Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
G.E.

Drives: black on black twenty ten ss/rs
More hate and trouble rather than love...

Being 17, i'm always cruising... To tell you the truth i haven't gotten that many thumbs up or comments on the car. However i have gotten several threats and gotten into some situations... Like the other day these guys drove by and yelled out I'm goin to slit your throat/I'm gunna steal your car. And then I was at a parking lot and this guy that was at a stop light yelled f**k you. And then this real cool guy in a mustang pulled up behind me in a parking lot trapping me in my parking spot, got out and proceeded to say all this crap and finished with U dont want to know me... He was about 40 and was super upset. It was funny cuz of his facial expression when he bent down and saw a kid in the drivers seat. It's just been crazy. I was mainly wondering if anyone else has had such hate? please, share your stories.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
uhhhh, sounds like you need to move away from crazyville
Old 04-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.E. View Post
Being 17, i'm always cruising... To tell you the truth i haven't gotten that many thumbs up or comments on the car. However i have gotten several threats and gotten into some situations... Like the other day these guys drove by and yelled out I'm goin to slit your throat/I'm gunna steal your car. And then I was at a parking lot and this guy that was at a stop light yelled f*** you. And then this real cool guy in a mustang pulled up behind me in a parking lot trapping me in my parking spot, got out and proceeded to say all this crap and finished with U dont want to know me... He was about 40 and was super upset. It was funny cuz of his facial expression when he bent down and saw a kid in the drivers seat. It's just been crazy. I was mainly wondering if anyone else has had such hate? please, share your stories.
First I suggest you clean up the language in your post.....

Secondly, Nobody has ever given me a hard time in the real world, just on this forum for having a V6 or having an Automatic...
It is probably because of your age and having a cool car.. people can be very rude and inconsiderate when they think you were given something for nothing, and many people that don't have what you already do or think you don't deserve it are going to make comments like that.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid View Post
uhhhh, sounds like you need to move away from crazyville
No doubt, wtf!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
I think its just your age mostly, and they want the coolest car in town. I'm only 20 (but I look younger like 16 ) And people do kinda treat the situation differently as if they would do it differently if an older person was driving. Look at that kid with that awesome car, he doesn't deserve it, or he's spoiled etc etc. I've gotten things said like that to me. But I'm paying for it so its w/e. Don't let others get you down, I've never gotten any threatening comments though.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
Describe your behaviors before these incidents. Did you do anything that may be perceived as aggressive? Your car is an eye magnet, all attention will be drawn to you. You are the envy of many now. Cruising is seen by many as a wonderful hobby and many, many others as a nuisance. The public is not a place for fairness and fair play, it is teaming with animals dressed in human skins waiting to pop out and regress to pre-historic instincts. Quid Pro Quo. Do you wish to silence the lambs?

ah just playing around. Lots of jerks out there. Try not to be one and let the other ones go after the intial burst of WTF???
Old 04-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
G.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
First I suggest you clean up the language in your post.....

Secondly, Nobody has ever given me a hard time in the real world, just on this forum for having a V6 or having an Automatic...
It is probably because of your age and having a cool car.. people can be very rude and inconsiderate when they think you were given something for nothing, and many people that don't have what you already do or think you don't deserve it are going to make comments like that.
clean up my lang? I was just quoting what was said to me... and it was one word.. but alright, i'll fix it, just for u.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Are you doing something to make people react like this? I'm very careful not to drive my Camaro aggressively. I don't want to make people hate Camaro owners in general.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #9
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Quote:
And also for not having a muppet avatar during V6 muppet avatar week. Geez grow up.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #10
G.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
Describe your behaviors before these incidents. Did you do anything that may be perceived as aggressive? Your car is an eye magnet, all attention will be drawn to you. You are the envy of many now. Cruising is seen by many as a wonderful hobby and many, many others as a nuisance. The public is not a place for fairness and fair play, it is teaming with animals dressed in human skins waiting to pop out and regress to pre-historic instincts. Quid Pro Quo. Do you wish to silence the lambs?

ah just playing around. Lots of jerks out there. Try not to be one and let the other ones go after the intial burst of WTF???
naw i dont really act like a harda** in my car... a few times i was just at the car wash... other times i'm just in my car chillin with friends/listening to music and ppl will drive by and say something or stop like the guy in the mustang.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
And also for not having a muppet avatar during V6 muppet avatar week. Geez grow up.
Huh...
Old 04-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
G.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Are you doing something to make people react like this? I'm very careful not to drive my Camaro aggressively. I don't want to make people hate Camaro owners in general.
yea like i said, i dont get crazy in my car... just casual.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #13
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.E. View Post
clean up my lang? I was just quoting what was said to me... and it was one word.. but alright, i'll fix it, just for u.
thanks...
Old 04-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #14
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Quote:
Huh...
this thread will clear it up for you

Closed Thread