Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
Garrett52

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
What has Chevy done to compensate you

My 2SS had the horrible mosaic black paint issue and I finally caved and allowed them to paint it. After many issues and them having the car for 100 days I am finally somewhat okay with it. Most of the paint looks better then original, but there are still problems. At this point I just want them to give me the prorated payments they already told me they would and to compensate me for the parts($1700)/issues remaining. I know their cost is less than the cost of the parts, but this would be me letting other problems go and them getting out of labor cost.

Yesterday they called and told me they were only going to give me 2 months worth of payments!

What have you received from them after your problems??
Garrett52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
6 weeks of no Mylink. I got a free set of the dark tailights from the performance catalog.

2 months of car payments is probably the best you're going to do. I'd take it and go.
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
On my last go-around with GM customer service, I received a lot of lip service and a pisspoor offer to buy the vehicle back.
"District Customer Service Manager" on the phone I was dealing with probably rides a bicycle or bus to work.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #4
Garrett52

Issue remaining:

-Masking lines that polish out, but take forever to get "mostly" off
-Someone decided to paint a red car next to mine and get light overspray all over it. It polishes out though
-Other areas that are dull and still need polishing
-The light on the inside of the passenger door is scratched from them removing it ($975 msrp)
-The window switch cover as well ($?)
-The hood insulation is messed up (~$275 msrp)
-Orange peel is pretty bad in areas, although the paint looks much better overall, deeper
-Chip on the back of the hood from them hitting the windshield wiper during install
-Driver door edge has a rough masking line that will not polish out
-Small area with pitting on a-pillar
-One of the rear sensors is chipped ($200 msrp)
-the trunk liner is kinda messed up from them removing it ($117 msrp)
-about 7 hours of idle time and 20 miles on the car (brought it in for rear end noise as well)
-about 13 trips to the dealership to talk to them about the vehicle or "pickup" the car just to show up and find more issues than when I left it a month earlier.. (ie. dents they ended up having to fix and repaint, and scratches/chips another time) this involved leaving work early or going in late and about 10 miles each trip.
-Also I've been dealing with this damn car for about 9 months..
Old 03-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #5
stook2001

Drives: 99 M3, 04 STi, 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett52 View Post
Issue remaining:

-about 7 hours of idle time and 20 miles on the car (brought it in for rear end noise as well)
emphasis mine.... 7 hours of idle time????? what's that all about?
stook2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:14 PM   #6
Garrett52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stook2001 View Post
emphasis mine.... 7 hours of idle time????? what's that all about?
Will Do! I'm waiting for them to call me back right now
Old 03-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #7
Mr. Texas

Drives: 2016 Mosiac Black 2SS A8
Quote:
My 2SS had the horrible mosaic black paint issue and I finally caved and allowed them to paint it. After many issues and them having the car for 100 days I am finally somewhat okay with it. Most of the paint looks better then original, but there are still problems. At this point I just want them to give me the prorated payments they already told me they would and to compensate me for the parts($1700)/issues remaining. I know their cost is less than the cost of the parts, but this would be me letting other problems go and them getting out of labor cost.

Yesterday they called and told me they were only going to give me 2 months worth of payments!

What have you received from them after your problems??
I'm surprised you got that from them. Like you I have serious paint issues. First my original dealer dismissed them. I then took it to another dealer and the service manager saw my problem and said he would try to get a buy back done. A few days later he goes back on what he said and says my car is normal. I blame that on GMs district manager who hides behind the service managers. I have asked to talk to this guy multiple times to show him my car in person but he is a coward and will never get in contact with me.

I love my car except for the paint. I'm not sure I will ever buy another GM product based on how they treated me. I'm not asking for a lot. I have a black car that you see primer on the fenders.
Mr. Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:26 PM   #8
stook2001

Drives: 99 M3, 04 STi, 16 2SS
Quote:
Will Do! I'm waiting for them to call me back right now
hey, as a side note, how did you even figure that out? Is this tied into onstar or something?
stook2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:57 PM   #9
Garrett52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texas View Post
I'm surprised you got that from them. Like you I have serious paint issues. First my original dealer dismissed them. I then took it to another dealer and the service manager saw my problem and said he would try to get a buy back done. A few days later he goes back on what he said and says my car is normal. I blame that on GMs district manager who hides behind the service managers. I have asked to talk to this guy multiple times to show him my car in person but he is a coward and will never get in contact with me.

I love my car except for the paint. I'm not sure I will ever buy another GM product based on how they treated me. I'm not asking for a lot. I have a black car that you see primer on the fenders.
Exactly how I feel after 9 o so months of this. Love the car, hate Chevrolet, and the paint
Old 03-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #10
Garrett52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stook2001 View Post
hey, as a side note, how did you even figure that out? Is this tied into onstar or something?
Its listed on the display along with mileage, fuel used, etc.

I took photos of everything including the tires and all the display info
Old 03-01-2017, 06:03 PM   #11
Garrett52

Just got off the phone with the California Customer Engagement Manager that treated me like crap and basically said to bad unless I can show proof that the car was there longer than their incorrect paperwork is showing. Should be able to do that, but this is extremely frustrating!
Old 03-06-2017, 10:13 PM   #12
BlueCamaro6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
Besides not being able to repair the vehicle, GM doesn't want to compensate me at all so I'll go down the lemon law road. Could always sue under the Moss-Warranty Act also if needed.

Glad I didn't buy a new GMC Denali truck I was looking at months ago. Salesman was a little upset when I told him no go due to GM customer service treatment on my Camaro.

2016 2SS, A8, NAV, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Hyperblue (GM buyback)

1999 Trans Am Firehawk, M6, headers, no-cats, slp exhaust, hot cam, intake, 3:73 gears. Red/Blk
BlueCamaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:35 AM   #13
Mr. Texas

Drives: 2016 Mosiac Black 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCamaro6 View Post
Besides not being able to repair the vehicle, GM doesn't want to compensate me at all so I'll go down the lemon law road. Could always sue under the Moss-Warranty Act also if needed.

Glad I didn't buy a new GMC Denali truck I was looking at months ago. Salesman was a little upset when I told him no go due to GM customer service treatment on my Camaro.
I was looking at getting my wife a Tahoe with our first child on the way, but for the exact same reason I'm looking at other options.
Mr. Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:38 AM   #14
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Where is that good ol' Chevy Customer Service rep when you need them! Funny they come on the forums saying they can add a layer of support then hear all the BS going on and don't even come say a word in the threads now....
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote