Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
NEW-85IROC-Z
 
Drives: 85 Camaro Iroc-z 4.3 Miles
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Plymouth, IN
Posts: 12
FOR SALE: NEW 85 IROC ONLY 5 MILES!!!

Up for sale is a VERY RARE 1985 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z-28 coupe. Yes, you read correct; this car has only 5 original miles on the odometer! Some of you, if not many have already heard of, or even seen this car in person. It has become very popular on the internet in many different sites and forums.

The IROC option was first introduced in 1985 for the Camaro and this particular IROC has NEVER even been dealer prepped yet! In fact, it was just recently taken out of storage for almost 24 years! As you can see in the pictures, the front chin spoiler hasnít been installed yet, because that was a part of the dealer prep. Iím sure the new owner will want to make the final decision to install it or not. It is still wrapped in plastic, as well as all the hardware to install it with. This car still has the factory markings on the glass, the original window sticker, and the interior is still wrapped in plastic just like the factory left it. It even smells new inside still!

This car was ordered special and purchased brand new 5-8-1985 and was put directly into storage straight from the transport truck. It was not touched until removed from storage April of 2009. Vehicle comes with ownerís manual, build sheet, Certificate of Origin, customer receipts, 85 Camaro Brochure, and optional locking rear deck for trunk (Not shown in pictures) Options include: 5.0L 4bbl Carb V8, 5-Speed Manual Transmission, Brand New 245/50ZR/16 Goodyear Eagle RSA Tires, Brand New AC Delco Battery, T-Tops, Power Windows, Power Locks, Air Cond, Limited Slip, Power front & rear Disk Brakes, Fog Lamps, Power Antenna, Heavy Duty Cooling, Premium AM-FM Cass Radio w/EQ and front & rear floor mats.

This IROC starts and runs beautiful, needs NOTHING, and looks fantastic!! This is truly a ONE OF A KIND IROC and a great example of a preserved Time Capsule. I have taken this car to many Camaro Car Shows, and as far as I know, this is the lowest mile 85 IROC in the world, so if youíre looking for a rare treasure you can put in your garage, or take to car shows and show off, this is it! This IROC continues to draw crowds at every Camaro Car Show that I have taken it to. People just canít believe that a car this old can still be brand new!

This cars paint was gently brought back to life after years of storage with professional products from Griotís Garage. It was painstakingly done with their random orbital polisher and fine line of gentle polishes. I can personally guarantee that there are zero buff marks in the paint because a buffer was never used. Buffers are almost guaranteed to leave permanent buff marks in the paint, especially black paint.

This IROC is for sale on that popular online auction site E*** & few other places online also, so if it sells, I will post it and remove this ad.
MORE pictures can be seen at our web site oliverford dot com & photo bucket here: http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy325/NEW85IROCZ/ They just dont give ya much room for pictures here do they? LOL

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Serious inquires only please. Asking Price $34,000 OBO PM me for more info. Car currently located in Plymouth, IN Thank you!! KEITH
Attached Images
               
NEW-85IROC-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
C_C
 
Drives: Mazda 3 I-touring
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: indiana
Posts: 101
WOW,

I miss my Iroc
C_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,365
Wow!! That is like stepping back in time.
Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,365
I think it's funny under your avatar you say you drive a 85 IROC Z28 and it has 5 miles on it.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:02 PM   #5
HondaPowered
 
HondaPowered's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW-85IROC-Z View Post

This car was ordered special and purchased brand new 5-8-1985 and was put directly into storage straight from the transport truck. It was not touched until removed from storage April of 2009.


This IROC starts and runs beautiful, needs NOTHING, and looks fantastic!! This is truly a ONE OF A KIND IROC and a great example of a preserved Time Capsule. I have taken this car to many Camaro Car Shows, and as far as I know, this is the lowest mile 85 IROC in the world, so if youíre looking for a rare treasure you can put in your garage, or take to car shows and show off, this is it! This IROC continues to draw crowds at every Camaro Car Show that I have taken it to. People just canít believe that a car this old can still be brand new!
Something doesn't add up, UNLESS you changed the internals. Because what you are saying, is that in 1985 you put it into storage, and "It was not touched until removed from storage April of 2009." That was definitely more than enough time for the gas and whatnot to destroy the engine inside-out. Just my .02
__________________
Saving up for a camaro.

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
brandotron
I am the internets.
 
brandotron's Avatar
 
Drives: dangerously
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 12,719
That is a thing of beauty!
__________________
brandotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #7
brandotron
I am the internets.
 
brandotron's Avatar
 
Drives: dangerously
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 12,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaPowered View Post
Something doesn't add up, UNLESS you changed the internals. Because what you are saying, is that in 1985 you put it into storage, and "It was not touched until removed from storage April of 2009." That was definitely more than enough time for the gas and whatnot to destroy the engine inside-out. Just my .02
I agree. Unless you sealed it in a hyperbaric chamber, the valve seals, tires and hoses would be rotting and the internals could have rust.
__________________
brandotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #8
blackknight
Camaro Lover
 
Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 710
Damn thats nice.

But i have to say, why would someone pay 34,000 for a 1985, granted it has 5 miles on it, when they can pay just about the same amount for the 2010 Camaro.
blackknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
I agree. Unless you sealed it in a hyperbaric chamber, the valve seals, tires and hoses would be rotting and the internals could have rust.
cryogenics?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #10
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO
 
michael's maro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: mt. pleasant south carolina
Posts: 836
Very nice, my 1st camaro was a IROC-Z with the crossfire injection
__________________
michael's maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
talwell

 
talwell's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,078
For those of you that doubt the original and truthful nature of this car:




Last edited by talwell; 03-25-2010 at 09:25 PM.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #12
mrcowboy
 
mrcowboy's Avatar
 
Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South TEXAS
Posts: 509
Guys all you have to do is drain the fluids before storing....LOL
__________________
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #13
SLOWHITE
 
SLOWHITE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toledo OH
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's maro View Post
Very nice, my 1st camaro was a IROC-Z with the crossfire injection
An IROC never had CrossFire injection, do you mean Tuned Port Injection.

That car is probably very rare in the fact it doesn't have Tuned Port, it looks like a base LG4 motor, not even the HO 5.0 Liter.
Never mind, according to the window sticker it is the LG4.
__________________
07 Trailblazer SS awd. 13.08, Vector tune, SLOWHITE intake, ud pulley, 160* t-stat.
My all year 'round, daily driven, boat pullin' Mustang beater.
SLOWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:43 AM   #14
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO
 
michael's maro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: mt. pleasant south carolina
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWHITE View Post
An IROC never had CrossFire injection, do you mean Tuned Port Injection.

That car is probably very rare in the fact it doesn't have Tuned Port, it looks like a base LG4 motor, not even the HO 5.0 Liter.
Never mind, according to the window sticker it is the LG4.
Yes you are right, It was a very long time ago, crossfire went into the vettes
__________________
michael's maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:16 AM   #15
HondaPowered
 
HondaPowered's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
Guys all you have to do is drain the fluids before storing....LOL
"This car was ordered special and purchased brand new 5-8-1985 and was put directly into storage straight from the transport truck."

How many times does a car come off the transport truck with the fluids already drained?
__________________
Saving up for a camaro.

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #16
Coop 2010
Delivered 05/20/2009
 
Coop 2010's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 2SS RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 330
It's got a cassette player with a built in EQ... Rock on!
Coop 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #17
SLOWHITE
 
SLOWHITE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toledo OH
Posts: 111
In 82-84 Cross Fire was in Vettes and F bodies. 85 was the first year for Tund Ports for both.
__________________
07 Trailblazer SS awd. 13.08, Vector tune, SLOWHITE intake, ud pulley, 160* t-stat.
My all year 'round, daily driven, boat pullin' Mustang beater.
SLOWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #18
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie
 
01pewterz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ocoee, FL
Posts: 7,414
Yep rember this car well when this video came out nice piece to own for your collection.

Good luck with the sale if I had the spare $$$ I would buy it to go into my Camaro collection.

Sean
__________________
2010 2LT/RS, 2001 Z/28, 2014 Impala 2LT
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #19
z28mass
z28 mass
 
z28mass's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 gen of camaros, 2012 ZL1 vin#1499
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Easton Ma
Posts: 534
Yes it looks nice however the front facia of it is not right. Front spoiler on this 85 looks from a regular base camaro. Front facia should look the same on all Irocs from 1985 to 1990. Something does not look right, my 2 cents
z28mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #20
talwell

 
talwell's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28mass View Post
Yes it looks nice however the front facia of it is not right. Front spoiler on this 85 looks from a regular base camaro. Front facia should look the same on all Irocs from 1985 to 1990. Something does not look right, my 2 cents
If you would have read, you would have seen that the lower spoiler was part of the dealer prep and that it was in the car still wrapped in plastic as well as all the hardware for it.

My first Camaro was also a 1982 Z28 with Crossfire Injection. Being that they never worked properly I removed it and converted to carb. When Chevy came out with tuned port in 1985 it was one of the best things they ever did. To note - the Iroc offered here for sale is not tuned port and is a carb car.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #21
Carrar
 
Drives: 2009 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fresno, Ca.
Posts: 20
I would have covered the darn thing, if I were gonna store it that long?
Carrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #22
NEW-85IROC-Z
 
Drives: 85 Camaro Iroc-z 4.3 Miles
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Plymouth, IN
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaPowered View Post
Something doesn't add up, UNLESS you changed the internals. Because what you are saying, is that in 1985 you put it into storage, and "It was not touched until removed from storage April of 2009." That was definitely more than enough time for the gas and whatnot to destroy the engine inside-out. Just my .02
The fuel was drained, and flushed out of the car when we first got it. By the way, none of the seals are damaged and the car does not leak any fluids. It did need the underhood struts, and hatch struts because the gas did leak out of those, but thats it. It was stored inside. We did not have it in storage, but bought it from the guy who did....We just bought it, and cleaned it up is all..... Again, none of the seals on this car are damaged, it does not smoke when its running, and the car does not leak any water when it has been washed several times by me.

Just thought I would let ya know the facts...
NEW-85IROC-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #23
NEW-85IROC-Z
 
Drives: 85 Camaro Iroc-z 4.3 Miles
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Plymouth, IN
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28mass View Post
Yes it looks nice however the front facia of it is not right. Front spoiler on this 85 looks from a regular base camaro. Front facia should look the same on all Irocs from 1985 to 1990. Something does not look right, my 2 cents
Yes, it does not look right because the lower front chin spoiler has not been installed yet. It states that in my description. That was a part of the dealer prep because the chin spoiler would get damaged when loading, and unloading from the transporter.
NEW-85IROC-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #24
NEW-85IROC-Z
 
Drives: 85 Camaro Iroc-z 4.3 Miles
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Plymouth, IN
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
Damn thats nice.

But i have to say, why would someone pay 34,000 for a 1985, granted it has 5 miles on it, when they can pay just about the same amount for the 2010 Camaro.
Very true, but you can buy 2010 Camaro's all day long. Soon, they will be every where, just like the Mustangs. There is only one of these cars that is this old, and still new. Granted, this car is not for everyone, but there is a lot of people out there that would love to have it. Its only been on eBay 24 hours now, and the highest bid is already $19,100. I had it on eBay on wednesday, but the auction got canceled by eBay because I placed a link in the description, and apparently eBay does not like that. I relisted it again yesterday... Check it out if ya want to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_813wt_922
NEW-85IROC-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #25
joelster
 
Drives: '94 Z28+ '14 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tonawanda, NY
Posts: 652
LOL at some of these comments. Yeah putting a car in storage for 20 years will cause the entire motor to meltdown because it has motor oil in it . OMG gasoline in the fuel tank? Yikes, it will rot the whole car! Please save the internet hearsay. I've seen cars sitting in a barn for 15+ years with a foot of dust on them, come out and fire right up with a battery charge. The tires are usually flat spotted, but storing a car on jackstands cures that.

Kudos to the guy for SHOWING this car! It is a pleasure to see such a fine automobile. The asking price is fair for the nature of the car. I wish it had TPI but still, 305 4bbl IROC's are pretty rare on there own.
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jimmie Johnson Camaro Meet - 3/27/10 Michael_Js California Meets and Events 167 03-27-2010 06:52 PM
21,000 Miles in 6 Months Camaro21 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 29 03-19-2010 08:01 PM
1000 miles = insanity. wtf? Ravirn 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 31 03-15-2010 01:26 AM
BREAKING: Chevrolet Volt = 230 MPG City FenwickHockey65 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 65 08-17-2009 12:53 PM
how many miles... jcamere94z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 20 06-01-2009 08:40 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.