Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

zebra 01-07-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4273282)
When ever youd like to line up let me ..... oh wait.... ;) :drinking: JK :D

:sm0: :sm0:
that's low

GTAHVIT 01-07-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 4273320)
:sm0: :sm0:
that's low

If spike wasn't the most shit talkinest guy I know.... I might go easy on him. :rolleyes:

but he's always busting my chops in the mods only section.... :laugh:

I owed him....

;)

CamaroSpike23 01-07-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4273282)
When ever youd like to line up let me ..... oh wait.... ;) :drinking: JK :D

you haven't checked my build thread lately have you? :cool:

you line up your 4000lb-er against my 2700lb-er

how wide are your tires again? I'll text you in an hour or two with some... "upgrades"

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4273337)
If spike wasn't the most shit talkinest guy I know.... I might go easy on him. :rolleyes:

but he's always busting my chops in the mods only section.... :laugh:

I owed him....

;)

hey, at least I've kept it in the mods only section... guess thats about to change...

but be sure to let me know when you can get your car to break into the 10's for less than you spent on your maggie ;)

GTAHVIT 01-07-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 4273391)
you haven't checked my build thread lately have you? :cool:

you line up your 4000lb-er against my 2700lb-er

how wide are your tires again? I'll text you in an hour or two with some... "upgrades"

hey, at least I've kept it in the mods only section... guess thats about to change...

but be sure to let me know when you can get your car to break into the 10's for less than you spent on your maggie ;)

and be able to drive it home... yeah tell me how that project works out...

to quote spike:

"Cheap, Fast, Reliable... Pick two."

;)

CamaroSpike23 01-07-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4273398)
and be able to drive it home... yeah tell me how that project works out...

to quote spike:

"Cheap, Fast, Reliable... Pick two."

;)

you forget the simplicity of that car. tho I will ask for one concession... (for now)

let me take the spare wheels and tools out of the car before the run. :D

and reliable is like driveability. its all relative.

I've driven many cars that most people would consider unreliable. but you just had to spend a little more time on maintaining them than other cars.

GTAHVIT 01-07-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 4273405)
you forget the simplicity of that car. tho I will ask for one concession... (for now)

let me take the spare wheels and tools out of the car before the run. :D

and reliable is like driveability. its all relative.

I've driven many cars that most people would consider unreliable. but you just had to spend a little more time on maintaining them than other cars.

Sounds an awful lot like randy justifying his wheels... :laugh:

CamaroSpike23 01-07-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4273438)
Sounds an awful lot like randy justifying his wheels... :laugh:

maybe :laugh: I'm just saying that its all relative. I used to dd a 4th gen with a donkey di*k cam and a 4400rpm converter and open longtube headers. Most people would not consider it "daily driveable", but its all in what you are willing to put up with.

depending on your definition of reliable... if its the same thing going wrong all the time and you know how to fix it, is it really that much different than regular maintenance? its just a shorter timespan. think of 4th gen header installs before locking header bolts. for the first 150 miles after install, you would/should check the header bolts to make sure they didn't back out. technically, they arent reliable if they keep backing out, but you wouldn't look at it that way.

but if you really want me to make an excuse... If I spent just the money you have spent on modifications for your car... I'd still have some left over to buy you some binoculars to see the ass end of my car at the other end of the track.

GTAHVIT 01-07-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 4273453)
maybe :laugh: I'm just saying that its all relative. I used to dd a 4th gen with a donkey di*k cam and a 4400rpm converter and open longtube headers. Most people would not consider it "daily driveable", but its all in what you are willing to put up with.

depending on your definition of reliable... if its the same thing going wrong all the time and you know how to fix it, is it really that much different than regular maintenance? its just a shorter timespan. think of 4th gen header installs before locking header bolts. for the first 150 miles after install, you would/should check the header bolts to make sure they didn't back out. technically, they arent reliable if they keep backing out, but you wouldn't look at it that way.

I agree completely.. hence why my car is significantly more expensive than yours....

I don't want to have to put air in my tires as often as I turn the key to go for a ride. :laugh:

CamaroSpike23 01-07-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4273461)
I agree completely.. hence why my car is significantly more expensive than yours....
right now it is... I'm not done yet

I don't want to have to put air in my tires as often as I turn the key to go for a ride. :laugh:

you'll have to talk with Randy about that one...:sm0:

PQ 01-07-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 4273265)
you'd dare to put that 87 trash in your car?! :rules: :paddle:

Agreed. lol

I only use performance gas. :sm0:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 4273266)
lol at comparing cosmetic mods

you should move to SC. as long as you have Full coverage ins, the state pays to replace your windshield.
;)

tell you what, just transfer the title of the car over to me and I'll send it back when the windshield is replaced... with lexan

87 octane is riding durrrrrty

:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4273274)
Todays "to do" list

Clean Kitchen
Clean kids room
vacuum house
Poke PQ in the eye :D

Good start to the day :laugh:

Todays list for me;

Work on Jeep Stereo
Work on Jeep Radiator
Install Radius rods on Camaro
Install Coilovers on Camaro

My list rocks. :bellyroll:

As opposed to.....

Clean Kitchen
Clean kids room
vacuum house

LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4273461)

:mad0259:

zebra 01-07-2012 01:26 PM

:popcorn:
i don't need entertainment today - i'll just sit & watch y'all!

speedster 01-07-2012 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4270078)
PQ, I'm calling :bs::bs::bs::bs: on not doing any appearance mods since the first fest...

I distinctly remember seeing the 200 MPH tape applied to your windshield in Phoenix... Now, that is a double meaning appearance mod if there ever was one... It helped you see better... and look better... since you could deny any true problem existed... and claim that it was in fact a performance enhancement... which we all know is PURE :bs:...

Next!!!

This was not an appearance upgrade, it was an E.T. Enhancer !! Look at how the pure speed just blew the wipers right out of place. Brandi is in the background taking a leak on the Savini wheels...

Mr Twisty 01-07-2012 03:48 PM

:bellyroll:

I.don't.know.wha......

:bellyroll:

Darth_Emma 01-07-2012 04:10 PM

:popcorn: