Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
burton227

Drives: 2010 Camaro Yellow w/ Black stripes
Exclamation Dealer "Agreements"

Alright so I purchased a 2010 camaro from the chevy dealership. When I got there to look around the guy just traded in the car I wanted 2 hours earlier. So we struck up a deal and punched some numbers and it turned out thats what I could afford and what I was looking for. So we signed some forms and a "do bill" that the normal safety inspection and smog check be completed. Then we also added on that the paint chips throughout the front bumper and some on the "gills" of the car be fixed. As well I purchased some emblems and and decals be put on the car from the dealership. They said it all should be done "within a few days" It was monday (7/8/13) and they said it would be done and I could pick it up on friday(7/12/13). Well the week passed and I went to pick the car up and none of the paint was fixed and none of the emblems were put on. I asked them about it and they said they are just waiting for the emblems to come in and I would drive the car home and they will call when they are in. Well yesterday (8/5/13) they called and told me to bring it in today (8/6/13) I had to wake up early to get it in by 7:30 when the parts center opened. I then recently got a call saying the emblems never came and that they had to get them from a nearby chevrolet and have to keep the car overnight. He ALSO said that they aren't going to fix the paint chips because there are more than they normally deal with and we have to talk to the manager that we signed the contract with and then bring the car back in at another time to get it fixed.

Okay sorry for the long post but I just want to know is it wrong of me to be getting pissed?? And how should I go about the situation? Is there anything I should ask for in compensation for all this beating around the bush stuff?
burton227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Yeah, tell them to honor the agreement. I hope you had it in writing.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
burton227

Drives: 2010 Camaro Yellow w/ Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
Yeah, tell them to honor the agreement. I hope you had it in writing.
Yeah I do it's on our "do bill"
burton227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
If it is in writing... they must honor it.
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #5
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
if you have it in writing, there's no reason for them not do it. You can go to any judicial court and scare the hell out of them...they know that they're not gonna win. You can prolly get a lil money out of it too since you went there couple of times and wasted your time and whatnot.

delta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:00 AM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
there hoping you will give up. they should have had the parts in 2 days. you have to hound them by going down there alot. they will use the hold button if you call.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #7
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
If you have it in writing, don't back down. Calmly escalate to the highest level in the dealership and tell them to honor the agreement.
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
sruff26

Drives: 2SS RS
Threatening to call your lawyer usually gets people moving faster since they are the ones in the wrong here
sruff26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #9
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Geez guys, put down the nuclear weapons until we know more....find the general manager - show him the "we owe" - see what he says - report back here....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #10
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
If you pull the lawyer card then be ready to use it. People in these businesses hear that all the time - normally it doesn't scare them too much.

However what can scare them more is if you get a local tv or newspaper involved that has a "call for action" type of department.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #11
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
If you pull the lawyer card then be ready to use it. People in these businesses hear that all the time - normally it doesn't scare them too much.

However what can scare them more is if you get a local tv or newspaper involved that has a "call for action" type of department.

However it's always in your best bet to do everything calmly... Don't want to piss them off and have them beat on your car while it's being worked on.. we've all seen those videos lol
Old 08-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi burton227,

Wow, this sounds really irritating! I can look into things further for you if you wouldn't mind sending me a little more information. If you could send a private message with your name, address, phone number, and name of involved dealership, I can speak with your dealership on the status of your vehicle.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton227 View Post
Alright so I purchased a 2010 camaro from the chevy dealership. When I got there to look around the guy just traded in the car I wanted 2 hours earlier. So we struck up a deal and punched some numbers and it turned out thats what I could afford and what I was looking for. So we signed some forms and a "do bill" that the normal safety inspection and smog check be completed. Then we also added on that the paint chips throughout the front bumper and some on the "gills" of the car be fixed. As well I purchased some emblems and and decals be put on the car from the dealership. They said it all should be done "within a few days" It was monday (7/8/13) and they said it would be done and I could pick it up on friday(7/12/13). Well the week passed and I went to pick the car up and none of the paint was fixed and none of the emblems were put on. I asked them about it and they said they are just waiting for the emblems to come in and I would drive the car home and they will call when they are in. Well yesterday (8/5/13) they called and told me to bring it in today (8/6/13) I had to wake up early to get it in by 7:30 when the parts center opened. I then recently got a call saying the emblems never came and that they had to get them from a nearby chevrolet and have to keep the car overnight. He ALSO said that they aren't going to fix the paint chips because there are more than they normally deal with and we have to talk to the manager that we signed the contract with and then bring the car back in at another time to get it fixed.

Okay sorry for the long post but I just want to know is it wrong of me to be getting pissed?? And how should I go about the situation? Is there anything I should ask for in compensation for all this beating around the bush stuff?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #13
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Geez guys, put down the nuclear weapons until we know more....find the general manager - show him the "we owe" - see what he says - report back here....
Agreed, from OP's statement it sounds like they will get it done, just they may not be able to handle it. Go to the general manager, explain that you have this in writing and expected it to be done a month ago. You still want it done and within a reasonable timeframe. Explain that if the dealership cannot handle the request that you want them to pay for it to be done at a shop of your choosing because at time of sale you were assured it would be taken care of and have it in writing.

Make sure to be bring all documents with their approval/signature of all items to be fixed/repaired.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #14
WarMachineZL1
War Machine

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey ZL1 #00012
ALWAYS ALWAYS Get it in writing!
WarMachineZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote