Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   So I have top issues, 2013. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294070)

BlueRay-J 05-07-2013 07:26 PM

So I have top issues, 2013.

Started using my top now since it is finally warmer out and here are the issues that came up in the last week...

1- Major rattle developed in right rear of vehicle
2- Top is displaying new creases over driver and passenger door
3- Headliner has weird crease near rear window
4- When raising top it tilts to the passenger side, does not look right
5- There is velcro tape on the 5th bow that is not attached to anything

So, here we are going in for my 3rd service appointment relating to mechanical issues with the car, and I only have 3500 miles. This car is starting to feel like a pile of junk.

Issues still unresolved since they are intermittent..

Blower fan chirp
Engine belt squeak
Squeak between driver and passenger window

And then to top it off, I have some acid rain etched into the clear coat already and 3 tiny rock chips in the windshield. I apologize for the whine, I'm just getting frustrated.

OrangeVert 05-08-2013 03:00 AM

Sorry to hear, BlueRay-J. Good luck getting those things taken care of. I had a few issues (driver's seat latch binding, rub noise on wheels turing left on first rollout, 2nd gear grind 1st shift when cold) most of which worked themselves out.

Appt scheduled next Monday for the remainders (wind noise TSB, Hurst logo on shifter sticks out w/sharp edge, tonneau cover vinyl peeling), all very minor. But for $40k I expect only minor issues - so this is cool.

classicrockr 05-08-2013 05:47 AM

check the link below for a complete description of my issues. There have been many, but I stayed with this car & now I'm waiting on a settlement check from GM.

Start keeping track of things & LEARN THE LEMON LAWS for your state. the lemon law offices (not the Better Business Bureau) were the ones that got me the settlement from GM.

Hopefully you won't end up getting rid of it, but just be as armed as possible with all the knowledge you'll need so you can make that choice before it's too late.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291354

'11 cyber grey vert 05-08-2013 06:36 AM

one of the members, 95birdible,
was kind enough to set up a facebook group.It is very supportive, lots of information and shared experiences.
check it out
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2269...if_t=group_r2j

BlueRay-J 05-08-2013 08:32 AM

Thanks . I don't do Facebook anymore, I really don't care what an acquaintance from 2nd grade had for lunch. Lol

I will say the dealer I'm using appears to be very knowledgeable about all the previous top issues and is treating me well. This is good since I didn't buy the car from them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

spikess581 05-08-2013 04:43 PM

Sounds like a ''broken'' 5th bow is one of your problems

BlueRay-J 05-08-2013 06:45 PM

Top is taught, so I think the 5th bow is good. The dealership only had time to work on the squeak, said it is the 5th bow doing that. So I figure they would have identified a broken 5th if that was it.

spikess581 05-08-2013 07:42 PM

OK, I was saying that because the tilt to the passenger side was one of the symptoms with the 5th bow. Hope you get it all fixed up soon.

BlueRay-J 05-08-2013 10:05 PM

Interesting. Maybe its partially broken. More info tomorrow hopefully.

BlueRay-J 05-11-2013 08:32 AM

Well dealer said it was fine. Except the rattle. But they didn't do anything to fix it.

I compared my top with a 13 zl1 and it worked the same. I guess I was overly paranoid.

But the rattle is driving me nuts. I had someone ride in the back and can't pin it down.

BlueRay-J 05-13-2013 06:06 PM

I still can't find the rattle. Its more of a ticking noise and it occurs when the top is up or down. It only happens when the car is moving, but its not repetitive like a stone in the tire. Its more synchronous with flex of the car over small bumps, but is not limited to front or rear.

Its not loud but I can hear it over the radio with the top up. It almost sounds like its in the wheel well or in with the rear seatbelt.

The only change to my car around when this started was the Corsa install. Any chance that could cause it?

95birdible 05-13-2013 06:18 PM

Blueray I just noticed one in mine also. It is the magnet that holds the seatbelt tight on the seat. A very soft ticking noise either top up or down. Might want to check that out.

BlueRay-J 05-13-2013 06:55 PM

Good thought! Unfortunately I have had two people ride in the backseat and confirm it was coming from behind them. But I will check it anyway to be sure it wasn't some weird sound echo. I'll try anything at this point!

IL-Tracker 05-13-2013 07:01 PM

Blueray,

Had our top removed for 5th bow and water bag replacement in April 2012. Could swear there was a type of rattle coming from behind the drivers side. Had the dealer check it out - pulled the panel alongside the rear seat and found panel clips that were either loose or missing and had them replaced. Assuming it had to do with removing the top since it wasn't there before and replacing the panel clips seemed to correct the problem.

BlueRay-J 05-13-2013 08:39 PM

That sounds like a promising culprit. It would explain the randomness of the tick and pretty close to where the sound seems to be originating from. Thanks for posting!

BlueRay-J 05-15-2013 05:06 PM

So today I put up my top and it paused for a second, then slammed onto my windshield with such a crack that someone inside the dentist office asked me what happened. It didnt happen on my way home.

Back to the dealer, something is getting caught up. To bad I dont think they take me too seriously, they just think I'm paranoid. Some of the things I have brought my car in for miraculously stop at the dealer.

bwk1971 05-15-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRay-J (Post 6548223)
So today I put up my top and it paused for a second, then slammed onto my windshield with such a crack that someone inside the dentist office asked me what happened. It didnt happen on my way home.

Back to the dealer, something is getting caught up. To bad I dont think they take me too seriously, they just think I'm paranoid. Some of the things I have brought my car in for miraculously stop at the dealer.

I had something similar happen to my 2013 too, but one of the arms became disconnected. See post #11 of this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293420

OrangeVert 05-15-2013 05:54 PM

Wow, sorry to hear of your issues, BlueRay. I'd stay on my dealer like a Rotty on a burglar.

BlueRay-J 05-16-2013 11:49 AM

So its back at the dealer, took the tech for the ride and he couldnt hear the clicking sound I hear plain as day. Gave the service writer a look like I was nuts. Service manager took it for a ride, said he couldnt hear it either.

But I have had 3 other people ride with me and they hear it fine. Over the radio even. Perhaps I'm just tuned into it so I know what to listen for. My drive starts in the subdivision without alot of noise from other vehicles.

I just want the noise to go away. I really hope they can figure it out. If they say they cant find it, I'm putting the service manager in the backseat and taking him for a ride. He will have to hear it then.

And then there is the weird top behavior. If I dont get things fixed I will try a different dealer with a new set of eyes and ears. Perhaps I'll make the trip to Rodgers chevrolet since they receive alot of accolades here. I feel bad I didnt purchase from there, but they just couldnt give me the amount I needed for my trade in.

BlueRay-J 05-17-2013 05:12 PM

Well, dealer thought they found the noise. Showed me all kinds of pictures from my exhaust where they said it was rubbing. They had to do some stuff to get it to fit right... like cutting my corsa exhaust. I'm not sure they did it, I think it may have been lip service.

Noise still there, just as loud as can be. While I was waiting to leave, the techs were making some off the cuff comments about " I cant believe he sold that to him" and "He has big balls to try that". At first I thought they were referring to some guy sitting in a corvette out front. Now I'm starting to think these comments were for me and they didnt do anything to the car.

I really have a disdain for my car now. I dont want to drive it because the sound is annoying. It feels abused in some way... having been in the shop now 5 times or more with 3500 miles on the clock. And this attitude from the techs, even if it wasnt directed at me is still pretty sad for whomever it was directed at.

I spent 45000 dollars on a Chevy car, and it has more problems than any other car I have bought (around 12 of them new), and then Chevy service kicks me while I'm down, making me feel like its my fault I bought the POS. I can promise you this will be the last GM product I ever buy. I'm looking forward to the next person to pull out in front of me thinking I will yield because I dont want to scratch my car. They will have the entire car shoved up their A$$. And if it didnt fit the first time, I'll be glad to reverse and try again.

BlueRay-J 05-18-2013 10:22 AM

Well, a day after my temper tantrum, I'm trying to figure out my best path forward that doesnt include crashing the car, or taking a sledge hammer to the right rear quarter of the car. (In the hopes that after the repair, the noise is gone.)

I think I will try to take it to a different dealer with a fresh set of ears. Rodgers Chevrolet is not too far from me, and everyone seems to think they are pretty good.

Michael Rophone 05-18-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRay-J (Post 6556453)
I can promise you this will be the last GM product I ever buy...

I've been holding out for the redesigned 2014 Suburban coming this Fall.
Maybe I'm wasting my time? :cry:

There's always the chance the 6th Gen Camaro will be perfect.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-18-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRay-J (Post 6558774)
Well, a day after my temper tantrum, I'm trying to figure out my best path forward that doesnt include crashing the car, or taking a sledge hammer to the right rear quarter of the car. (In the hopes that after the repair, the noise is gone.)

I think I will try to take it to a different dealer with a fresh set of ears. Rodgers Chevrolet is not too far from me, and everyone seems to think they are pretty good.

Hello BlueRay-J,

I am sorry that the noise is still occurring with your vehicle. I understand how this can be annoying to you. I also apologize for the comments you heard from the technicians, and that the talk was inappropriate. You should not feel this way about your vehicle; you should love it! Please keep us updated after your next dealership visit. If there are concerns that arise, please private message us so we can provide assistance.

Regards,

Laura M. (assisting Reggie)
Chevrolet Customer Service

BlueRay-J 05-19-2013 10:07 PM

Thanks. I'm out of town for work but will try to set something up for the week after memorial day.

If I have issues I will pm. Rodgers Chevy is about an hour away so hopefully they can work it while I wait.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-21-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRay-J (Post 6564581)
Thanks. I'm out of town for work but will try to set something up for the week after memorial day.

If I have issues I will pm. Rodgers Chevy is about an hour away so hopefully they can work it while I wait.

BlueRay-J,

Sounds like a good plan. If anything changes or need further assistance, I am here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Danimal 05-30-2013 03:03 PM

Tonneau Cover

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone lost their Tonneau Cover while driving their 2010-2013 Camaro Convertible? I have and I am trying to get it covered as a warranty item... I had installed as instructed, as always and about the 20th time putting it on It apparently flew off at some point while I was on the highway. Really dont feel like paying for something that was not my fault. Please let me know if you too have lost one of these covers. Thanks

classicrockr 05-30-2013 05:20 PM

Good luck with that. No way you can prove that you DIDN'T put it on incorrectly.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-30-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danimal (Post 6608474)
Has anyone lost their Tonneau Cover while driving their 2010-2013 Camaro Convertible? I have and I am trying to get it covered as a warranty item... I had installed as instructed, as always and about the 20th time putting it on It apparently flew off at some point while I was on the highway. Really dont feel like paying for something that was not my fault. Please let me know if you too have lost one of these covers. Thanks

Wow!

Really sorry to hear about your concern. Please keep us updated on the process of getting it replaced Danimal.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Danimal 06-04-2013 01:54 PM

got it covered... it was the old version with clips and not the newer version with bungees.

BlueRay-J 06-13-2013 05:24 PM

Update:

Took it to Rodgers and they did great work. Its about 80% gone, but I'm not certain its even possible for them to fix it completely.

What they found was a missing pinch weld on in the sheet metal in the passenger rear which was causing it to rub. How significant is this to the car's structure? The dealer used some sort of seam sealer to try and fix... not sure exactly. But will this cause more problems in the future? Why should I have to settle for a car that is missing something significant like this? Let me know what you think... is a missing pinch weld a minor issue and common? I want a different car, honestly because I'm concerned its going to just be a rattle trap for the life of it.... Maybe someone can educate me on true significance of this issue.

Rodgers is indeed an outstanding dealership and worth the ride. I met the tech who was riding around in the trunk to try and find the source of the rattle. He even had carpet burns on his elbows.

OrangeVert 06-18-2013 10:57 PM

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

blackswan 12-08-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRay-J (Post 6667058)
Update:

Took it to Rodgers and they did great work. Its about 80% gone, but I'm not certain its even possible for them to fix it completely.

What they found was a missing pinch weld on in the sheet metal in the passenger rear which was causing it to rub. How significant is this to the car's structure? The dealer used some sort of seam sealer to try and fix... not sure exactly. But will this cause more problems in the future? Why should I have to settle for a car that is missing something significant like this? Let me know what you think... is a missing pinch weld a minor issue and common? I want a different car, honestly because I'm concerned its going to just be a rattle trap for the life of it.... Maybe someone can educate me on true significance of this issue.

Rodgers is indeed an outstanding dealership and worth the ride. I met the tech who was riding around in the trunk to try and find the source of the rattle. He even had carpet burns on his elbows.

That's outstanding!

kevinw 12-08-2013 05:41 PM

wow. how did he get in the trunk? must have been a little twerp. lol

BlueRay-J 01-14-2014 05:15 PM

He crammed in there and was a little on the shorter size. But not a small person by any means.

Anyway I have at least 4 new rattles. All of the seat belt retractors and a new one deep in the dash, the windows and headrest. I've owned over 20 cars and this one I dislike the most. It just hasn't been an enjoyable experience.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Chevrolet Customer Svc 01-15-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRay-J (Post 7337132)
He crammed in there and was a little on the shorter size. But not a small person by any means.

Anyway I have at least 4 new rattles. All of the seat belt retractors and a new one deep in the dash, the windows and headrest. I've owned over 20 cars and this one I dislike the most. It just hasn't been an enjoyable experience.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BlueRay-J,

I know we've interacted before but I'm very sorry to hear about these continued issues. Feel free to message me and I'll reach out to your dealer's Customer Experience Manager and let them know that you still have vehicle concerns. Here to help.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care