Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Paulg680

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro
Drove the ZL1 to work today... Wife threw a penalty flag

Drove my ZL1 to work today. It's a great drive on open back roads of southern Indiana. I behaved myself until I hit a fun stretch of road with long straights and lots of twisties. After taking a 90 degree turn, I accelerated hard and ran through the gears. I crested a small rise in the road and as the suspension unloaded, the rear end got a little squirrelly. Nothing too bad or dangerous. I was have a good time until the wife got my attention and asked me to "Stop doing that!".

She's normally a very passive passenger when I drive spiritedly in her Mini Cooper S or my modified Corvette. I guess the ZL1 took her to a new level and she found her limit for "fun"...

Paulg680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulg680 View Post
Drove my ZL1 to work today. It's a great drive on open back roads of southern Indiana. I behaved myself until I hit a fun stretch of road with long straights and lots of twisties. After taking a 90 degree turn, I accelerated hard and ran through the gears. I crested a small rise in the road and as the suspension unloaded, the rear end got a little squirrelly. Nothing too bad or dangerous. I was have a good time until the wife got my attention and asked me to "Stop doing that!".

She's normally a very passive passenger when I drive spiritedly in her Mini Cooper S or my modified Corvette. I guess the ZL1 took her to a new level and she found her limit for "fun"...

Nice! haha

Drive it like you stole it.. AKA how it's supposed to be driven lol
Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
You didn't buy it to drive like Miss Daisy!! Get some!!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
My wife gets very pissed if I act up in a car with her on board. I do cut her slack though because she was in a very bad car crash where her car got torn in two from a speeder that turned into her. She was hurt very badly and lucky to be alive. I tell her that you have to get back on that hourse that bit you. She doesn't laugh. Lol
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
My wife gets very pissed if I act up in a car with her on board. I do cut her slack though because she was in a very bad car crash where her car got torn in two from a speeder that turned into her. She was hurt very badly and lucky to be alive. I tell her that you have to get back on that hourse that bit you. She doesn't laugh. Lol
+1

My wife is the same way, she totalled a vehicle by rolling it doing 25mph, not a straight piece of metal, including the roof, on the car. The only way she was able to get out was the sunroof. That being said a sunroof has been a requirement for every vehicle since. If she is in the car I have to drive it like I borrowed it from one of her friends. My friends would say I should drive it like I stole it. Needless to say she doesn't ride in it too often.

Last edited by Hercules; 11-21-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
family man

Drives: .
If you ask me, you're not REALLY driving it until you scare the passenger!
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
I do not fear the car but I do fear my wife! LOL.

I take it mostly easy and gives me some slack......... as long as I warn her first. She hates when I go without a warning!
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
All of my girlfriends and ex-wife enjoyed the rush the same as I. It's almost a prerequisite.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Drive sideways
Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
ha ha. my wife drives like a physco most of the time so it is hard to get to much of a rise out of her but I made her cry once in one of my corvette's. I took a corner in the inside and drifted the car out at fairly decent speed. nothing too crazy from my perspective but she was not used to the speed the car carried.

I did not know whether to pat myself on my back or say I am sorry ha ha. ever now and again I will remind her of the time I made her cry like a girl if she gets too big for her britches.

She will get mad but she has made me about crap myself twice but for some reason I am just supposed to deal with it.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
ha ha. my wife drives like a physco most of the time so it is hard to get to much of a rise out of her but I made her cry once in one of my corvette's. I took a corner in the inside and drifted the car out at fairly decent speed. nothing too crazy from my perspective but she was not used to the speed the car carried.

I did not know whether to pat myself on my back or say I am sorry ha ha. ever now and again I will remind her of the time I made her cry like a girl if she gets too big for her britches.

She will get mad but she has made me about crap myself twice but for some reason I am just supposed to deal with it.
Hell yea, lmao
Old 11-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:

in my younger stupider days I used to street race with my bike and wife on back so im guessing she has a high tolerance for danger ...she never complained once
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #13
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:

...park the wifee the next time you run the ZL1.....it'll be less stressfull.....
I'm lucky, the more intense it gets, the more she likes it...but when she talks I don't answer because I'm locked in....as they say... "I got it like that"....
Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Lucky you , next time you most likely will be ejected from that ...game .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote