Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-26-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
metallicide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
New, Need oponions. Thanks

Hey first post on the forum but have been lurking. Anyway I have a 2010 Camaro 2ss Automatic (no hate please lol)

So far i have a K & N CAI, and a Superchip 2885 flashpaq. Exhaust is straight after the cats but gettin ready to throw an xpipe on soon.

My goals for this car is to be quite fast on the drag strip but also good to drive around summer time. Next year Id like to have forced air induction so im trying to get all bolt ons and engine mods I need done this year.

What in your guys oponion is the next step....headers?
metallicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
If you go turbo, e-force, or Vortech, you wasted your money on the K&N. Might not even work on a maggie.

I would spend some money on suspension parts to tighten up the rear end and maybe some coil-overs, to get the car ready for the up coming FI.

Write out an over-all plan for your car and work that. That way you do not spend money on things you will not need on the finished product.

I speak from experience. Had Roto-fab intake that I loved for 4 months(custom Paint and all), then sold for loss once I got my Vortech.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Get Longtubes next