Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
Thumbs down JDP Halo Led Kit / No Spare Parts

So I buy the JDP Halo led kit a few weeks ago Brand New in the Box from another member for a ridiculously low price. Then I look on JDP's website for instructions and notice that JDP Halo kit is now Discontinued! I am like great now what happens if i need replacement parts such as Leds or more importantly a New Remote. These remotes are so cheap iam sure they wear out or break.

So i email JDP and ask if i can buy a spare remote just incase this one down the line breaks or gets lost. I know the kit has a lifetime warranty but i offered to PAY for the remote.

Guess what your basically sh*t out of luck if you need a new replacement remote i was told in an Email from JDP Taylor unless i am willing to buy a new Board and Remote as they are not sold seperately. Plus the new stuff hasnt been released. You have to be kidding my right? So all the customers with these lifetime warrantys on the kit cant get replacement parts? Such as a basic remote?

I spent atleast $600-$700 on other stuff from JDP since i owned the Camaro and this is the last dime i send there way.

Thumbs down for JDP............
Old 08-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Lots of misinformation here, please let me clear a few things up.

Our halo kit has not been discontinued, we have the kit temporarily disabled from our site until we figure out a few things, but it will be available again soon.

All warranties are still and place and there are no plans to change that. As far as repair for a second owner, we'll still repair a kit fixed for you at a cost, but the warranty only applies to the original purchaser.

The newer remotes are not available as an individual separate item as they come married to the newer boards and will not work with the old boards, so older kits will need an update in the event of a remote failure; which is very uncommon.. All of which would be taken care of under warranty as long as you are the original purchaser and the failure was not a result of misuse.

If you ever have issues with your kit, give us a call and we can get you taken care of. Please let me know if you have any questions and have a great day.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 08-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
mycamaro2011

It always seems like you guys over there always say its all misinformation from the buyer.

I emailed asking to buy replacement parts incase the leds or remote break because i saw back in july right after i purchased this kit that your website was no longer selling them. Discontinued or Temporarly suspended what ever you want to call it. Fact is, You stop selling the kit now for over a month!

I would like to know what Company doesnt stock spare remotes for units they sold to customers? Ya who knows my remote might never fail but i would rather buy a spare just incase.

Plus you keep mentioning well if it breaks lifetime warranty to replace with a newer board and remote. Thats all fine and dandy but as a business dont you realize how labor intensive it is ripping off the front end to remove the control to send it back to you for a new remote if it breaks? plus if it your daily driver plan to remove and install 4 times. Sounds good Tyler!

i only bought this kit brand new for real cheap and got it with night owl drls. The Night Owl DRL's with their $5 ir remote are Unbelievable compared to the JDP halo's

So def let me know when the new boards and remote come in so i can tear apart my front end 4 times to upgrade.
thanx
Old 08-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Subscribed. ---->True story.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
URBAN LEGEND

Not sure how it's JDPs fault that you bought used. Regardless of suspended, discontinued, etc.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #6
mycamaro2011

Re read bought Brand New in the box.

How can you say not sure hows it jdp fault if i need a new remote? So if i was the original purchaser of the kit and the remote sh*t the bed i wouldnt still be able to get a remote because they no longer carry it. Or i need to remove and reinstall the entire front end so i can get a new remote and board. lol

How many people misplace or sit on remotes and break them? I was just trying to be proactive and buy a spare. Not to mention what company doesnt put aside spare parts for customers to buy?
Old 08-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #7
URBAN LEGEND

Come back to reality. You are out there in District 9.

Closed Thread