Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #1
Crowmag

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS L99
Reduced engine power

I was making my first turn to come home today and bam no power for you. The "engine power is reduced" appeared on the DIC and the traction control icons lit up. I only gave it half throttle. Kind of dangerous in the middle of a turn but no one was coming towards me fortunately. I pulled over and restarted the car, the engine seemed back to normal but the check engine light stayed on. I'm dropping it off tomorrow for the dealer to check out. I've read of this happening in colder snowy climates during traction issues but it's pretty dry and warm here so who knows.
Crowmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
let me see, V6, uhm...uhm..that can't be it! Moving on, most likely a sensor, connection, battery issue, but what do I know By the way, "GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CAR'!!!
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
Ouch, sucks to hear. Well keep us posted.
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #4
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
You need to get the CEL code. Advance auto will read it for free by me, but I have my own code reader. It is a good investment.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
wingnutt
Wingnutt

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro SS/w RS package
I had that code twice, Once last winter and again this winter. It was a sensor I think for the gas pedal or something along that line but it was under warranty .
wingnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:53 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowmag View Post
I was making my first turn to come home today and bam no power for you. The "engine power is reduced" appeared on the DIC and the traction control icons lit up. I only gave it half throttle. Kind of dangerous in the middle of a turn but no one was coming towards me fortunately. I pulled over and restarted the car, the engine seemed back to normal but the check engine light stayed on. I'm dropping it off tomorrow for the dealer to check out. I've read of this happening in colder snowy climates during traction issues but it's pretty dry and warm here so who knows.
Crowmag,

Thanks for your post. My apologies regarding the service alert messages that you experienced today. Although I understand your displeasure, it's great that you've proactively reached out to your dealer for an official diagnosis. Keep us in the loop and updated on your service visit. If necessary, I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if you have additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
Crowmag

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS L99
Got the car back from the dealer. Code P2138. They replaced Accelerator Pedal Assembly. So I assume I'm all set.
Crowmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:44 PM   #8
Mortious
Ammo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3 M6)
Quote:
Got the car back from the dealer. Code P2138. They replaced Accelerator Pedal Assembly. So I assume I'm all set.
Thats exactly what happened to mine, since I was out of warranty paid 70 bucks for the part, took like 5 min to replace, no more code.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Crowmag,

Thanks for your update! It's great to hear that the dealer addressed your concerns and now service is complete. Moving forward, please let us know how the vehicle operates and don't hesitate to message us if any additional questions arise.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:32 AM   #10
bionick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
This happened to me when I had a v6.
After it happened it drove normal shortly after and after a few drive cycles the CEL cleared.
Took it to dealer and they had to do a reset or something on ECU. Apparently it was some kind of glitch
Old 03-15-2015, 10:37 AM   #11
Chingón

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The problem you report is unfortunately unsolvable. My 2010 Camaro began showing that code along with the "limp mode" behavior after the first months of purchase, I bought it new. Mechanics have tried to fix it at least ten times in various ways, including even replacing its on-board computer, all to no avail.

To live with this problem which crops up once or twice per week, I stop the engine, attach a scanner (Diablo) and erase the trouble codes; after which the engine is back to running like a champ until the next time.
Chingón is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:57 AM   #12
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingón View Post
The problem you report is unfortunately unsolvable. My 2010 Camaro began showing that code along with the "limp mode" behavior after the first months of purchase, I bought it new. Mechanics have tried to fix it at least ten times in various ways, including even replacing its on-board computer, all to no avail.

To live with this problem which crops up once or twice per week, I stop the engine, attach a scanner (Diablo) and erase the trouble codes; after which the engine is back to running like a champ until the next time.
It sounds like they diagnosed and resolved his problem. Start your own thread if you need to vent about your ongoing issues.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:45 PM   #13
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingón View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
It sounds like they diagnosed and resolved his problem. Start your own thread if you need to vent about your ongoing issues.
Dang kind of hard on the guy aren't you , And from what he wrote it does not sound like they resolved the problem ,
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #14
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Dang kind of hard on the guy aren't you , And from what he wrote it does not sound like they resolved the problem ,
Stoopid may have the Bigheaded syndrome , for some it's barely noticeable , while for others it's a huge problem
Attached Images

oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote