Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Wheels / Tires

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-04-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
FS: OEM matte black 5th gen ZL1 5-spoke Wheels, MPSS tires, TPMS, and center caps

Selling my ZL1 5-spokes. Bought them a while ago from a user here on C5 who bought them from the original owner. Wheels come with fresh Michellin Pilot Super Sports (under 1500 miles). Fronts are standard MPSS 285/35/r20s while the rears are K2 ferrari-spec 315/35/r20s, both have tons of tread left. They were 10/32nds when I got them, and at worst they're down to 8/32 but I haven't had a chance to hoon around in them so I doubt they're that worn. No patches, and last I checked, no nails either.

Some minor scratches and a little curb rash on the driver side wheels as noted in the pictures. The wheels are still on the car which is currently in the shop for a transmission repair. As soon as that's out, I'll be able to get them off but I'm posting them now since I figure it'll take a while to move them.

Asking $2500 for the whole set. Currently located in Whittier, but will need to move these to either Studio City or San Bernardino in a few weeks. Looking for a local sale for now. Can also throw in the remote to reprogram the TPMSs since I won't need it.

Link to pictures: http://imgur.com/a/jkP1g
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
_MerF_

Drives: 2017 1LT A8 (SIM)
Man, this scares me. If well-used factory wheels are $2500, how much are a set of aftermarket wheels for a 6th gen??

2017 1LT (A8): 30% tint - Tinted taillights - Blackened bowties - Muffler delete
_MerF_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MerF_ View Post
Man, this scares me. If well-used factory wheels are $2500, how much are a set of aftermarket wheels for a 6th gen??
Depends. Aftermarket can probably be had for about $250 a corner and another $600-$700 for tires. The trade-off being OEM wheels are forged and most aftermarket ones are cast, with the cheaper ones being gravity cast as opposed to pressure cast. In either case, cast wheels aren't as strong and are more likely to crack or break when you hit a bump or pothole. These wheels are also designed to be lightweight and support wider tires. And generally, the 5-spokes are rarer than the 10-spokes of the generation and usually pull a slightly higher premium.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #4
_MerF_

Drives: 2017 1LT A8 (SIM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Camaro View Post
Depends. Aftermarket can probably be had for about $250 a corner and another $600-$700 for tires. The trade-off being OEM wheels are forged and most aftermarket ones are cast, with the cheaper ones being gravity cast as opposed to pressure cast. In either case, cast wheels aren't as strong and are more likely to crack or break when you hit a bump or pothole. These wheels are also designed to be lightweight and support wider tires. And generally, the 5-spokes are rarer than the 10-spokes of the generation and usually pull a slightly higher premium.
Thanks for the explanation! Good luck on your sale.

2017 1LT (A8): 30% tint - Tinted taillights - Blackened bowties - Muffler delete
_MerF_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:30 AM   #5
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
If I remember, brand new 5th gen ZL1 take offs back in 5th gen days were going for 2500 - 3k. These have some miles on them....Good luck with sale.....
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote