Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Blackone
 
Blackone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011er SS in black!...what else?
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 701
Forum meeting in Germany - camaro2010.de - 4 movies

Hi all,

Last weekend we had our annual Forum meeting.
This year it took place in Wuppertal / Germany.

Have fun watching the movies!







__________________
Blackone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Rock36
I just like V8s
 
Rock36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 919
Awesome, but I have long wondered how you get the TÜV to approve of your modifications?
__________________
"Anyone know who sells the driver mods?"

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Blackone
 
Blackone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011er SS in black!...what else?
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock36 View Post
Awesome, but I have long wondered how you get the TÜV to approve of your modifications?
...no problem with the appropriate appraisals

Da du aus Stuttgart kommst nun auf deutsch:...mit Gutachten werden Teile beim TÜV eingetragen!
__________________
Blackone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
Xello
 
Xello's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kenosha, WI
Posts: 372
Prima! I love seeing your cars and the different appearance mods.
Xello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
Blackone
 
Blackone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011er SS in black!...what else?
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
Prima! I love seeing your cars and the different appearance mods.
There are really very beautiful Camaros represented to us!

really .... it's got heart, blood in the work.
__________________
Blackone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #6
Blackone
 
Blackone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011er SS in black!...what else?
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 701


__________________
Blackone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
SlickP
 
SlickP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 220
Send a message via Skype™ to SlickP
Long lives the CAMARO!!
SlickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
99SSragtop
 
99SSragtop's Avatar
 
Drives: SS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 51
Scarface was different......
Road block lmao good job
99SSragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Dalefj
Auto-Crossing A Boat
 
Drives: 2002 Lexus GS 300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 191
Great looking cars! Awesome to see how popular the Camaro is on the other side of the pond, but I was hoping for some top speed Autobahn runs. Also I love the ZR1 style hood btw.
__________________
Dalefj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
TinyToasta
 
TinyToasta's Avatar
 
Drives: way too fast....
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 289
Well.. let's put some words around the videos and pictures soon to follow!

This was our 5th Camaro2010.de fest held in Wuppertal in the southern part of the "Ruhrpott" - one of the busiest and most crowded areas right in the heart of Germany.


Starting with what must have been the smallest forum meet ever with 5 cars (4?) back in 2010 we're organizing annual meets similar to what guys are doing, just a "tiny bit" smaller....
First meet:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85570


The first "big" meet back in August 2010 was already counting 25+ camaros - see below thread for details:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100820


To bridge the time until the 2011 Fest, we decided to take part at Luis Chevrolet 100th Birthday held in Switzerland:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154502


The next official meet in 2011 was already counting 60+ Camaros and was starting to become one hell of an event!!! (No thread for this unfortunately...)



With a peak of 85+ Camaros during this years meet in Wuppertal, it became clear that the community over here in Germany/Europe is what you could call a big family, sharing the enthusiasm for a car that still is one of those rare exotics - not often seen on Germanys (Europes) roads!

We're growing, slowly but gradually, supported by the fact that the Camaro is now officially sold in Europe! The amazing thing to see is how friendships amongst the members have developed over the time. Germany/Switzerland/Austria has become quite a small place given all the events taking place near and far...


Anyway - Wuppertal it was this time!
3 days, 85+ cars, 150+ friends, one Hotel, one hell of a place to hold such an event!

The traffic in this area is huge at any time, so obviously if a convoi of 85 cars sets off for a cruise in Wuppertal something's gotta give... Admittedly some spontaneous roadblocks were needed to keep the cars together but overall things ran smooth enough to not leave the city in a complete chaos! However we needed 2 "test cruises" to restaurants nearby on day 1 & 2 to figure out how this is done the best...

Saturday, we've organized a 120mile cruise through the countryside south to the Ruhrpott - hopefully a lot of pics and videos will be provided later. Surprisingly this cruise went as smooth as silk. Most amazing thing was to realize that in this area of Germany the camaro was not often spotted before. Difficult to describe the faces of bystanders looking at a 30.000hp centipede roaring along... priceless to say the least!!!!

Best bit of the meet - for me at least - was the time spent on the parking lot in front of the hotel. Seeing old friends again, making new friends amongst the new members, discussing the latest mods and at the end partying through the night - this is what makes this community special!!!

Unfortunately fate struck hard upon a couple of members... 2 clutches went out, 1 harmonic balancer simply exploded and a fender-bender was on the list of things that shouldn't have happened and put the local motor club (ADAC) on the agenda....


More to stories to come later on together with pics&vids of the best event we had to date


Thanks to everybody taking part at this year's fest - you guys rock
Thanks to C5 as well, although thousands of miles away, I can feel we're sharing the same sort of love - our cars and the community
__________________
custom build forged LSA, 376ci, TVS2300@15psi, 675rwhp/676ft-lbs, built by Henrik Racing, Customkingz, tuned by Jannetty Racing
JRE rough idle cam, JRE ported lower intake manifold, OD cog drive, 6% OD crank pulley, ported ls3 heads, NW102mm TB, 1/2'' RDS spacer, IW 8-rib drive
Pfadt Cradle Bushings, Arms & Rods, Pedders Supercar w/FE4 conversion, ZL1 sways, HE Twin Carbon Street Slayer, DSS 1000hp Axles
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
thespymaster


 
thespymaster's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: G4 CLASSIFIED
Posts: 4,648
Ich verbrachte acht Jahre in Deutschland, als ich in der US-Armee war in Heidelberg und vermisse es. Ich komme rüber März für zwei Wochen

Sieht aus wie Ihre camaro Club Spaß, würde gerne die Autobahn bei Höchstgeschwindigkeit getroffen
__________________
2014 C7 Stingray 3LT/Z51
2013 Camaro SS
2012 Camaro ZL1 - 850 HP
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
TinyToasta
 
TinyToasta's Avatar
 
Drives: way too fast....
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 289
I guess vet1 is not coming with you, is it?

You have to let me know about you're plans next year - I'd be more than happy to meet you in person

I just hope I'll get my car back out of the shop in time to give you a ride on the AB and meet some of the folks around Heidleberg
__________________
custom build forged LSA, 376ci, TVS2300@15psi, 675rwhp/676ft-lbs, built by Henrik Racing, Customkingz, tuned by Jannetty Racing
JRE rough idle cam, JRE ported lower intake manifold, OD cog drive, 6% OD crank pulley, ported ls3 heads, NW102mm TB, 1/2'' RDS spacer, IW 8-rib drive
Pfadt Cradle Bushings, Arms & Rods, Pedders Supercar w/FE4 conversion, ZL1 sways, HE Twin Carbon Street Slayer, DSS 1000hp Axles
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
PeeBee

 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Luxemburg
Posts: 1,306
Next time DO invite me... I'm in Luxemburg since a few weeks...
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
thespymaster


 
thespymaster's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: G4 CLASSIFIED
Posts: 4,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyToasta View Post
I guess vet1 is not coming with you, is it?

You have to let me know about you're plans next year - I'd be more than happy to meet you in person

I just hope I'll get my car back out of the shop in time to give you a ride on the AB and meet some of the folks around Heidleberg

Die Pläne sind in den Werken mit dem USO zum Projekt "Freiheitskämpfer" nach Europa zu bringen, um verschiedene US-Militärbasen zu besuchen

Einzelheiten werden nach dem neuen Jahr abgeschlossen werden
__________________
2014 C7 Stingray 3LT/Z51
2013 Camaro SS
2012 Camaro ZL1 - 850 HP
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #15
OVERPAR73
2013 CRT ZL1 convertible
 
OVERPAR73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 vert
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,077
TinyToasta,
I wish we could get your side view mirrors with the turn signals built in on the far edge here in the states. I will be modifying mine when I finally take delivery of the car. Any suggestions on any type of mod for the mirrors? Do you have any modified mirrors in the Crystal Red tint coat for sale over there. I really enjoyed my short time all over Germany while in the service!!

Overpar73
OVERPAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
buzzy56
buzzy56
 
buzzy56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 1,118
well done

Nice job on the videos . I really enjoyed the country side and all of your cars.Awesome job.Glad that so many others share our enthusiasm for this car.
__________________
OLD SCHOOL / NEW SCHOOL COOL
buzzy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
imgntht
 
imgntht's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 GMC Acadia
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Western Burbs of Chicago
Posts: 19
What a great time, would love to visit those countries some day. Congrats on organizing such an event.

I do have to ask about a spoiler I saw at the 6:00 minute mark in the first video. It was on a grey Camaro and much more swoopy than I've seen before. Any pictures of this more?
imgntht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #18
t!mbo
 
t!mbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 45th 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 314
Hope to join you guys in a 2-3 years, when we move back to Germany. Its really a fast growing crowd there
__________________
t!mbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #19
Carls2SS
 
Carls2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyToasta View Post
Well.. let's put some words around the videos and pictures soon to follow!

This was our 5th Camaro2010.de fest held in Wuppertal in the southern part of the "Ruhrpott" - one of the busiest and most crowded areas right in the heart of Germany.


Starting with what must have been the smallest forum meet ever with 5 cars (4?) back in 2010 we're organizing annual meets similar to what guys are doing, just a "tiny bit" smaller....
First meet:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85570


The first "big" meet back in August 2010 was already counting 25+ camaros - see below thread for details:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100820


To bridge the time until the 2011 Fest, we decided to take part at Luis Chevrolet 100th Birthday held in Switzerland:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154502


The next official meet in 2011 was already counting 60+ Camaros and was starting to become one hell of an event!!! (No thread for this unfortunately...)



With a peak of 85+ Camaros during this years meet in Wuppertal, it became clear that the community over here in Germany/Europe is what you could call a big family, sharing the enthusiasm for a car that still is one of those rare exotics - not often seen on Germanys (Europes) roads!

We're growing, slowly but gradually, supported by the fact that the Camaro is now officially sold in Europe! The amazing thing to see is how friendships amongst the members have developed over the time. Germany/Switzerland/Austria has become quite a small place given all the events taking place near and far...


Anyway - Wuppertal it was this time!
3 days, 85+ cars, 150+ friends, one Hotel, one hell of a place to hold such an event!

The traffic in this area is huge at any time, so obviously if a convoi of 85 cars sets off for a cruise in Wuppertal something's gotta give... Admittedly some spontaneous roadblocks were needed to keep the cars together but overall things ran smooth enough to not leave the city in a complete chaos! However we needed 2 "test cruises" to restaurants nearby on day 1 & 2 to figure out how this is done the best...

Saturday, we've organized a 120mile cruise through the countryside south to the Ruhrpott - hopefully a lot of pics and videos will be provided later. Surprisingly this cruise went as smooth as silk. Most amazing thing was to realize that in this area of Germany the camaro was not often spotted before. Difficult to describe the faces of bystanders looking at a 30.000hp centipede roaring along... priceless to say the least!!!!

Best bit of the meet - for me at least - was the time spent on the parking lot in front of the hotel. Seeing old friends again, making new friends amongst the new members, discussing the latest mods and at the end partying through the night - this is what makes this community special!!!

Unfortunately fate struck hard upon a couple of members... 2 clutches went out, 1 harmonic balancer simply exploded and a fender-bender was on the list of things that shouldn't have happened and put the local motor club (ADAC) on the agenda....


More to stories to come later on together with pics&vids of the best event we had to date


Thanks to everybody taking part at this year's fest - you guys rock
Thanks to C5 as well, although thousands of miles away, I can feel we're sharing the same sort of love - our cars and the community

Cars without borders!!!! very cool
__________________
2012-45th Anniversary Edition 2SS/RS/M6 CAI, Elite Catch Can,SW RetroCatback
1969 Z/28 Sold
Carls2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #20
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance
 
Sandor's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Chroma
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Motor City
Posts: 339
Love seeing all that Chevy Muscle in Germany! They look especially mean among the econoboxes which seem to be most of the cars on the road.
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
Rideskinz
 
Rideskinz's Avatar
 
Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 711
Awesome!
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #22
Dent RS
Axes Kivster
 
Dent RS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro '12 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UAE - Dubai
Posts: 89
Beautiful grouping of camaros , great mods too ..

(YY) for the roadblock lol ... I like the Washpark idea too
Dent RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
SNK
 
SNK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chevy Chase, MD
Posts: 298
Awesome cars!! I so badly want those Euro taillights. They are sick!
SNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
oldfriend


 
oldfriend's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32*38' 49N. 16*55'42W
Posts: 6,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackone View Post
...no problem with the appropriate appraisals

Da du aus Stuttgart kommst nun auf deutsch:...mit Gutachten werden Teile beim TÜV eingetragen!
Oh , yes that to .
__________________
2010 BLK 2SS RS IO
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #25
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,208
Let me know when the next one of these is going on. Sounds like a good excuse to jump across the pond.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.