Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-20-2016, 08:22 PM   #1
Fishinfirefighter

Drives: Zl1
Hey guys!

New here. Lurked over the years since I bought my zl1 in 2014 but I recently moved from socal to Fort worth TX so I figured I'd make an account since I'll be able to LEGALLY have the privilege of modifying my OWN car here in freedom land hahaa.
I'm going to the strip for only the second time since I bought the car tonight to get some base numbers before I drop nearly $6k over the next few weeks for comparison. I'm so pumped to be out here it's not even funny, the car scene was a MAJOR bonus I didn't expect it at all. It's like all the fast cars I don't see in socal anymore found they're way here years ago.
Anyway, I'll be annoying the crap out of you guys in the coming weeks with questions surely. I'll post my best time tonight after I get it. With no drag experience and Michelin PSS 2s I'm sure the number will be horrible but you gotta start somewhere so please don't judge lol.
Fishinfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:01 PM   #2
zeeb

Drives: 2014 ZL1, AGM, M6
Welcome....I also went to the track for the first time recently. Looking forward to seeing your times
zeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:30 AM   #3
Fishinfirefighter

Well, the guys I had intended on going with didn't go..unfortunately I didn't make it. I Didn't feel like the only guy in Texas with Cali plates that didn't know how to drag race his zl1 lmfao. Hoping to make it out before I drop these mods in. No worries either way I'll be at the strip a ton this summer.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:35 AM   #4
Fishinfirefighter

On another note.. The small bit of research I've done said I can drop a btr3 cam in with a m6 and not grenade my tranny. How you guys feel about that?
And yeah, I get it if you've read my first 2 posts...."this guys crazy he hasn't even had track time, a btr3??!!" Rest assured I know speed and just sold a sandrail I used to drag race in the dunes that would MOP up most cars on the street in an eighth so don't assume I'm some random knucklehead with a hole in my pocket, I've just not had much Street time but I don't see having a huge transition time hopefully and I'd like to get the most out of these mods I can rather than doing the little bit now then REdoing things to get the best later. I want it all jow., I'll learn the power I'm pretty safe.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:38 AM   #5
mdntmank

Drives: ADM TUNED AND BUILT
btr 3 and manual

Btr 3 and manual no problems here what so ever...
mdntmank is offline   Reply With Quote