Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Angry The neighbor's kid scratched my car!!!!!!

I live in an apartment complex in a really nice part of town. And for the most part, the neighbors are all very nice people. But there are about 5 little thug kids [probably around the age of 10-13] that think they own the place. I saw one of them outside my car this morning swinging a rope around in a circle. He was very close to my trunk, but it didn't look like he made contact. I got dressed and walked outside to check, and sure enough, there's a long hairline scratch all across the back bumper. Tomorrow morning I'm finding out where this little ***hole lives and I'm going to visit his parents. They're going to pay for this repair, and I can guarantee you that when I'm done with them they will make sure that punk isn't anywhere near my car EVER AGAIN! I haven't even had this car for two months yet and it's already been scratched TWICE.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I busted this same punk kid last year for wrestling one of his friends on my last car [which at the time was brand new]!!! I caught him in the act of that and freaked out on him like nobody's business. I guess since that car is gone he thinks I moved away and it's fine to eff with people's cars again. Wrong answer, jerk...

I will report back tomorrow.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Not to be a huge downer, but unless you have video evidence you won't get anything done or happening.

This is what I envision happening:

You see the kid and his friends and confront them, go to their house, talk to their parents, parents reply with "show me proof that son did this", you have no video or picture evidence, you get told to **** off and stop accusing little johnny perfect shoes.

I don't mean to be an asshole man, but I had the same thing happen. Some skateboarder bailed and slide into my car. When i confronted him he basically told me I have no proof and that if I pursued he would tell people I harassed him - his friends backed him up on this.

Only thing I can tell you is "know when to pick your battles".

OR get a camera and catch those ****s in the act

I did both!
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Pay some bully kid to beat him up.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
kd4hey
Motorhead Wannabe

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (L99) RJT
Send a message via Skype™ to kd4hey
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!

Better yet, move out of those apartments.

2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT VIN# 116938 Del: 27AUG2010 "Veronica" is a wet dream on wheels!
Former Ride: 2010 1LT RJT 15AUG2009 - 27AUG2010 "Victoria" was one fine lady! CamaroSouth - Columbia Chapter Member
kd4hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
CPCNY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, VR ext/Blk Int
I'd let it go. Try to buff the scratch out with polishing compound.
CPCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
Mr. Texas

Drives: 2016 Mosiac Black 2SS A8
Mr. Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
Not to be a huge downer, but unless you have video evidence you won't get anything done or happening.

You see the kid and his friends and confront them, go to their house, talk to their parents, parents reply with "show me proof that son did this", you have no video or picture evidence, you get told to **** off and stop accusing little johnny perfect shoes.

I don't mean to be an asshole man, but I had the same thing happen. Some skateboarder bailed and slide into my car. When i confronted him he basically told me I have no proof and that if I pursued he would tell people I harassed him - his friends backed him up on this.

I did both!

.should've splintered his board.."no proof it was you, right?"
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
.should've splintered his board.."no proof it was you, right?"
Thing was there was like five of them. They would have all backed one another up, and myself being 28, I would looked like some harassing angry local hill billy.

Justice was served though. A week later they did the same shit but a neighbor caught them. Basically had the parents repaint 1500$ worth of door They were not happy. Plus I had it on camera!
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Pay some bully kid to beat him up.
do it now , lol
Old 09-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post

I did both!

You can accuse all you want, but without proof you won't get far.
The "joy" of apartment life.

We are lucky enough to have a house with 2 car garage.
Anytime you park your car in close proximity to others, your going to have this stuff happen.
No getting away from it until you get your own garage.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...Apartments...thug kids...nice part of town??
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
On a completely unrelated to note to any of the above, do you own a paintball gun?
Old 09-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
STW

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
I feel like something like that is going to happen every time I park my car in public. You should have seen me in the Brookfield Zoo parking lot today, stage thing is my fiancee us starting to understand my search for perfect parking spot.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
STW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #14
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
It's frustrating but that's just how it is. I've had my car for only 6 months and I already got doored on the passenger side and two dings on the drivers side. It sucks but there's no use getting all bent outta shape. But here is what you can do. Call some of your friends to say that they also witnessed the kid hit your car...or maybe get a neighbor to say they witnessed it.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote