Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
ChevyBoiSS
 
ChevyBoiSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 302
2015 Chevrolet Chevelle Concept

I think it would take about 5 years for the Camaro hype to die once again, lol sorry but its true. At this point i would expect the Impala to be dropped from the lineup and clear the way for another Historian in the Chevy Lineup..

Guys what would a NEW Chevrolet Chevelle SS Concept look like???

BIGGER THAN A CAMARO, AND MORE ATTITUDE. I always thought the Chevelle looked like it had more Attitude.
__________________

Thinking bout Victory Red 1SS/RS with Matte Black Custom Stripes. Automatic Transmission (L99)
and apparently a $900 dollar whole in my roof.


OHH.. DID I MENTION 24" off THE GROUND?!
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!
 
Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 802
WooooHoooo!!!!

A 6000 lb. Chevelle would be cool!!!
__________________
1969 Camaro
2010 2SS/RS CGM traded for...
2013 ZL1 Triple Black
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
The_Blur
Rock Chalk
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,688
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
WooooHoooo!!!!

A 6000 lb. Chevelle would be cool!!!
I love the Chevelle. The best way for it to succeed is to take the G8 sedan and build it off of that. It would have to have some retro appeal for the comeback to be any good. The weight issue would be a big one, so performance would have to be better than the motor in the Camaro, which would mean more V8s and less obedience to federal guidelines and regulations for overall manufacturer fuel efficiency, including CAFE. A limited production, high-performance Chevelle SS would be pretty amazing, but I just don't see it happening unless it is also built on the Zeta platform, it shares a lot of components with the G8 and Camaro, and it has low production numbers.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
fastfret7
 
fastfret7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ashburn,VA
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I love the Chevelle. The best way for it to succeed is to take the G8 sedan and build it off of that. It would have to have some retro appeal for the comeback to be any good. The weight issue would be a big one, so performance would have to be better than the motor in the Camaro, which would mean more V8s and less obedience to federal guidelines and regulations for overall manufacturer fuel efficiency, including CAFE. A limited production, high-performance Chevelle SS would be pretty amazing, but I just don't see it happening unless it is also built on the Zeta platform, it shares a lot of components with the G8 and Camaro, and it has low production numbers.
Yeah, and as long as it's not a 4 door either....Charger anybody?!?!
__________________
Heroes will be remembered, but legends will never die!! -The Sandlot...I know

In my garage:
2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP in Infa-red 1 of 101
1970 EL Camino 454 SS w/ 4 speed muncie Red w/ Blk stripes
2010 2SS/RS Camaro w/hurst 6 spd in black on black w/red rally stripes


fastfret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
ChevyBoiSS
 
ChevyBoiSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 302
The Chevelle would be alot LIGHTER due to technology advances!! cmon guys they would be next gen parts in this car making it alot lighter probablly a little faster than the Camaro. I dont think lots would be big enough for both the Camaro and Chevelle. Thats why the Chevelle would come back once the hype died for the Maro.
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 33,937
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
I think it would take about 5 years for the Camaro hype to die once again, lol sorry but its true. At this point i would expect the Impala to be dropped from the lineup and clear the way for another Historian in the Chevy Lineup..

Guys what would a NEW Chevrolet Chevelle SS Concept look like???

BIGGER THAN A CAMARO, AND MORE ATTITUDE. I always thought the Chevelle looked like it had more Attitude.
A Chevelle would be great, but Impala will never be dropped from the lineup. If anything, the Malibu will take its place and the Impala needs to grow into a full size Avalon competitor.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #7
ChevyBoiSS
 
ChevyBoiSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
A Chevelle would be great, but Impala will never be dropped from the lineup. If anything, the Malibu will take its place and the Impala needs to grow into a full size Avalon competitor.
The same thing i thought about the Monte Carlo that it would never be droppped but mysteriously it was, do you think it was to clear the way for the Camaro??

I think that and that it was basically the same car as the Impala... i expect a fullcomeback of either of these cars. Chevy needs to get back to the good ol days.
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #8
The_Blur
Rock Chalk
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,688
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
The Chevelle would be alot LIGHTER due to technology advances!! cmon guys they would be next gen parts in this car making it alot lighter probablly a little faster than the Camaro. I dont think lots would be big enough for both the Camaro and Chevelle. Thats why the Chevelle would come back once the hype died for the Maro.
The Camaro is supposed to be the benchmark of GM technology right now. If this car isn't lighter, I guarantee you the Chevelle will have the same weight problems.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
patriotpa
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Posts: 1,966
0-60 in ~ 4 seconds and it has a weight problem?????????????????????
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,747
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
I think it would take about 5 years for the Camaro hype to die once again, lol sorry but its true. At this point i would expect the Impala to be dropped from the lineup and clear the way for another Historian in the Chevy Lineup..

Guys what would a NEW Chevrolet Chevelle SS Concept look like???

BIGGER THAN A CAMARO, AND MORE ATTITUDE. I always thought the Chevelle looked like it had more Attitude.
Are you Kidding? Drop the Impala so a car that doesnt have the history can have its spot? as far as history goes you need a lesson, the Impala has been around since 1958....so it isnt going anywere
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #11
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch
 
Iroczlover's Avatar
 
Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Yelm, wa, Hell if I think about it to much
Posts: 7,905
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfret7 View Post
Yeah, and as long as it's not a 4 door either....Charger anybody?!?!
you can of gotten a 4 door Chevelle just like a 4 door Buick skylark (which was the same body)


I highly do not think that GM will bring back the Chevelle there is not much left of that line but the Malibu, which at the time of the Chevelle just a package of the chevelle. Todays Malibu is a family car & not that well liked one until this current generation of it.
__________________
Heart breaks everyday when you cant take care of your family because you are unemployed, cant give your family what you want or what they need

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #12
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,812
I can tell you for certain, what GM needs to stabilize market share and return to profitability is NOT retro large muscle coupes. Yes having the Camaro along with the Corvette as halos is very important, but if GM really wants to succeed what they need are no-excuse, great value, great reputation, bread-and-butter family sedans like the Cruze, Malibu, and Impala.
__________________
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
nester7929
Rice Harvester
 
nester7929's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Plainview, TX
Posts: 1,449
Don't hate, but I'd honestly rather see the Chevelle come back than the Camaro; I've always liked them a ton. The 1970 Chevelle SS with the 454 is the holy grail of muscle to me.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #14
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,525
As long as it looks like the 70-72 model.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
Chevrolet Orlando Concept Mr. Wyndham General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 23 04-30-2010 10:32 PM
Camaro (concept) Press Release!! Pencil.Fight 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 07-21-2008 03:33 PM
Road Test: 2009 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Concept Video Limeyness Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 4 10-28-2007 09:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.