Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Black,NPP, RS, Tints
trade in?

So i have been on this site for a little over two years. I started out before i got my camaro. However, i have been flirting the idea of trading or selling my camaro lately. As sad as it seems to part ways with my dream beauty car i was contemplating doing this so i can downsize from two vehicles to one. I am also interested in getting a awd/4wd vehicle and that is why i was flirting with the idea of selling both my vehicles.

I currently own a 2014 Black Chevy Camaro 1LT, with 19,900 miles on it. RS package, Automatic trans, Tinted windows.

And a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4wd, 200,000 miles, heated seats, sunroof, tow package.

Being that i am 24, it sucks paying for both insurances and having two cars especially during winter when the baby camaro has to sit in the garage. I know that i could also take the camaro off insurance so i dont have to pay while the weather is bad.

I guess what i am looking for is any help or opinions on what i should do? And if i should trade in what should i get.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
SLASS

Drives: 2015 SS
Check kbb for your trade in value. You may or may not get what kbb says. Find your trade values, see what your new car dealer is offering. End of month and year is always a good time to bargain on the new vehicles. With all of the economic facts known it's decision time. It's your life, your money so decide what your priorities/desires are, make a decision and don't look back.
SLASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
OmarSS

Drives: 2019 CMGM 1LZ Z06, R.I.P 2014 SIM 1
Get a subaru wrx sti you wont look back! Or an EVO both amazing cars that have earned their respect!
OmarSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:24 PM   #4
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
get a 6.2l Silverado 4wd.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 05:52 AM   #5
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
I know it probably boils down to money (because it always does) but IMO you have the ideal situation right now. You have a second vehicle for winter and can store your Camaro. Unless the financial situation is overwhelming, I wouldn't change a thing.

As for swapping 2 vehicles for one, you don't mention what you would want instead. Sure, you would save on insurance, but you'd still have a payment. When it comes to the bottom line, are you really coming out ahead very much?
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 06:06 AM   #6
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post
I know it probably boils down to money (because it always does) but IMO you have the ideal situation right now. You have a second vehicle for winter and can store your Camaro. Unless the financial situation is overwhelming, I wouldn't change a thing.

As for swapping 2 vehicles for one, you don't mention what you would want instead. Sure, you would save on insurance, but you'd still have a payment. When it comes to the bottom line, are you really coming out ahead very much?
+1 , I definitely echo his statements.

You stated that you know you can suspend your insurance on the camaro during the winter, well why not do that? And maybe even suspend the insurance on the jeep during the summer, unless you use it. I used to do this with an old project car of mine, I would call and have it 'placed into storage', and i would save about 95% of my payment while maintaining minimum insurance should i ever NEED to use it in an emergency.

Honestly, I'm completely in love with my 2015 1LS, and can't imagine trading it (until the Z28 prices come down, maybe.....) but I 've only had it for about a month, and can enjoy it year-round as I'm in the Southwest.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 06:44 AM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Being that your on the east coast which has had a record heat through winter so far if your not driving it your nuts...... Its v-6 drive the wheels off it because the Cherokees about due for a major money infusion..... trade that turkey off and buy some winter/snow tires...... What ever you get pales in comparison a lot to what you paid usually and fighting for high KBB is what you have to do if you do trade.... then you have the new payment...so its not necessarily going to lower for a long time you financial liability only increase it. Me I will just drive my 428 stroker til the wheels fall off here in rainy old Oregon.........
Old 12-25-2015, 07:50 AM   #8
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Just do what is practical and affordable for your situation at this time. You're 24... there is plenty of time for you to own various "toys" in the coming years. Right now, you need to do what will help you get to that point in the future. Most of all - do NOT bury yourself in debt just to "keep up with the Jones" (or your buddies). Merry Christmas.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:26 AM   #9
CurtiSSWatson

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post

Set your insurance up to reflect that you drive low miles per year for both vehicles (5000mi for the jeep/2500 for the Camaro) unless you have a long daily commute. And for the winter months, call your insurance company and say that the car is stored and not being driven, it will lower your premium dramatically.
CurtiSSWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #10
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Thank you to everybody for all the information. I am not really going crazy about money, was just always a pain having two spots taken up cause of two vehicles. And wanted to downsize.

It is warm in NJ which is surprising so i have been driving my camaro like crazy lately (thank you weather gods)

I was interested in getting a newer Jeep or Truck if i did decide to trade it in.

Money is not my issue due too i will always work no matter the situation. Wanting two cars is my issue, haha i dont like having two to worry about. I am still deciding. I may go test drive vehicles this week and see what id like. Maybe it will stay warm out all year and ill decide to keep my vehicle.

Thanks guys/girls (happy holidays, merry xmas)
Old 12-25-2015, 02:13 PM   #11
mikedog_66
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Yes, having two vehicles to worry about can be a pain. I got myself stuck into taking care of my old daily driver so good that it became sort of like a show vehicle. I was always afraid of driving it around in fear of getting rock chips on the freeway, parking lot dents or something happening to it on the road like an accident or something.

I think for me, I need one nice vehicle and one junky vehicle that I don't have to care about. A lot of people don't understand that logic though.
mikedog_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #12
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Keep all and buy a 6th gen ! Bills dont matter just work harder , Just kidding ,,,, If you only need 1 ride then sell one , The extra money is always a good thing
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 05:43 PM   #13
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

it be so awesome if the 6 gens came in awd, then i definetly would trade in all and buy that instead haha
Old 12-26-2015, 05:03 PM   #14
OmarSS

Drives: 2019 CMGM 1LZ Z06, R.I.P 2014 SIM 1
Or wait till 017 comes out and buy yourself that SRT Jeep GC Hellcat AWD! Best of both worlds for your needs...
OmarSS is offline   Reply With Quote