to the point where nearly everything we buy is made outside our country would be like saying gasoline is really cheap these days. We’re at a point where certain items just aren’t manufactured here at all. For many Americans, this is an incredibly frustrating fact and one that affects our country a great deal.

At least since my days as a young hot rodder, there was a slow and steady influx of performance parts made in China or Taiwan that found their way into our speed shops. They were cheap and from my experience, you barely got what you paid for. We knew these parts were inferior then and as far as we’re concerned, especially as it relates to the exhaust industry, they are just as inferior today.

The success story that is American Racing Headers is twofold. One is our relentless pursuit to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations in quality and performance. Second, the philosophy that we can, cost effectively, manufacture our products entirely in the USA with only US sourced materials. We’re blessed to be in an industry that allows us to go nowhere but within our borders to proudly design, manufacture and sell our systems. The byproduct is unmatched quality that has the whole world talking. Thankfully, many performance enthusiasts refuse to settle and if you’re reading this newsletter, you’re probably one of them. We sincerely thank you for making American Racing Headers what it is today.

We wish you all a great summer! ---- Nick Filippides, Owner
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Having bought many made in the USA headers over the years I can say without a doubt the ARH 1 7/8" primary SS headers I bought from ARH for my '10 SS are the best I've ever had. Quality piece, you get more than you paid for.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Camaro. Made in Canada.

rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote