Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
dont trust your back up sensors

They dont work when your going to hit something. They work after you back over a black mail box and scratch up your rear end. The fu*King things will tell me there is something across the paking lot but not right behind me. 3am back up cameras good for nothing. mirrors are good for nothing. well we will see how much damage in the morning.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Apparently you're eyes are good for nothing also Know your surroundings
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 AM   #3
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ya i know. couldnt see a thing in the back up camera. even when i hit it. censors never beeped or anything untill after I hit it. I was backing out of a drive way. I thought i was in the road so I turned
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #4
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
maybe our cars should come with night vision equiped to the back up cameras
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:10 AM   #5
msp2887

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black
Maybe sober up next time before driving. You thought you were already in the street? Yikes
msp2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:51 AM   #6
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
I'm not going to give you an uppity response like the rest. The visibility in these cars absolutely sucks! And tinting the rear window from the factory was brilliant for night time driving.
Sounds like you won't have your car very long. I honestly have never had a visibility problem.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:14 AM   #7
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Back up sensors work just fine, not sure they are going to pick up a mail box if it is right between sensors. I have no issues with mine. Guess you should know your surroundings a little better next time?
Old 07-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #8
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
I'm not going to give you an uppity response like the rest. The visibility in these cars absolutely sucks! And tinting the rear window from the factory was brilliant for night time driving.
Nothing wrong with the visibility Adjust your mirrors properly
Old 07-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #9
fish907

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
dont trust your back up censors
Yeah man, I totally hate it when a controlling body seeking to control my free speech fails, and I have rely on backup oppressors.
fish907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #10
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Sounds like somebody has been drinking?

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #11
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish907 View Post
Yeah man, I totally hate it when a controlling body seeking to control my free speech fails, and I have rely on backup oppressors.
I hope a mod edits your post, for the full ironic effect
Old 07-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #12
45THanniversarySS
Builder of fast cars

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniverary Edition
for the comment about tinting your window for night driving...really? really guy? new your gonna tell me how the mounted flame thrower was a bad choice for making BBQ on saturday evenings...or that my 50. CAL machine gun i mounted on the hood was a bad idea for hunting...oh hell with it ill just take the 4X4 out and take the 34" swamper off too...ppl these days lol
Old 07-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #13
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
It's my wifes car. I guess all the reviews of bad visibility are some kind of myth. I get you guys love your Camaros to death but lets get real. They are no greenhouse when it comes to seeing out of them.
Yes, please let's get real. You're just used to cars that require no real effort from the driver to attain good visibility.

The reviews you talk about are of two types:

1) from owners
2) from pro reviewers

In group 1), let's be real, we have a group of people that in general are fairly ignorant of how to even drive. Let's be very honest here, the average new car owner is no ace behind the wheel, even when you go to the realm of 'cool cars' like the Camaro. Actually in general I'd say that the typical new 'cool car' owner today has fairly little clue as to what the car is telling them when it does what it does. Electronic systems have removed a 'need' for the average driver to interact with cars. It's a clinical relationship, where new car owners are expecting the car to do everything for them. Read the threads here if you need proof. And for the past 30 years, everything in new car design has become 'ergonomics' everything is for 'convenience' in new cars. The Camaro is not the "best car' for visibility unless we're talking the convertible, with the roof down. The 'bad visibility' is a myth. It is a myth because while the C-pillars are wide and the rear end is slightly raked up, you have rear-view mirrors firstly, and secondly the issue of visibility is subjective and is being compared and contrasted to other cars that the owners are used to driving. This is the same type of owner that can't believe how "much power" the SS model has. You want real bad visibility? Drive a '69 Corvette hardtop. Drive my old Solstice GXP with the roof up.

But adjust your mirrors correctly, and these problems all but go away.

Group 2) is paid to find things to write about. Hyperbole and exaggeration are meat and potatoes for this group, and sensationalism is their gravy. They are not supposed to write that everything is great, they need down-sides so that they can end up providing "info" for comparisons later. They would never writet that "visibility is acceptable if the driver adjusts mirrors like he's supposed to". First, they don't know f-all about how to drive themselves in most cases. Secondly, that type of talk doesn't 'sell' a review to a publisher or editor. Thirdly, the standpoint is that in new cars, the driver shouldn't have to know how to do that, the car is supposed to do that work for the driver.

If the visibility was "so bad", everyone would be hitting everything, as if they had on blindfolds. A good artist never blames his canvas or brush.

It's my opinion that things like back up sensors, at the end of the equation, make for worse drivers overall. The drivers begin to depend on those systems, and then they run over a mailbox. Same goes for a lot of doo-dads. It removes the need for the driver to think way too much. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Anyway. Want better viability? Great mod, zero dollars: adjust your mirrors the right way.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #14
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
honestly lets be real i usually back into a parking spot if i can because when i cant and i have to back out i cant see sh*t on my left or right. i literally chance it and back out slowly (mind you im maneuvering around to make sure some ass doesnt come flying by) but regardless those pillers in the back suck when backing out. as for me im used to it and it doesnt bother me, you live with it but the truth is the truth and looking out the rear in the 5th gen sucks but she looks so damn sexy from the outside.