Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-26-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
GreenAppleLS3

Drives: Synergy Green SS Camaro 6 speed
P-1SC-1 Questions

Anyone have any numbers on this kit @7psi with a blower Cam on E85. a friend of mine bought one of these kits and his car is otherwise stock besides the Procharger, and the car is terribly slow. He ordered Long tubes and a Fuel system big enough to run E85 with his kit. But neither of us were sure on what a Good Blower cam is for the Power his kit will make.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
What do his dyno numbers look like?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:55 AM   #3
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Can always sell the P1SC and put a D1SC on just swapping head units
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:56 AM   #4
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
It depends, if you were smart I would go and have a cam custom designed by Brian tooley or a local guy that builds engines. I had our go to guy spec me out a cam and I'm waiting to put it in. There are a ton of other factors, is he auto or manual? Has he had it tuned? Has he had it on the dyno? I have a p1sc and with nothing more than a cat back exhaust and the super charger system (through a stock auto) it made 480 whp. After header install I went with a lower pulley to make up for the lost 3lbs of boost just from headers and I could tell the difference just even though it was just some street pulls. Fast forward to march of this year swapped out to a 4l80 with 3400 triple disk stall built, built diff with 3:91 gears, e85 conversion, have the same everything else engine wise. Car on the dyno only made 478whp but I picked up .6 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Once I swap the cam I'll get dyno numbers to see what exact point I'm at on the boost I make, after that I'll max out this p1 before sending the head unit to Procharger for it to be rebuilt as a d1. Sorry for rambling on but I was trying to get to the point that with most boost cars boost is the determining factor and if he's just got their sct tune then it won't be very impressive since I've been there not to long ago. If you can give us any more info on his car I would be more than happy to help out.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:04 AM   #5
GreenAppleLS3

Drives: Synergy Green SS Camaro 6 speed
It has the sct tune on it. Never been on a dyno and it is a automatic
Old 06-29-2016, 09:59 AM   #6
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAppleLS3 View Post
It has the sct tune on it. Never been on a dyno and it is a automatic
An out of the box ProCharger tune is for a bone stock car. Header or exhaust will throw it off. A cam throws it WAY off. Tell your buddy he needs a custom tune.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #7
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Probably mid 500whp range. It's on E85 so if it feels slow just change pulleys and get it dyno tuned.

Last edited by CyberPredator; 06-29-2016 at 06:50 PM.
CyberPredator is offline   Reply With Quote