Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-06-2018, 09:35 AM   #1
nbostaph

Drives: Yellow 2014 2SS Convertible
How do I remove the X1 harness from the factory BA amp?

I have a 2014 Camaro 2SS with the BA sound system. I'm trying to use the ******** FARK harness to put my own amps, and as part of the process am removing the factory BA amp.

The X2 and X3 harnesses were easy to remove; each had a clip on top that when depressed unlocked the harness so I could pull it out. The X1 harness has what looks like a more complicated clip (I see red and white). Depressing it does not appear to unlock the harness. I've grabbed it with a set of pliers and pulled as hard as I dare without risking damage, but since it's seated I can't get a grip on the harness itself and have to apply force via the wires.

Is there something special I need to do to release this harness? I ran into a few harnesses in the door panels that worked in strange ways too, and I can't seem to find any technical information from GM on this stuff. In a worst case scenario could I safely clip these wires and cap them? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
nbostaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Should just be the big clip.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
nbostaph

Thanks. I managed to get it out with a very large pair of pliers and a lot of force. I think the plug part of the harness is toast now, but I should hopefully never need it again. At least the amp connector seems okay.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:38 PM   #4
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbostaph View Post
Thanks. I managed to get it out with a very large pair of pliers and a lot of force. I think the plug part of the harness is toast now, but I should hopefully never need it again. At least the amp connector seems okay.
That connector is actually very easy to remove with very little force. Shouldn't of had to use pliers or break it. When I was back there tapping the wires to add an aftermarket sub amp, I used my fingers to unplug it.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:02 AM   #5
nbostaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
That connector is actually very easy to remove with very little force. Shouldn't of had to use pliers or break it. When I was back there tapping the wires to add an aftermarket sub amp, I used my fingers to unplug it.
Yeah, I think something was wrong with mine. I started at X3 and got X3 and X2 out with my fingers without a problem. I expected X1 to slide right out too. What followed was 30 minutes of aggravation...