Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Does everyone try to street race you in this thing???

Let me preface this thread with I DO NOT street race, and I DID NOT street race anyone in any of these encounters. I am almost 30 years old and have learned my lesson many years ago. NOR am I condoning street racing in any way. The things I did were stupid, and I even lost a really good frind because of it.

That said, EVERYBODY and their mother wants to race me on the street. So far in 3 weeks of having the car I've been challenged by:

Multiple mustangs
Ford Fairmont (primered, sounded like a top fuel car,monster slicks, lifted the front wheels)
68 Roadrunner
Charger SRT8
Mercedes CL600
Mercedes SL55 AMG
BMW M5
Tons of rice burners

Usually when these guys pull up they look over I give them a smile, say nice car, friendly wave to another enthusiast, etc. I do the same for many cars, but I've never had so many people proceed to drop the hammer once the light turns green, or after they pull up to me. I'm sure they are posting on other boards how they dusted a black with gray stripe 2010 Camaro SS on LI. Last night the SRT 8 and his buddy in the M5 were doing eveythingt hey could to egg me on. Like dude I just wanna go home leave me alone....

I just hope noone hits someone thinking they are racing me, or worse I get pulled over or blamed for Street Racing when I was doing nothing of the sort but happen to be driving a fast car next to some putz who needed to prove to be faster.

I personally don't care if they do say they beat me, don't need to prove my manhood that way, but anyone else notice this?
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
DOOD! I hear yah, I'll be driving to work in the morning and have guys in mini-vans run up, whip around me and do the vroom vroom bit, and then take off like we were a tthe tree!

I thinks it's cute.
Rikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
No one's so much as revved their engine at me yet. Maybe Jersey's just got a lot more dumb kids per square mile than Iowa?
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Lots of mustangs...

The funniest by far was a dodge ram truck with rally stripes.... What?? Does he think his car is fast because he has rally stripes? I completely dusted him.... must have been embarrassing for him to even try
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
I've gotten a lot of waves, smiles, nods, etc from many Mustangs, but no challenges yet. I personally don't care to race either... I got the car because I love it, not to prove that I'm better than anyone else. Although on the way to work today, some old lady pulled up next to me at a light, driving a Taurus I think... light turned green and she floored it, I couldn't believe it. I wasn't trying to race, but I did give it some gas a bit... up to maybe 2000-2500 RPMs or so... I got up to 50 mph pretty quickly, and she still left me in the dust, so to speak... I have no doubt that I would've owned her if I had floored it, but I just couldn't believe how fast this old lady was going, lol...
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #6
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I get alot of ricer fly bys ( POS import comes up next to you and floores it ). Alot of turbo cars hissing at me with the blow off valves.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
Fast Eddie

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Usually its just people pulling up and say nice car or whatever, had a guy in a Lexus sc400 convertible tell me "beautiful car" on the way to work today

I've had some knuckle heads come pull up next to me though. I don't like to race on the street and especially in a car with 300 miles on it.

A Vette pulled up next to me, rev until he what sounded like back fired, then egg me on for several miles, including pulling in from of me, real jerk from IA.
A motor cycle pulled up next to me on the interstate we were going 65-70 and revs a couple times and sped off. As if!
There was, I kid you not, a four door Mazda something (3 or 6 maybe), not a mazdaspeed, try to keep me from getting over on the on-ramp one night, slowing down speeding up etc, I just gave it some gas and went around him. I heard his engine about to explode it was revved so hard, as I pulled away in sixth, his poor car.
Also, had a mustang (try to) follow me on the on-ramp, I didn't realize he was following me until I was on the interstate and slowed down a bit and he was flying up behind me.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post
Lots of mustangs...

The funniest by far was a dodge ram truck with rally stripes.... What?? Does he think his car is fast because he has rally stripes? I completely dusted him.... must have been embarrassing for him to even try
You must be new... dodge trucks are the number 1 offenders bar none.
S8ER01Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #9
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
Don't get me wrong on mine, I have had a ton...a TON I tell you....of people that are jsut awesome, compliment the car, I let them hop in and check it out, takes pictures, whatever, carwash day is fun after I spray her off I dry her up front and it's like show and tell!
Rikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
You must be new... dodge trucks are the number 1 offenders bar none.
New to racing yes (unless you count bondurant grand prix racing ) New to the forums? Definitely not.

And whats up with these dodge trucks anyway?
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
SamsinSS

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS
Send a message via MSN to SamsinSS
I have had several try and get me to bite. I saw a Yellow Vette come from waaay back to catch up with me and proceed to gun it the whole while looking over at me with the stupidest look on his face. What a turd. Too many people have died down here street racing. I work with a guy who almost died because two idiots where street racing and one of the lost control and hit him. It just doesnt pay to do it out on the streets. Save that nonscense for the track...Just my 2 cents..
SamsinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
jdanza

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS VR-BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
No one's so much as revved their engine at me yet. Maybe Jersey's just got a lot more dumb kids per square mile than Iowa?
Oh, that's for sure ! lol
Old 07-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #13
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
Usually its just people pulling up and say nice car or whatever, had a guy in a Lexus sc400 convertible tell me "beautiful car" on the way to work today
That car looks like a Jell-O mold on wheels.
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
jdanza

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS VR-BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
That car looks like a Jell-O mold on wheels.
Man, that car looks like crap !