Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   DIY - Camaro Dash ABL Install - GM Parts House (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130521)

2SSRS@Gen5diy 03-29-2011 03:12 PM

If i may Thank you, I need all the help i can get.LOL

overhaulengines 03-29-2011 05:34 PM

lol, many ways to skin a cat. its cool to see all the ways we can make this work and then share, i love this place.

ihaveacamaro 03-29-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overhaulengines (Post 3026440)
lol, many ways to skin a cat. its cool to see all the ways we can make this work and then share, i love this place.

:thumbup: +1

Although I'm not good enough at modding and sure as hell not as courageous as many people on this forum at tearing the car apart, I do enjoy the many options wonderful forum members bring and just having this community is amazing!

Gene Culley 03-29-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FED728 (Post 3024637)
Great step by step write up. Will be using this and now I AM REALLY HOPING I have a plug. Can't wait to get home to see my vin number.

Thank you for your feedback. It is actually easier just to pop the cover off on the side fuse panel to see if the connector is waving at you.

Gene Culley 03-29-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro (Post 3024733)
Order sent through Patrick... he said you guys should be getting more blue abl lights in a few days.

Can not wait to try this at home!!!

and I'm ordering the trim removal kit too haha. thanks for that tip ;)

Roshan

Thanks for your business and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Gene Culley 03-29-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 3024765)
oh thank God :w00t:

No problems. You're good!

Gene Culley 03-29-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overhaulengines (Post 3025363)
i posted this in ofer's thread, thought i would post here also, might help.
i purchased some 1/4 in weather stripping, put i along the trim, and raise or lowered it in areas. This is to hold the rod and in turn, the rod create to proper gap needed. hope this help, kinda crappy vid, but oh well:)

lupe

Actually this is not really a crappy video. That is awesome, lol.

I can't actually snap my panel in, in the very center, or it will close too much and be darker. Does this weatherstrip allow you to snap it in, in the center, while providing a spacer? Thank you for the video.

overhaulengines 03-29-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Culley (Post 3027593)
Actually this is not really a crappy video. That is awesome, lol.

I can't actually snap my panel in, in the very center, or it will close too much and be darker. Does this weatherstrip allow you to snap it in, in the center, while providing a spacer? Thank you for the video.

hello Gene, the weather strip does not make the space(gap), it holds the light tube up so it doesnt sag down in the middle, the weather strip holds it up (light tube) and therefore the light tube itself creates the gap:)

lupe

Gene Culley 04-01-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overhaulengines (Post 3027643)
hello Gene, the weather strip does not make the space(gap), it holds the light tube up so it doesnt sag down in the middle, the weather strip holds it up (light tube) and therefore the light tube itself creates the gap:)

lupe

Thanks for the information. I certainly appreciate it.

ihaveacamaro 04-01-2011 11:43 PM

gahh... I ordered my parts 4 days ago (29th) and it was out of stock. Patrick said new stock would come and it would be shipped in 2-3 days, but they still haven't been shipped :iono:

I know I'm being unreasonably impatient, but I want to do this to my car soo bad!! hahah lol :D

Gene Culley 04-02-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro (Post 3043416)
gahh... I ordered my parts 4 days ago (29th) and it was out of stock. Patrick said new stock would come and it would be shipped in 2-3 days, but they still haven't been shipped :iono:

I know I'm being unreasonably impatient, but I want to do this to my car soo bad!! hahah lol :D

Our standard practice on this instance would be 2-3 business days to get and 24-48 hours to ship. We're still within that time frame. Should you want them sooner, you'll need to pay for the expedited service and we'll be happy to accompany that as well.

ihaveacamaro 04-02-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Culley (Post 3044181)
Our standard practice on this instance would be 2-3 business days to get and 24-48 hours to ship. We're still within that time frame. Should you want them sooner, you'll need to pay for the expedited service and we'll be happy to accompany that as well.

Ahh I see. That is not exactly what I was told in the email

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick
Got it. I should have more in 2-3 days then we will be shipping right out

I assumed "right out" would you know mean right out lol

But it's not like I'm complaining or trying to start an argument or anything... it's just it looks so cool in the pictures I can't wait to do it myself :D

So hopefully I'll have it soon! ;)

Gene Culley 04-03-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro (Post 3045774)
Ahh I see. That is not exactly what I was told in the email

I assumed "right out" would you know mean right out lol

But it's not like I'm complaining or trying to start an argument or anything... it's just it looks so cool in the pictures I can't wait to do it myself :D

So hopefully I'll have it soon! ;)

We normally do ship it right out. I just add the 24-48 hours in there to give us a cushion.

At any rate, this thread is for discussion on the ABL mod. If there are any further questions or concerns, please call us.

ihaveacamaro 04-04-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Culley (Post 3047714)
We normally do ship it right out. I just add the 24-48 hours in there to give us a cushion.

At any rate, this thread is for discussion on the ABL mod. If there are any further questions or concerns, please call us.

Thanks for the help on the phone :thumbup:

Can't wait to install and post pics!