Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #1
Gayton81

Drives: 2012 2SSRS
Guys who don't have a clue

Ok so I was sitting at the NASA semi-annual car show on Redstone arsenal today and of course they parked me beside a Hellcat Charger...why do these guys buy this and bring to shows when they don't have a clue about the car?!!!! Muscle heads such as myself and plenty of others would ask questions and we all got the deer in the headlights look: and most of it was simple questions..."what did you Dyno"? "What PSI is you supercharger?" "Are these VVT?" And so forth...the guy couldn't answer a single one except when an older lady aske "do you race it?" And he shook his head yeah and said "a lot"....what posers! Anyways here's a few pics...mine was the only Gen5 Camaro....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
If someone asked me "what psi is my supercharger" I would shake my head and walk away.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Is it electric? It's a Charger?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
There are Camaro Owners here that don't know much about their cars, so I wouldn't expect some general schmoe with money to know much about his Hellcat!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:26 PM   #5
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
im a camaro noob,but i know what size the engine is,what horsepower it puts out,car weight,etc.i never race (on the track) and havent modded my car yet so im guessing you wouldnt be impressed sitting next to me either.it does seem strange how many high end cars end up being owned by posers though...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:34 PM   #6
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
My signature still has one of the best lines I've ever heard about a Hellcat. lol
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:54 PM   #7
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
It always amazes me what people will consider a "car guy" to be. It is painful to hear some of these "car guys" talk, they really just don't have the first clue on what they are driving. I wouldn't expect folks to know all the nitty-gritty details that interest me, but you should have a pretty decent sense of some of the obvious things.

We recently had a thread on here where one of these "Car Guys" was trying to convince me that he had test driving a Camaro with a V4 engine. When I questioned him on it he just could not even understand the difference between an inline and a v4. If you don't know that, I am pulling your "car guy" card.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:54 PM   #8
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
There are Camaro Owners here that don't know much about their cars, so I wouldn't expect some general schmoe with money to know much about his Hellcat!

BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:42 PM   #9
RaceFuel

Drives: A boring sedan
Eh...just roll with it.

I came across a guy at a car show that had a "Marine Corps limited edition" LTX "Camero" with a LS3 V6 putting out 420HP...true story!

I'll see if I can find the pic sometime....

Found it!

https://imgur.com/zXkJI9b

Last edited by RaceFuel; 09-14-2016 at 06:56 PM.
RaceFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:49 PM   #10
Gayton81

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
My signature still has one of the best lines I've ever heard about a Hellcat. lol

Lol true "dat"!

Old 09-14-2016, 07:54 PM   #11
Gayton81

Guys who don't have a clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFuel View Post
Eh...just roll with it.

I came across a guy at a car show that had a "Marine Corps limited edition" LTX "Camero" with a LS3 V6 putting out 420HP...true story!

I'll see if I can find the pic sometime....

Found it!

https://imgur.com/zXkJI9b

That is some funny sh!t right there!!!! All I can say is "some peoples kids!" But he was claiming "450" ho not only 420 HP!!!!

Old 09-14-2016, 08:16 PM   #12
Quicksilver-SS

Drives: 2014 1SS / RS M6
I was at a car show where some dude bought one of Geoff Bodines street rods. Blown Chevy small block... I asked him what kind of boost he was running and he pointed to the fuel pressure gauge, and said..' It normally runs about right here".... lol...I just walked away...SMH.
Quicksilver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:29 AM   #13
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayton81 View Post
Ok so I was sitting at the NASA semi-annual car show on Redstone arsenal today and of course they parked me beside a Hellcat Charger...why do these guys buy this and bring to shows when they don't have a clue about the car?!!!! Muscle heads such as myself and plenty of others would ask questions and we all got the deer in the headlights look: and most of it was simple questions..."what did you Dyno"? "What PSI is you supercharger?" "Are these VVT?" And so forth...the guy couldn't answer a single one except when an older lady aske "do you race it?" And he shook his head yeah and said "a lot"....what posers!...
I can't answer those questions. Should I not take my Camaro to a car show? Am I a poser for owning a Camaro?

He's there to proudly show his car. Why make him feel bad for it?

Old 09-15-2016, 01:36 AM   #14
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
If someone asked me "what psi is my supercharger" I would shake my head and walk away.