Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   TT Inferno [COTW 9/26/16] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377642)

djcolopi 09-16-2014 01:27 PM

TT Inferno [COTW 9/26/16]

20 Attachment(s)
On 8/05/13 I purchased a 2013 IOM 2LS with 37miles on her. I am working with Tracy Lewis, from Tracy Lewis Performance, Will from Overkill Motorsports and Justin from BCS Auto on building the car around the true street class. The goal is to ultimately have the fastest street driven 5th gen 3.6L DI DOHC LFX camaro.
Will from Overkill Motorsports is known for his overkill supercharger kits within the LLT/LFX community. The only bolt on FI kit on the market for v6 guys. In addition to the centrifugal supercharger kit, he also supplies 80mm throttle bodies (stock is 72.5mm), flex fuel kit for the LFX and tuning services.
Justin is the owner of BCS Auto and he carved time out of his busy schedule to start a company that catered not just to the camaro community in general but also provided support to the v6 owners. BCS Auto is conducting R&D for various projects; LFX cams (fuel lobe), electric water pump, LLT/LFX stroker kit, etc.

Power:
Base # - 260rwhp/235ft*lbs tq
Boosted #12 psi - 600rwhp/517ft*lbs tq

Engine Modifications:
Twin Turbos GTX2863R
JacFab LFX Ported Intake Manifold
Overkill 80mm Throttle Body
JacFab Forged Rods
Diamond Forged Pistons - 10.5:1 Ratio
Mace Engineering Valve Spring Kit
Tracy Lewis Catch Can Signature Kit
Griffin Radiator - 27.5"w x 19"h Overall

Transmission Modifications:
RX Performance/Overkill 6L50E 4000 Single Disc
High Friction Clutches
Shifter Kit For Valve Bodies
Line Pressure Kit
Tracy Lewis Performance Modified Transmission Pan

Fuel System:
ZL1 Fuel Pump w/Control Module (Removed)
AEM V2 Water/Methanol Injection Kit
AEM V2 Water/Methanol Injection Nozzle & Jet Kit
AEM V2 Water/Methanol Injection 5 Gallon Tank Kit with Conductive Fluid Level Sensor
AEM Water/Methanol Injection Inline Filter
JAZ 12gal Drag Race Fuel Cell w/Foam
Aeromotive Eliminator Fuel Pump
Aeromotive EFI Bypass Regulator - 30-70PSI
Allstar Performance Hi-Flow Fuel Filter, 10 Micron
Overkill Direct Port Secondary Fuel Setup

Driveline & Suspension Modifications:
Weight Reduction - 450 lbs
3.27 LSD - 3.90 Gears
SS Brembo Four-piston fixed Brembo calipers; 14.4” Rotors (Removed)
Lingenfelter Supercar Drag Coilovers
BMR Suspension
-BMR Drive Shaft Safety Loop
-BMR Lower Control Arms, Rear, Non-Adjustable, Poly Bushing
-BMR Trailing Arms
-BMR Toe Rods, Rear, Non-Adjustable, Polyurethane
-BMR Extreme Anti-Roll Kit - 32mm
-BMR Bushing Kit, Rear, Upper Control Arm, Delrin
-BMR Front Sway Bar - 29mm (Removed)
-BMR Motor Mounts
DSS 3.5" 1pc Aluminum Driveshaft
Aerospace Components Front & Rear Drag Brakes

Exterior Modifications:
VIS Ams Carbon Fiber Hood
ZL1 front conversion
RPI Taillight Bezels - Inferno Orange
JOES Racing Products Battery Disconnect - 2 Terminal W/ Panel Red Handle & Rubber Sealant
Midwest Chassis Bolt-on Parachute Rear Bumper Mount Complete Kit
Dark Star Drag Pack w/Skinnies - 17x4.5 & 17x10.5
Optic Armor Polycarbonate Windshields - 1/4 Front, 1/8 Rear

Interior Modifications:
8.5certified Roll Cage w/Swing Outs & Release Handle
Corbeau FX1 Pro Racing Seats (-65 lbs)
Corbeau 5pt Harness
AEM Tru-Boost Controller Gauge
AEM Meth Failsafe Gauge
Rear Seat Delete (-45 lbs)
Deleted A/C - Compresser, Condenser, Lines & Ducting (-27 lbs)
Braille Battery - 15lbs (OEM is 44lbs)

JE Import Performance in Baltimore, Maryland for performance; built the first and only mid-mounted twin turbo setup for a LFX that is gravity drained (oil is teturned to the oil pan under gravity and does not require an oil scavenger pump). However, due to lack of communication, missing deadlines (multiple events such as camaro fest and camaro nationals as well as some grudge races), back burning the build (went from 2 months to 6 months) after paying for the work up front and supplying the parts, not working with me when I tried to host a camaro/muscle car event at their shop and they stopped sending images of the progress I decided to cut ties with them.

Behic2320 09-16-2014 01:33 PM

looking forward to seeing this build continue and come together

stellaleon 09-18-2014 12:59 AM

All the best..Come with awesome product.

djcolopi 11-08-2014 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:love:For my 23rd birthday my girlfriend blindfolded me at our body shop. After the blindfolds were taken off I was surprised with my new hood; the VIS Ams Carbon Fiber Hood :love:

djcolopi 11-28-2014 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently dropped my car off to the shop to have them install the hood pins, clear coat the carbon fiber and convert my bowtie emblem into a flowtie.

garmaihnst 05-26-2015 08:49 AM

looking forward to seeing this build continue and come togetherhttp://goo.gl/NY64d3

rgrmoreira13 05-26-2015 10:27 AM

Nice I can't wait to see the numbers and the total gains your car will gain.

djcolopi 06-20-2015 05:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Still working with JE on the twin turbo build......however, in the mean time I had Carrera Auto in College Park, MD install my ZL1 front conversion with a tow hook (black; stealth mode). She is a new Beast and looks badass now!

djcolopi 07-30-2015 05:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just picked up Inferno from carrera auto with new wheels wrapped with some nitto tires.

I had them install Factory reproductions style 41 ZL wheels based off the ZL1 wheels however, in drag spec and wrap them with sticky performance tires.

Fronts - 18x8 wrapped with NT555
Rears - 18x11 wrapped with NT05R

And update on the turbo build............all the parts are in and im blocked off to drop her off August 17th. Waiting impatiently to turn on the boost

Ethan071891 07-30-2015 06:28 PM

What size tires are those?

djcolopi 07-30-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan071891 (Post 8561242)
What size tires are those?

NT555 255/45/18
NT05R 315/40/18

Splat 07-30-2015 09:17 PM

I would love to see better shots of the full car with the new rims on.

Iv been playing with the idea of this same set to.

djcolopi 08-01-2015 02:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 8561482)
I would love to see better shots of the full car with the new rims on.

Iv been playing with the idea of this same set to.

No problem. I highly recommend this setup. Its a straight bolt on and it took my shop 3.5 hours to mount, balance and align.

TheBracketeer 08-16-2015 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djcolopi (Post 8577134)
Just installed the bracketeer for my auto fire extinguisher. It hooks up great and took 15 minutes.

Sweeeeet!

Thanks for sharing .... love seeing my Universal Bracket installed! Glad you like it.

Everyone else, I am now a sponsor of Camaro5 and running a special for fellow members here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418499

Splat 08-16-2015 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djcolopi (Post 8563925)
No problem. I highly recommend this setup. Its a straight bolt on and it took my shop 3.5 hours to mount, balance and align.

Very nice.

By the looks of it, you haven't lowered your car yet?

djcolopi 08-26-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 8590121)
Very nice.

By the looks of it, you haven't lowered your car yet?

No, she has not been lowered yet, I just upgraded to brembos, im getting the ZL1 HD driveline kit, 3.91 gear swap, GM 258mm Pro III 6L80E Torque Converter, a custom exhaust and finishing the turbo build and some paint work. She is currently in the shop right now.

After this year, I'm going to work on my suspension, fuel system and have my interior color matched and get some racing seats.

djcolopi 08-27-2015 07:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had carrera auto install the SS’s 14-inch rotors with four-piston Brembo brake calipers. Then I had them paint the calipers inferno orange.

djcolopi 10-09-2015 11:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I purchased lingenfelters/pedders drag racing coilovers from camaro5 member Sickness91Z28. Great member! I can not say enough about this guy.

Direct bolt on and it took my shop 1 day to get all the work done. I have shown my stock setup vs the drag setup below

djcolopi 11-20-2015 03:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just got the car back from the shop 30lbs lighter.......carrera auto took out my rear seats with the seat bar and installed shraders performance rear seat delete kit. As of right now she is 116.8lbs under stock curb weight. I plan on going to a weigh station to get the current weight; full tank of gas, 1/2 tank of gas and a 1/4 tank of gas. I have been launching so far with just a 1/4 tank and 116.8lbs under curb weight and she hooks like crazy with my current setup.

I also had my shop paint some interior pieces to match the exterior and I purchased the shifter plate from camaro5 member orange10s.c.

Black Knight 11-21-2015 07:37 AM

Great build . Always glad to see another LS. Btw you can loose another 10 lbs by geting rid of the rear seat belts too . Plan on making my own rear seat delete this Monday. Did you have any issues fitting those 18s on their ?

CurtiSSWatson 11-21-2015 10:43 AM

What all is contributing to the weight loss besides the seat delete?

Nice build

djcolopi 11-24-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurtiSSWatson (Post 8748654)
What all is contributing to the weight loss besides the seat delete?

Nice build

In response to some inquiries on where the weight loss is coming from i have decided to make a list.

Spare Tire w/wrench kit - 50 lbs
Rear Seats - 45 lbs
Rear Seat Belts - 3.6 lbs
Floor Mats (front Pair) - 4.8 lbs
Wind Shield Washer Reservoir - 12 lbs
Carbon Fiber Hood - 8 lbs
Factory Reproduction Style 41 ZL Wheels - 32 lbs (8 lbs lighter per wheel over 18" heritage wheels)
Splash Guards - 8 lbs
3" Stainless Steel Exhaust (Straight Piped) - Approximately 50 lbs

I also stripped the rear half of the car; however, I did not weight the 'trim' pieces before tossing them. Despite my weight reduction goals, weight has been added. Upgrading to the SS brembo setup added weight; v6 brakes with lines, pads, calipers, rotors weigh in at 124 lbs. The Front SS Brembo's with GM pads, and GM hose weigh 12.4 lbs, while the Rear Brembo's weigh 6.4 lbs with GM pads and hose which totals 37.6 lbs. The Stock SS rotors weigh 23.6 lbs and 24.4 lbs which totals 96 lbs for all four. So im looking at 134 lbs for the SS brembo setup and 124 lbs for the v6 setup, so I added approximately 10 lbs.

Cipher Harness Bar - 25 lbs

I do not have the weights for the following items;
OEM coilovers vs Lingenfelter Supercar Drag Coilovers
OEM lower control arms vs BMR lower control arms
OEM toe rods vs BMR toe rods
OEM trailing arms vs BMR trailing arms

djcolopi 12-11-2015 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had carrera auto install my zl1 rear diffuser kit I purchased from Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet. The next day they took off my stock exhaust and straight piped it from the cats to the tips, 3in all the way and they ended it with flowmasters duel quad exhaust tips. She sounds like a beast now, deep, crackly, and LOUD! I will post up videos this weekend.

djcolopi 01-07-2016 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was doing some research on the forum and I stumbled upon camaro5 member willoverkill and his 80mm throttle body for the LFX engine. Now my question is which would be more beneficial for a twin turbo setup; the vmax ported throttle body that is 72mm or the 80mm overkill throttle body? I am dropping my car off the first week in February and would like to have this installed at the same time. If anyone has any experience with this I would greatly appreciate your input.

CurtiSSWatson 01-08-2016 09:35 AM

I have longtube headers, hi flo cats, and 3 inches straight piped to the rear and 5 inch tips. SS of course, RAUNCHY ROARY GLORY! lol. Loud, deep, and rough. Love it.

Was that rear seat delete something you couldn't do yourself? Im looking into buying that kit as well.

djcolopi 01-08-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurtiSSWatson (Post 8830425)
I have longtube headers, hi flo cats, and 3 inches straight piped to the rear and 5 inch tips. SS of course, RAUNCHY ROARY GLORY! lol. Loud, deep, and rough. Love it.

Was that rear seat delete something you couldn't do yourself? Im looking into buying that kit as well.

No, you can do the rear seat delete yourself. The only thing that caused any problems was actually taking the back seats out. It was a pain trying to get it out with the front seats in. I would recommend removing the passenger seat to save you the headache. The only other thing is you need to cut a metal tab that supported the seats otherwise the delete kit will not sit flat.

CurtiSSWatson 01-08-2016 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djcolopi (Post 8830550)
No, you can do the rear seat delete yourself. The only thing that caused any problems was actually taking the back seats out. It was a pain trying to get it out with the front seats in. I would recommend removing the passenger seat to save you the headache. The only other thing is you need to cut a metal tab that supported the seats otherwise the delete kit will not sit flat.

Thanks for the heads up man. What do you have in store next?

djcolopi 01-08-2016 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurtiSSWatson (Post 8831123)
Thanks for the heads up man. What do you have in store next?

First thing tomorrow morning I have my emission inspection to take care of. I also purchased the interior door and dash trim painted inferno orange from RPI that I am currently waiting to get my hands on so I can install with my girlfriend. But the big project is the twin turbo build (GT30's) with controllable boost gauges; I have everything ready to get in the first week in February. I am also looking at purchasing the overkill 80mm throttle body now in place of the vmax ported throttle body.

ghosted 01-08-2016 06:01 PM

Lookin good!

I dunno what you mean about not being able to remove the rear seat with the front seats in. I've been working on my stereo system for a few weeks now, (long story) and have had the rear seats out 3 times by now. Just take your shoes off and climb on in! :)

djcolopi 01-09-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosted (Post 8831368)
Lookin good!

I dunno what you mean about not being able to remove the rear seat with the front seats in. I've been working on my stereo system for a few weeks now, (long story) and have had the rear seats out 3 times by now. Just take your shoes off and climb on in! :)

Thanks man!

Thanks for the correction...I did not mean for it to come across that it was impossible to take out the back seats with the front seats in, it was just a pain and it would just allow you easier access to the back seats and to remove them without the passenger seat in.

ghosted 01-09-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djcolopi (Post 8832185)
Thanks man!

Thanks for the correction...I did not mean for it to come across that it was impossible to take out the back seats with the front seats in, it was just a pain and it would just allow you easier access to the back seats and to remove them without the passenger seat in.

Gotcha, no worries! Just wanted to throw my two pennies out there to keep people from being totally dissuaded from removing their own seats. :D

CurtiSSWatson 01-09-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djcolopi (Post 8831314)
First thing tomorrow morning I have my emission inspection to take care of. I also purchased the interior door and dash trim painted inferno orange from RPI that I am currently waiting to get my hands on so I can install with my girlfriend. But the big project is the twin turbo build (GT30's) with controllable boost gauges; I have everything ready to get in the first week in February. I am also looking at purchasing the overkill 80mm throttle body now in place of the vmax ported throttle body.

After that and towards the end of the summer I will be purchasing the ZL1 HD driveline kit from chevy performance and getting a 258mm Pro III Torque Converter from Circle D.

Building the dream car, I like that.

djcolopi 01-16-2016 02:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yesterday, I spent 4 hours with my girlfriend removing the stock (rough silver) dash trim pieces and the door panels. We then installed the door and dash pieces painted inferno orange from RPI.

djcolopi 01-17-2016 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I removed all the liner in the trunk (rear half of the car). I love the exposed look; it removed some more weight (minuscule amount but it all adds up) and has a race car look. All I need to do now is remove the excess welding and then get it painted.

djcolopi 02-02-2016 01:09 PM

I just dropped Inferno off to my shop JE, to design and build my twin turbo setup. They will also be installing the overkill 80mm throttle body and the JacFab ported intake manifold. I will post up pictures throughout the build as well as my dyno sheets once everything is tuned and running perfect.

In talking with JE they have decided to approach this kit as a clean canvas and look at some new possibilities instead of following the same path the others have. Their sister company Sikky will be supplying their engineers manufacturing prowess to look at the potential to turn my prototype setup into a new twin turbo kit option depending on the results.

Sikky is well known for their engine swap kits using the GM LS v8's and dropping them in to all kinds of different import cars. They focus on bringing aerospace quality machining and manufacturing to the automotive world www.sikky.com so it should be exciting to see what they can come up with.

There are a lot of things up in the air on the design at this point but it looks as though they will be using Twin Garret GTX turbos (size to be determined) as well as a health sized front mount IC and some mandrel bent IC piping.

Outside of those details you will all have to stay tuned to see what's up next!

Tajefe Couple 02-04-2016 11:12 PM

:popcorn:

djcolopi 02-05-2016 02:43 PM

The guys at JE put it on the dyno to get a base line output pre twin turbo kit.

https://youtu.be/3vM35ACVnlY

Tajefe Couple 02-05-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djcolopi (Post 8885065)
The guys at JE put it on the dyno to get a base line output pre twin turbo kit.

https://youtu.be/3vM35ACVnlY

No #'s from the run?
:noidea:

djcolopi 02-19-2016 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the delay in updating the thread everyone; I have been extremely busy with my research at UMD. However, I have been in touch with James and Ryan at JE, and we have a few surprises in store if everything works out perfectly.

I purchased the Roto-Fab Windshield Washer Reservoir II Kit from Apex Motorsports.

djcolopi 03-01-2016 08:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My new inter-cooler end-tank has been installed. The overkill 80mm throttle body, the JacFab ported intake manifold and the zl1 fuel pump have also been installed. I decided not to cut my lower grill and have the inter-cooler exposed.