Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   upgrading suspension after some power mods (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554605)

csorrentini 05-17-2019 02:16 PM

upgrading suspension after some power mods

hi all,

looking at BMR (unless others can point me elsewhere) and not quite sure what exactly I would need that isnt overkill. currently the car put down 520rwhp NA. there are 4 levels of suspension that they offer for the kits and I am not sure if level 2 or 3 is all I need. it is my daily and will rarely see the track but will see some aggressive street pulls at times. thank you all

BMR Sales 05-17-2019 03:57 PM

give me a call on Monday and I will walk you through the packages and help you make a decision

Yellow Bullet 05-17-2019 10:30 PM

I recommend BMR, got Trailing arms and subframe connectors so far and love them!

olblue75 05-18-2019 07:46 AM

Solid cradle bushings at a minimum keeps the rear candle from shifting/moving around.

LCPLPunk 05-19-2019 09:53 AM

Look at my signature...

Chris49066SS 05-19-2019 12:15 PM

I have BMR toe rods, trailing arms, and camber bolts, also Pegasus solid subframe bushings, and am very happy with them

Give TC a call tomorrow, he will take care of you

hrpiii 05-20-2019 07:15 AM

I might as well pile on here. BMR stuff is solid and works well with these cars. Call the man, "Their sh@t works".

Juiced1 05-20-2019 08:11 AM

You can't go wrong with BMR. We have them and a few other options listed on our site all with great prices and free shipping. Are you looking to launch better or some upgrades for road racing?

sixty9fordkiller 05-20-2019 12:02 PM

I went with BMR:

TR002 - toe rods
TCA026 - trailing arms
BK006 - outer trailing arm bushings
BK039 - rear upper c/a delrin bushings with bracket

and for solid cradle bushings i went with detroit speed engineering 1 piece solid aluminum bushings

No more wheelhop. FINALLY!

TheFlyingBananaSS 05-20-2019 05:29 PM

I just ordered the BMR TCA026 and BK006. I hope it gets rid of my wheel hop issue on certain surfaces. If this don't work, I'll have to call BMR and see what direction to go from there.

Chris49066SS 05-20-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS (Post 10523506)
I just ordered the BMR TCA026 and BK006. I hope it gets rid of my wheel hop issue on certain surfaces. If this don't work, I'll have to call BMR and see what direction to go from there.

How are you gonna go about getting the stock TA bushings out?

Jayjellyfish212 05-20-2019 07:38 PM

use the 2 prong puller method to remove the TA outer bushings.

Chris49066SS 05-20-2019 07:41 PM

Thats how I got mine out

TheFlyingBananaSS 05-20-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 (Post 10523617)
use the 2 prong puller method to remove the TA outer bushings.

Bingo! Auto Zone loans the pullers out. My big issue now is finding 4 jack stands because I'm doing the G2 kit on my calipers at the same time.

TheFlyingBananaSS 05-20-2019 08:13 PM

Chris, your car is my motivator bro. I love how you set yours up and I'm looking for the same results when I'm done with mine.

LOL, I just realized I said "done", it's never done :bellyroll:

hesster 05-21-2019 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Before I built my car, I did a ton of research to get the right parts at the best price. My goal was a killer street car, not a daily driver for me, but could be since I did not go overboard on suspension components. Trade-offs are harsh handling and NVH. I went with BMR stuff cause at the time I got a package deal from a vendor and they have everything needed. I did make a few changes and replaced the BMR rear sway with one from JPSS. I also went with middle of the road coilovers (BC-ER)cause they flat out allow for ride height and tuning in the ride quality, and camber plates which allow dead on alignment and more caster. Cheap coilovers are just that - cheap and money is better spent elsewhere.
I have over 600 RWHP and zero wheel hop. The ride is stiff, but not unreasonable, even with our God Awful MI roads. No squeaks or rattles.
Doing the suspension is a big job - using the correct tools, torques, and replacement TTY fasteners, and doing it safely. Bushings must be "Timed" when torquing, and the car aligned afterwards. Paint stripe all fasteners after torquing to verify they were in fact torqued, and for yearly inspection to assure nothing loosens up.
There are a billion opinions out there on what to go with, but I am more than pleased with my ride.
I made a pretty comprehensive build documentation link on how I did it 3 years ago for reference purposes.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442230

Chris49066SS 05-21-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS (Post 10523658)
Chris, your car is my motivator bro. I love how you set yours up and I'm looking for the same results when I'm done with mine.

LOL, I just realized I said "done", it's never done :bellyroll:

Thanks man, its a decent collection of parts that work together right now, but like you said, its never done :thumbsup:

BMR Sales 05-21-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS (Post 10523506)

Probably need Cradle Bushings to complete the TriFecta

TheFlyingBananaSS 05-21-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 10524278)
Probably need Cradle Bushings to complete the TriFecta

That seems to be the concensus with those I've spoken to. Some have even recommended coil overs and lca's. I'll know soon, delivery expected Friday and a long weekend coming up.

Jayjellyfish212 05-22-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS (Post 10523650)
Bingo! Auto Zone loans the pullers out. My big issue now is finding 4 jack stands because I'm doing the G2 kit on my calipers at the same time.

2 prong puller only 30 bucks. I never rent any tools . I always buy them so I have them for other stuff. I been like that since I was 16 with my first car. I’m 43 now so the tool collection certainly has grown. Lol. I’ve out grown 4 bay garage now. Maybe it is best to just rent the tools come to think of it hahaha. Funny how we always come across tools that we still need or changes on autos that force us to buy more tools to work on autos today. One thing that helped me was using the tools I bought to work on other people’s cars so helped pay myself back in a sense the tools over time always paid for themselves.