Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-17-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Question for the Procharger D1SC/P1SC people

Can any of you post up a picture of the tensioner so I can see where your marks are at and of the brass jackscrew as well?

I have the 4.25" pulley and really think I am seeing some belt slip. I am running the Gates K080645RPM series belt which is the best belt Gates makes specifically made for supercharger use.

I want to see for a comparison where some of the rest of you are at on your belt tension.

Thanks in advance... Todd

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
The 4.25" pulley is massive and would have no slip issues at all.

Just turn that screw down, and really put some shove in that tensioner.

Also, if you are on FB join the "ProCharger Tech Group" as well.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
TJay74

OK, thanks. I am on one of the Procharger groups on there and have also spoke with you all as well. Several people have said it shouldnt have any belt slip issues but it does on my car.

The shop originally set the tensioner on the 1st mark on the adjuster, it was slipping on the drive home from Dallas to OKC if I tried to get on it hard from 4th to 5th. Then when home it was way bad with slip once the clutch was out in 1st. It has gotten better with the better belts and more tension, just wasnt sure how much further I can push the tensioner without causing issues.

As it is now, I am about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way between the 1st and 2nd mark on the tensioner now with the RPM series belt.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
Old 09-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
ProCharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
OK, thanks. I am on one of the Procharger groups on there and have also spoke with you all as well. Several people have said it shouldnt have any belt slip issues but it does on my car.

The shop originally set the tensioner on the 1st mark on the adjuster, it was slipping on the drive home from Dallas to OKC if I tried to get on it hard from 4th to 5th. Then when home it was way bad with slip once the clutch was out in 1st. It has gotten better with the better belts and more tension, just wasnt sure how much further I can push the tensioner without causing issues.

As it is now, I am about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way between the 1st and 2nd mark on the tensioner now with the RPM series belt.
If you have slip, its not tensioned correctly.

Guys use that tensioner system to set the Camaro current record. (and the next 5 fastest)

Forget the marks, just watch the tensioner rotating with your eyes, and when you see both halfs rotate at the same time, that is bottomed out. (fully locked down).... I would personally back it off from that point, cause thats way way way to much tension, but at least you will know where the bottom is.

If you have anymore questions just drop a line to 913-338-2886 and we can walk you through it.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:49 PM   #5
TJay74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
If you have slip, its not tensioned correctly.

Guys use that tensioner system to set the Camaro current record. (and the next 5 fastest)

Forget the marks, just watch the tensioner rotating with your eyes, and when you see both halfs rotate at the same time, that is bottomed out. (fully locked down).... I would personally back it off from that point, cause thats way way way to much tension, but at least you will know where the bottom is.

If you have anymore questions just drop a line to 913-338-2886 and we can walk you through it.

What "both halfs" are you referencing?

Old 09-21-2018, 12:04 AM   #6
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
The base of the tensioner and the actual pivot with the pulley
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #7
ProCharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
What "both halfs" are you referencing?
The tensioner is two parts, a base and an arm.
When you rotate it, you are moving the arm...
Once the arm bottoms the spring out, you will notice the base rotate as well.

Guys that make big power like 1000+ keep rotating to really load the heck out of the belt. However you shouldn't need that much.

So thus I never bottom them out on cars with your power level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
The base of the tensioner and the actual pivot with the pulley
Exactly,