Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Current mod status.

I really haven't done anything further to my car since my "vacation".
The only thing I did was remove my black iceolator. This evened out my idle to stock-like operation. My AFR's lowered however and I am running a bit rich lol. 9.7-10.5's. My rear O2 sensors are being replaced and am loading a the 1st IPF tune Arno sent over last Dec. we'll see if that raises my AFR #'s a bit. Was hoping my car would be done yesterday but since when does anything ever go as planned? Lol.

Car is fast. Especially when compared to a NA V6 Camaro. Drove one of the NA Camaros yesterday and it seemed pretty anemic by comparison. This kit seems to shine best from about 70-135 or so. At least that's what I've been told the 1st belt we installed was defective and was replaced back in Feb. the second belt has held up well.

My AC went out last week and 600.00 later it was repaired. Extended Warranty ppl are not honoring any of my warranty because of the SC. Kinda lame but it is what it is I guess.

If you don't have the money to foot the bill on these kinds of repairs, then doing a mod like this to your car should make you pause and consider your priorities.

In Jan, I purchased an 04 RCSB Silverado and have been toying with that. When I bought it, it was pretty much stock. 4.8L 5MTwith Flowmaster weld-in with a turn down. It sounded not bad but it sure droned on the highway.

I had Maggie TVS 1900 installed with 4.1" pulley, Paceghetto ceramic coated LT's installed on Super Bowl weekend. It went from 170RWHP 150RWTQ to 317RWHP. Pretty decent gains but not as much as I was hoping for.

This last July I had an Eaton posi rear end installed along with 3.73 gears which certainly an improvement over the stock open diff and 3.41 gears.

In August I had a cam, lifters, valves, oil pump, 80mm TB, 3.4" pulley along with a Corsa rear side exit exhaust. Wow is all I could say. It sounds amazing and no drone. It's no ambassador of goodwill in the quiet category by any means but on the highway, it's almost stock quiet in the cabin.

It was about 93 degrees not sure what humidity was (it's MO in the summer so it's not dry) but on a Dynojet it made 379RWHP and 428RWTQ. A few weeks later, the weak sauce NV3800 5MT (rated at 270TQ) gave up the ghost.

I'm having RPM Transmissions build me a T56 Magnum rated to 800+TQ. I need to pull my boat to the lake with it and I want some room to grow.

It's kinda disheartening that our beloved LLT's are so hard to mod. I'm hopeful that with DI being introduced onto the LS motors, the likes of HPTuners, EFI live and others will finally give us some love.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Very nice. You have a little FI collection going on now.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I was gonna re-install my black iceolator (and Mace ported IM, are you running one of those?) tomorrow. You really think the insulator did more harm than good?

While in there I was also planning to install the one step cooler NGK's at a 0.036 gap- any opinions you've formed on plugs?

I'm also not sure why you'd need to replace the O2 sensors. I figured they were no longer participating anyway...

Otherwise, thanks for the update and great to have you back on the forum!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I was gonna re-install my black iceolator (and Mace ported IM, are you running one of those?) tomorrow. You really think the insulator did more harm than good?

While in there I was also planning to install the one step cooler NGK's at a 0.036 gap- any opinions you've formed on plugs?

I'm also not sure why you'd need to replace the O2 sensors. I figured they were no longer participating anyway...

Otherwise, thanks for the update and great to have you back on the forum!
I honestly do not think that the insulator makes a noticeable performance improvement with the IPF setup or probably any other FI setup. That's my honest opinion. I think it mainly just creates a potential fail-point more than anything. Huge improvement in drivability and no noticeable decrease in performance other than fuel economy with it running richer.

Oh yeah I do have a custom clutch that has a long take up. It's a sure fire valet jockey ego deflator. 3 stalls minimum lol. One dude finally figured out he was trying to launch in 3rd gear. It's very aggressive and clamps very hard. It's become a point of satisfaction to master the driving dynamics of it. It's the same clutch that HBMike has.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
SIXJAK

It's my understanding that my rear o2's are in the tune equation. I believe it's Trifecta that omits the rear O2's from the tune. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
80 mm TB? Where?
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Arno told me the rear o2 sensors are disabled, they can't handle the heat from the supercharger and would throw codes. I have mine pulled and am running a wideband in the hole.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #8
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Arno told me the rear o2 sensors are disabled, they can't handle the heat from the supercharger and would throw codes. I have mine pulled and am running a wideband in the hole.
that's what he told me and that's what I'm going to do with my wideband
Old 09-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Hey noob ? Whts the difference between a wideband and afr ?
Old 09-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #10
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
A wideband is the type of gauge needed to monitor afr

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
A wideband is the type of gauge needed to monitor afr
This.

The Camaro comes stock with a Narrowband, its voltage range is from 0 to 1 volts, its only used to get the magical 14.7 AFR for hippies. A wideband goes from 0 to 5 volts and can read a wider range of AFR's. I used my wideband to give information back to Arno to tune my car. Now my AFR is 11.5 all the way through the band at WOT.

The Autometer one I have can go from 8:1 AFR to 18:1 AFR.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
80 mm TB? Where?
On the Silverado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Lol That's not the info I got from Jessie back in Dec. since he's no longer with IPF, we'll prolly never know. You're probably correct on this.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #13
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Yep I'd doubt that the rear 02s are used at all. Even on the stock tune they don't cause the computer to make any adjustments...the fronts handle that. I believe the rears are for making sure your cats are doing their job, and that's it.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #14
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Jak....just curious, but have you taken any vids of the car since the SC was installed? ....or any that wouldn't be taken down from here due to "street" activities? lol