Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Cool Official Camaro Site For Brazil Market Launched

GM has just launched this slick Brazilian Camaro website ahead of the start of sales in Brazil, the next market into which the Camaro will be exported.

You cannot build or price out a Camaro on the site just yet, but interested Brazilians can put themselves onto a notification list. There's also a technical/design highlights section, a cool Camaro history overview, photos, and even a neat engine sound sampler (complete with start-up and revving sounds).

The Camaro will launch in Brazil with the V8 model. No word yet if the V6 will also be available eventually.

Pricing is likely to be in the $70000-$90000 Reis range (about $39.4k USD).

Name:  brazil-camaro.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  56.9 KB
Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
OMG...............

Dude. This post came a a totaly weird time. I have a client who goes back and forth from Brazil here to Bama. He owns a construction company here and in Brazil. He was asking me today what it would cost for him to export one to Brazil.

I'll have to show him this.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #3
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Tran,

I know there will be huge interest but as far as the people I know and work with in Brazil, there will be limited purchases...

The guys on the oil rigs offshore that I work with are huge fans of my car,and several of them have pictures of my car on their facebook pages....or other web based social pages.

I hope that at least some of them will be able to manage to buy them eventually... Really good guys I work with...

Thanks for posting this up.

Bom Traballo

Bom Gia
Old 07-20-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
OMG...............

Dude. This post came a a totaly weird time. I have a client who goes back and forth from Brazil here to Bama. He owns a construction company here and in Brazil. He was asking me today what it would cost for him to export one to Brazil.

I'll have to show him this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Tran,

I know there will be huge interest but as far as the people I know and work with in Brazil, there will be limited purchases...

The guys on the oil rigs offshore that I work with are huge fans of my car,and several of them have pictures of my car on their facebook pages....or other web based social pages.

I hope that at least some of them will be able to manage to buy them eventually... Really good guys I work with...

Thanks for posting this up.

Bom Traballo

Bom Gia
I agree with that prediction. Perhaps if the V6 version was available, more regular income Brazilians would be able to afford the car. Hopefully the V6 model does make it there at some point.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
Camarobrasil

Drives: Chev Vectra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
GM has just launched this slick Brazilian Camaro website ahead of the start of sales in Brazil, the next market into which the Camaro will be exported.

You cannot build or price out a Camaro on the site just yet, but interested Brazilians can put themselves onto a notification list. There's also a technical/design highlights section, a cool Camaro history overview, photos, and even a neat engine sound sampler (complete with start-up and revving sounds).

The Camaro will launch in Brazil with the V8 model. No word yet if the V6 will also be available eventually.

Pricing is likely to be in the $70000-$90000 range (in converted dollars).

Attachment 147743
I did that yesterday, and like I said before on my Thread, that would be the price range....

And I cant wait to see (and buy) this car, its my dreammm....

And I will be there in the 26Th International Automobile Trade Show in SAO PAULO to check this baby by my self, live !!!

There is a chance that the Price list could be offered in like $60.....just take a look on the Malibu price, its like $45k ...so, still, keep dreaming and waiting

Bom Trabalho! (Good Job)
Bom dia! (good morning)
and Take care! (Cuide-se)
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
Camarobrasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarobrasil View Post
I did that yesterday, and like I said before on my Thread, that would be the price range....

And I cant wait to see (and buy) this car, its my dreammm....

And I will be there in the 26Th International Automobile Trade Show in SAO PAULO to check this baby by my self, live !!!

There is a chance that the Price list could be offered in like $60.....just take a look on the Malibu price, its like $45k ...so, still, keep dreaming and waiting

Bom Trabalho! (Good Job)
Bom dia! (good morning)
and Take care! (Cuide-se)
EDIT:
BTW, there is a Twitter site also that they would post some news, its http://twitter.com/camarooficial

in 2 days, it has 185 followers...
Old 07-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #7
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
There is a thread on here from a Brazilian complaining about the V6 not being offered.
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
Camarobrasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
There is a thread on here from a Brazilian complaining about the V6 not being offered.
Yeah, its my Thread!!

Until now, they didnt say anything about the V6 comming up, only V8....I think that they will probably put it avaible after few months they starting selling the v8

Cheers

I WANT A CAMARO5 SHIRTTTT
Old 07-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Boy I am glad I live in America. I sure couldn't afford a $70,000 car.... or even a $45,000 Malibu?!?!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #10
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Pretty cool! Obviously, navigating it is a bit tricky for me LOL

Very cool though!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #11
cdn2usa

Drives: 2010 2SS
For 70k you would think it would be the 2SS, no Halos
Hurst Shifter,CAI,Vmax throttle body, Kooks LT Headers, High Flow Cats,Borla Touring Axle Back, ADM Scoop, Washwater relocation,Diablo Predator(c/w Ted's Magic), Custom start defeat switch, painted engine cover, shark fin & bow ties, ABL lighting, Rear Camera.
cdn2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
Camarobrasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn2usa View Post
For 70k you would think it would be the 2SS, no Halos
No halos light? but It would be avaible with the RS PAck, Am I right?
Old 07-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #13
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
I speak portuguese. The site doesn't do much yet.. $70,000 Reis (reals) is about $39,436 USD today. I've been there. This is an expensive car for them in my opinion. They could buy a nice house for the price of the car. Also I don't think the translated "gears" correctly under transmission in should be "marchas". Looking at it the whole translation is terrible, sorry.. But is someone using a machine translation or a human? I'm not trying to pick on it , I'd just like to see it done right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post

I agree with that prediction. Perhaps if the V6 version was available, more regular income Brazilians would be able to afford the car. Hopefully the V6 model does make it there at some point.
The V-6 is plenty for them there. There are a lot of small economy cars there. When I went there for a month my rental was a 1.0 liter and a 3.0 liter was big engine there. Even the motorcylces had smaller engines. You didn't see to many big bikes. Gas is expensive there. The Camaro SS is expensive for them, the V-6 version is more affordable but still expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Pretty cool! Obviously, navigating it is a bit tricky for me LOL

Very cool though!
Nah, just look at the pictures... You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
Boy I am glad I live in America. I sure couldn't afford a $70,000 car.... or even a $45,000 Malibu?!?!
That's converted into their money reals which is a lot for them anyway.. It would be like you spending $70K USD for your camaro. How hard would that be for you? Only very well off people there will ever be able to buy an SS. The average person would spend that money on a house there. There will probabaly be some import tax or tarrif making the car a little more expensive. On another note, I not could believe how much cheaper a Honda or a BMW was there. The US must tack on a pretty penny to the price of those cars here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Sure if they offered a V-6 he/she might be able to afford it, and 300 HP is plenty for them compared to what is on the roads there.

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto

Last edited by 2010 Bumblebee; 07-21-2010 at 02:27 PM.
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #14
aldaran

Drives: 2000 Camaro & 2005 Silverado
Wow. Compaints about not having a V6. I bet there would be complaints if only a V6 was available and no V8. I guess the best solution is to offer both. That way they can decide what is enough for them.
aldaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #15
Camarobrasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
I speak portuguese. The site doesn't do much yet.. $70,000 Reis (reals) is about $39,436 USD today. I've been there. This is an expensive car for them in my opinion. They could buy a nice house for the price of the car. Also I don't think the translated "gears" correctly under transmission in should be "marchas". Looking at it the whole translation is terrible, sorry.. But is someone using a machine translation or a human? I'm not trying to pick on it , I'd just like to see it done right..

The V-6 is plenty for them there. There are a lot of small economy cars there. When I went there for a month my rental was a 1.0 liter and a 3.0 liter was big engine there. Even the motorcylces had smaller engines. You didn't see to many big bikes. Gas is expensive there. The Camaro SS is expensive for them, the V-6 version is more affordable but still expensive.

Nah, just look at the pictures... You can do it!

That's converted into their money reals which is a lot for them anyway.. It would be like you spending $70K USD for your camaro. How hard would that be for you? Only very well off people there will ever be able to buy an SS. The average person would spend that money on a house there. There will probabaly be some import tax or tarrif making the car a little more expensive. On another note, I not could believe how much cheaper a Honda or a BMW was there. The US must tack on a pretty penny to the price of those cars here.

Sure if they offered a V-6 he/she might be able to afford it, and 300 HP is plenty for them compared to what is on the roads there.
I'm glad that you can speak Portuguese. frist, I do think that if they offer both version it would be easier and more rentable to GM cause more people could buy V6 and V8. Just look at Chevy Malibu price......

They are importing the Malibu LTZ since Jun and the price is very good, I can buy one, and tons of people sure can either.

The 2 LT V6 Camaro is almost the same price as Malibu is, so, it would sell like water...

The BIGGEST problem is that ANY Imported Car from NOrth america and Europe get 110% Taxes on the base car price....

The GM Brasil is trying to get over the bad image that they have about giving us bad quality cars for too much money. And I agree with them. Now they are trying to offer better car (malibu agains ford Fusion, Accord....). The camaro is the second new one that are coming. Next year the chevy Cruze will get here neither....

I really hope to see a Camaro V8 for a resonable price

PS: Only one car could go against the V6 here, it's the Volvo C30 T5, with 250hp....I was about to buy that car when I saw the frist information about the camaro comming to Brasil, in Feb. What is my point? There is market to a good sport car here, cause the C30 sell more than a 300 cars/month (its may seem to be a lot, but belive me, it is). But GM has to offer options to the client in my opnion.....

Btw, Dodge will also sell the Charger and Challenger here in the same time as the GM put Camaro....Ford already does it with the Mustang. That is why I dont think they are going to put premium on the car...will start the Muscles cars battle here, and who offer the better price has the biggest chance to win.

Last edited by Camarobrasil; 07-21-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Camarobrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #16
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT M6
the motor sound thing is really cool.
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:42 PM   #17
Duddy

Drives: Future owner of a Camaro 2011
I am brazilian and there's no way the V8 Camaro is going to cost U$40,000 here, considering that the Malibu costs about U$47,000. This car is likely to cost between U$75,000-U$85,000. I really wish this was cheaper.
Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #18
Camarobrasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
I am brazilian and there's no way the V8 Camaro is going to cost U$40,000 here, considering that the Malibu costs about U$47,000. This car is likely to cost between U$75,000-U$85,000. I really wish this was cheaper.
Sup Bro!!

Well, it might cost between $60-80k , nothing more I guess!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #19
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarobrasil View Post
Sup Bro!!

Well, it might cost between $60-80k , nothing more I guess!
I know you know this, but you have to convert $40 USD to $70K Reais..
That's where the confusion is. When stating the price state the currency.

They should hire the two of you to fix the Portuguese on the website
Attached Images

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #20
Camarobrasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
I know you know this, but you have to convert $40 USD to $70K Reais..
That's where the confusion is. When stating the price state the currency.

They should hire the two of you to fix the Portuguese on the website

HELL YEAH!!!