Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Pulled over for FADING RGB lights

So I was on HWY 115, and had my RGB lights on low, and they were fading from red to green to blue (takes about 10 seconds to go to each color). He told me that I could get charged for impersonating police if I have red and blue flashing lights. I said They are not flashing, and they are not clearly visible from all angles (they are inside of the grille). He thought I was badmouthing him, so he told me he was going to give me a ticket for improper motor vehicle lighting. It is a $135.00 dollar ticket plus a $15.00 victim's fee (don't ask me). I read in the Ontario HTA, that undercariage lighting (neon lights) can be whatever color or flashing speed, as long as they are nt visible from the front and back at the same time. The lights are technically mounted beneath the vehicle, and they are not visible from the back at all. Is it worth me fighting this, or should I just take the fine, and keep the lights off? I am not in the wrong here, just trying to have some fun, and make my car look good. The officer also had the audacity to tell me that my stripes aren't straight. Lol, if i wanted, i could outrun that FORD Crown Vic any day of the week.

Sorry for the rant, please let me know what I should do!
Brian

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Officer is correct so suck up the fine. And, unless you are modded up that Vic will be all over you like maple syrup on pancakes. He has the torque and low end power to easily take you down and pit you into a ditch. LOL

Old 12-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Definitely fight it dude. They count on people not contesting tickets. Especially since you yourself said you are not in the wrong.
Plus the jackass said your stripes are crooked.

expect nothing, but take everything
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
fight it and and bring pictures of it at night and daytime. and have the law paperwork. the should at least reduce it
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
i could outrun that FORD Crown Vic any day of the week

Look.... A v6 owner with a pipe dream. Lol

That crown Vic would own you. Has a nice little thing you're missing...called a v8. Secondly....run as fast as you can...but you can't outrun a radio.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
guys he is in Canada, do be so sure you understand their laws, they are different..

insofar as the Crown Vic, police cruiser have beefed up motors, and like was said can't out run the radio or a Copter
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
nightshift

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post

That crown Vic would own you. Has a nice little thing you're missing...called a v8. Secondly....run as fast as you can...but you can't outrun a radio.
Or the helicopter...suck it up. You're in the wrong. Pay the fine.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
If you think you followed the law, and he is wrong, fight it. You may still lose, since most judges are biased and don't even give a pretence of a fair trial, but at least give it a try and have your say. You might win.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #9
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
So I was on HWY 115, and had my RGB lights on low, and they were fading from red to green to blue (takes about 10 seconds to go to each color). He told me that I could get charged for impersonating police if I have red and blue flashing lights. I said They are not flashing, and they are not clearly visible from all angles (they are inside of the grille). He thought I was badmouthing him, so he told me he was going to give me a ticket for improper motor vehicle lighting. It is a $135.00 dollar ticket plus a $15.00 victim's fee (don't ask me). I read in the Ontario HTA, that undercariage lighting (neon lights) can be whatever color or flashing speed, as long as they are nt visible from the front and back at the same time. The lights are technically mounted beneath the vehicle, and they are not visible from the back at all. Is it worth me fighting this, or should I just take the fine, and keep the lights off? I am not in the wrong here, just trying to have some fun, and make my car look good. The officer also had the audacity to tell me that my stripes aren't straight. Lol, if i wanted, i could outrun that FORD Crown Vic any day of the week.

Sorry for the rant, please let me know what I should do!
Brian
he smacked your little fanny
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Might sound stupid, but I didnt even know that they had v8's. comment taken back! lol. now a ZL1 on the other hand... and you know how long it takes the OPP helicopter to get from the ground at Peterborough Airport to where i am? about 12 minutes, enough to easily get to an of ramp, and garage it! lol would never do that tho. Would a v8 Camaro have a chance against the Vic?

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #11
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshift View Post
Or the helicopter...suck it up. You're in the wrong. Pay the fine.
The laws are most likely different in Canada, therefore he could be right.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #12
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Maybe he is doing you a favor.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #13
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Officer is correct so suck up the fine. And, unless you are modded up that Vic will be all over you like maple syrup on pancakes. He has the torque and low end power to easily take you down and pit you into a ditch. LOL
Quote:

As for the OP, I don't really agree with talking back in any way to an officer if its not justified, but I'm sorry guys.

Everything I've ever read about the Crown Vic Interceptors says they are heavy 4,000lb+ cars (because of all the extra gear), with the 4.6 V8 with 250HP and like 280 or 290 TQ. Now tell me...how friggin slow do you really think the V6 Camaro is? LOL

Unless these Vics have some "secret" power under the hood that nobody knows about.....the V6 would smash it in a straight line.

I'm not trying to start a V6 vs V8 debate....thats not what this is about. But your comments were just simply ridiculous.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:

V6-V8...here we go again. I think there should be a V8 forum!!!

Closed Thread