Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Blend Door AC Repair - Part Number (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608279)

dma05 08-08-2022 01:39 PM

Blend Door AC Repair - Part Number

I’m about to repair the broken blend door AC issue but not sure which part number is needed for the motor that connects to the door.

I have the blend door and white connector piece. GM lists 2 different motors and I just need to know which one I need to order. The only one that people have referenced is a Dorman part number. I would rather get the GM one.

Thanks in advance.

NOT A 45 08-08-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma05 (Post 11211941)
I’m about to repair the broken blend door AC issue but not sure which part number is needed for the motor that connects to the door.

I have the blend door and white connector piece. GM lists 2 different motors and I just need to know which one I need to order. The only one that people have referenced is a Dorman part number. I would rather get the GM one.

Thanks in advance.

My catalog is down but the a/c delco number is 15-74128

Joe.G 08-08-2022 08:49 PM

Do you happen to have the Blend Door Part # Handy, I don't need one now but I think I want to have one on the parts shelf.

dma05 08-09-2022 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOT A 45 (Post 11211952)
My catalog is down but the a/c delco number is 15-74128

Thanks for the part number!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe.G (Post 11212126)
Do you happen to have the Blend Door Part # Handy, I don't need one now but I think I want to have one on the parts shelf.

The blend door part number is 1551251

0stones0 08-09-2022 08:08 AM

Added to database.

Heater Blend Door Database

gtstorey 08-09-2022 08:35 AM

I think the GM part # (as opposed to the AC-DELCO# above) for the door is 92215212.

Joe.G 08-09-2022 08:56 AM

Is there a Difference between AC/Delco and GM? I believe they are the same manufacture just different brand.

NOT A 45 08-09-2022 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe.G (Post 11212263)
Is there a Difference between AC/Delco and GM? I believe they are the same manufacture just different brand.

AC Delco is GM! Just as Ford brands their replacement parts with the Motorcraft name, GM brands its replacement and electrical parts with AC Delco or sometimes Delphi. It's all the original stuff that came on your car.

NOT A 45 08-09-2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtstorey (Post 11212255)
I think the GM part # (as opposed to the AC-DELCO# above) for the door is 92215212.

The AC Delco number I gave him was for the actuator

Joe.G 08-09-2022 09:28 AM

Yes, Just making sure nothing changed, I worked at a large GM Dealer in the early to Mid 90's but things do change and was just checking.

gtstorey 08-09-2022 11:10 AM

I just wanted to point out that there is more than one part # that you will see it listed under, depending on where you are looking.

As far as actual manufacturing, a lot of is still various manufactures that AC subs out to.

Not sure how the various "tiers" figures into this discussion. It probably doesn't for uncommon parts like the blend door.

NOT A 45 08-09-2022 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtstorey (Post 11212353)
I just wanted to point out that there is more than one part # that you will see it listed under, depending on where you are looking.

As far as actual manufacturing, a lot of is still various manufactures that AC subs out to.

Not sure how the various "tiers" figures into this discussion. It probably doesn't for uncommon parts like the blend door.

Great point here....I can tell you from the discussions I've had with my GM field engineer, the problem was with the vendor. That said, make sure you only get your door from the dealer, and also make sure it's the latest part number. Look at the box carefully...make sure a new part number sticker wasn't placed over the old one and also that the number wasn't scratched out and a new one written on the box! I've seen this many times! I replaced the door in my personal car in '15 and used the updated part. Haven't had a problem since!

I've seen a lot of misinformation post's on here about blocking off heater cores heat and that's the cause of the broken doors. That's bullshit! Almost all of our vehicles use a similarly designed hvac module. Other than Equinox and Colorado I have seen no failures in any of them. Don't cheap out, don't hack your car, have the door replaced with the updated part and you'll likely never have the problem again.

Joe.G 08-09-2022 12:57 PM

Not 45 are the # Listed here either AC or GM the up to date Numbers?

NOT A 45 08-09-2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe.G (Post 11212412)
Not 45 are the # Listed here either AC or GM the up to date Numbers?

Not sure but I would assume both to be. Anything after 2014 should be the updated part. That's why I say be aware. Anytime a supersession comes about, they don't throw or return the old part, but simply affix a new part number to it. So if your dealer or retailer has had the part on the shelf for 8 years or so it very well could be the old part. Pay close attention to the label!!!!