Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Wheels / Tires

Old 01-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
For sale: Rims, four- 18"

I was at a Mom 'n' Pop tire shop yesterday, a place I go to for all my work. Talking to the owner, I learned that he has a set of rims that have been there for a few months. The shop only sells tires, but some customer had come in a while back and upgraded his tire/ wheel package on his 5th gen, and had just left his other set... gave them to the shop. But, the owner is tired of them sitting there. I offered to help him sell these things, mentioning that I know a Camaro web site that is loaded with potential buyers. He likes the idea, and will split the profit with me. And, geez... how can I say no to the idea of making a couple of bucks by selling somebody ELSE'S stuff?!?

These are in excellent condition (I think they came off of a very- close- to- new Camaro). All four are 18", and include lug nuts. Please note, however, that there are no TPMSensors with these wheels. And, of course, there are no tires with this set of wheels. To your girlfriend, it would be, "Just the round metally part in the middle, not the black parts." (Oh, ladies, I'm just funnin' ya... I actually know DUDES who don't know where rim ends and tire begins, or what the difference is between a rim, a wheel, a tire, or a Fetzer valve with a rash).

Asking $400, plus shipping. That's $100 per wheel (but it goes as a set... just wanted to drive home the point of what a killer deal this is!). They are in Southern California, San Bernardino to be precise, so if you are close enough to drive, then great. If you need to have them shipped to some distant and faraway place, that'll be your tab to pick up.

(If anybody knows what this style/ model of rims is called, please pony up with the 411... Thanks!)
Attached Images

Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
Scalded Dog

Okay, the rush of takers has not produced any money in my PayPal account... howzabout we go $350, plus shipping?!?!?

BTW, I am told by a C5 poster (Thanks, Jason!) that these wheels are standard/ OEM on 2013 1LT and 2014 1LS and 1LT trim levels...
Old 01-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Post up the weight of them. Might get some people lookin for a drag setup
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #4
Trivera

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
Whats the width
Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #5
Scalded Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Post up the weight of them. Might get some people lookin for a drag setup
I'm fairly certain that they weigh about 30 lbs. each... I just shipped four wheels (which weighed in at 30 lbs. ea.), the previous year's OEM for the same model... I think these are the same metal compound (Alloy? Aluminum? Unobtanium?), apparently simply a different shape/ design. Not sure if these would provide a big weight reduction for a drag setup, but they are certainly not the heaviest wheels on the market, either.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
Scalded Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivera View Post
Whats the width
Width, I believe, is nine inches... these were mounted with the stock BFGs for the 1LT, 245/ 55R18s... on my 1LT, I've run a few different sizes, both larger and smaller, which fit fine, no issues, other than slight speedometer differences, and, of course, different preformance due to the different outer diameters.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #7
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
I'd jump on these if it were not this far away.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #8
MrScott

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS, 1992 Camaro RS
Thumbs up

Bump for you!

And a testimonial ...
The 2010-2012 1LT OEM 18" aluminum wheels I purchased last week from Ken (Scalded Dog) arrived via UPS today, right on time. They were just as described and very well packed with tons and tons of crumpled newspaper ads for packing material. He even put triangle-shaped cardboard inserts in the corners of the boxes to keep the wheels from wiggling around. Communication was good and quick (not to mention humorous ) and shipping was fast. Great guy to deal with.

Thanks, Ken! I can't wait to get the wheels on the car to replace the stock steel wheels.

And some info...
Mr. Ken, when I mentioned these 18" 10-spoke wheels are OEM standard on 2013 1LT and 2014 1LS and 1LT trim levels, I forgot to mention the 2014 2LS as well. Whoops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivera View Post
Whats the width
The 2013 Camaro brochure says that these are the 18x7.5" (same as the 5-spoke 1LT wheel was). Actual width of the complete wheel is 8.5", but bead-to-bead is 7.5".

Last edited by MrScott; 01-17-2014 at 02:58 AM.
MrScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #9
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
I'm very interested, and I'm in Los Angeles so I could pic these up in person. Will this fit a 2010 2LT? And would this mom-n-pop tire shop also be willing to mount tires on it for me?
Old 01-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #10
Scalded Dog

Thank- you very much for the props, Jason (aka MrScott)! I might add that it was certainly a pleasure doing business with you, all the way around (he did things like "throw in a little extra" to cover PayPal fees when I had not even asked for it!).

Looking forward to seeing pics of your ride with the rims from CA on there... I will confess that I take a certain pleasure in knowing that they will be rolling around Montana, a place that's near and dear to my heart.

Rtoups: PM incoming!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #11
Scalded Dog

Top o' the morning, top o' the list...
Old 01-26-2014, 09:27 AM   #12
Scalded Dog

Things that go "bump" in the morning...