Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 01-31-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
naztynate068

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Brake pad maintenance

Just wondering if anyone has some quick insight into how often the brake pads need to be changed. Feel free to yell at me if it's right in the manual -- I haven't looked yet. I'm just on the stock pads right now, a little over 9000 miles on the car. The brakes are starting to squeak a bit, which is why I ask. Also looking for some suggestions on what to change them to.. I don't have any plans to take it to the track in the near future, but I would like to potentially this summer. But just worried about normal street driving for now. Seen a few recommendations for pads that create less brake dust.

Thanks.
naztynate068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
one R

Drives: 2017 1ss
with you having the manual trans if your pretty good about your down shifting and not typically a hard brake user im going to guess 40k plus miles . brake life is completely driver influenced. Iive seen similar weight stick shift cars with smaller brakes go well over 60k and still look good
one R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
MSMYYC
@maplefed

Drives: 16' MBM 2SS,
Entirely dependent on driving style. Try rebedding the pads to see if squeaking goes away. Generally if it is on the wear indicators you will be able to tell that kind of squeak opposed to other reasons for squeak. Mine squeak occasionally but it's not enough for me to complain coming from HPS + pads on my last set of brembos.

Last edited by MSMYYC; 02-01-2017 at 12:45 AM.
MSMYYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:15 PM   #4
Camaroguy555

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2016 1SS NPP 6MT MRC
Our pads have a "squealler" so when they are to about 3mm remaining they contact the rotor to notify you for replacement. You can see how much life you have left by peeking behind the wheel at the pad.
Camaroguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #5
mbar

Drives: 2016 1SS
With the Brembo you can actually see how much pad is left. I would replace it around 3-4mm for a daily driver.

Tags
brake, brake pads, maintenance