Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

PQ 07-29-2010 12:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just sayin'

Attachment 149779

Dr Jkel 07-29-2010 06:45 AM

S/C seems like it would be easy to bolt on but with my luck something would go terribly wrong and I would be back to have a 40k paper weight, a feeling that I do not like to have.

I see alot of vendors are having sales on the S/C. Do you think it has anything to do with the Z28 coming out, why put a S/C and void your warranty when you can buy a S/C from the factory and have a warranty>

themossman 07-29-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2132086)
We talked about it, but I think I've changed my mind on doing a SC install myself. Just too much money involved to screw something up.

There's a joke here about installing wheels yourself...but...that would be just mean.... :)

Take it to Vengeance...you'll be glad that you did.

CamaroVision 07-29-2010 08:58 AM

I like those orange wheels, got any pics of it on a camaro?

:laughabove:

GTAHVIT 07-29-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroVision (Post 2155902)

:facepalm:

No.....

Nice sig Randy...

PQ 07-29-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroVision (Post 2155902)

Depends on what you mean by 'On' a Camaro. :sm0:

SILVER BULLITT 08-06-2010 01:24 AM

chevy FTW

GTAHVIT 09-09-2010 12:44 PM

I decided to get a local dyno tune done on THR22. I was having some problems with my car... At WOT it was retarding timing big time. almost 18 degrees if I remember correctly.

Turns out it was nothing serious. I'm gonna start a new thread on what the problem was. More to follow.
Edit:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...04#post2313304

But this vid shows how much difference there is when a car is tuned in a different climate. And I didn't have the Airaid CAI util I brought the car home, so that factors in as well.

Check it out.

Dr Jkel 09-09-2010 01:05 PM

Do you think it has to do with the humidity?

Are these cars that particular that they need to be tuned each time the climate changes?

GTAHVIT 09-09-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Jkel (Post 2313038)
Do you think it has to do with the humidity?

Are these cars that particular that they need to be tuned each time the climate changes?

Well, I'm not completely sure how to answer that....

But here's some infor for thought...

Tom tuned my car in PA, near Pittsburgh, in Feb, and they are 1100' above sea level with far less humidity.

Here in Jax in the summer it's almost 100 degrees, 80% humidity, 12 feet above sea level.

Other than the small problem I had to chase down, my car ran great in Fl and in PA. But it runs better here now than it ever did before the new tune.

The car had a little bit of predetonation so we were able to remove that by taking out some timing and lowering the AFR (adding fuel). It went down from 11.7 to 11.5 ish...

Now I did loose some torque, not sure if that is from the Airaid, or the climate. But I am making more RWHP...

Don't ask me how it all fits together... But the difference is noticeable for sure.

I know some guys have multiple tunes, summer, Winter, Valet, Race...

so yeah you can use different tunes at different times. I'm gonna stick with this one for now.

:thumbsup:

speedster 09-09-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2313078)
Well, I'm not completely sure how to answer that....

But here's some infor for thought...

Tom tuned my car in PA, near Pittsburgh, in Feb, and they are 1100' above sea level with far less humidity.

Here in Jax in the summer it's almost 100 degrees, 80% humidity, 12 feet above sea level.

Other than the small problem I had to chase down, my car ran great in Fl and in PA. But it runs better here now than it ever did before the new tune.

The car had a little bit of predetonation so we were able to remove that by taking out some timing and lowering the AFR (adding fuel). It went down from 11.7 to 11.5 ish...

Now I did loose some torque, not sure if that is from the Airaid, or the climate. But I am making more RWHP...

Don't ask me how it all fits together... But the difference is noticeable for sure.

I know some guys have multiple tunes, summer, Winter, Valet, Race...

so yeah you can use different tunes at different times. I'm gonna stick with this one for now.

:thumbsup:

Glad you had it dyno tuned down here. There is a big difference in climate. One of the things to remember is that numbers from multiple dynos are rarely the same so that could be some of the original variance.

Nice runs though. The beast is back. ;)

Dr Jkel 09-09-2010 01:36 PM

I guess my question is kinda odd, but do you need to have it Tuned every so often, kinda like a TUNE UP so to speak. Mine dyno'd about 450 rwhp when they did the cam swap and all seems fine, but to be honest unless something is major wrong I don't think I would know the difference. I don't really race, drag or autocross etc... but the ocassional dusting at the street light does happen for some unknown reason, lol, think my throttle has a mind of it's own

GTAHVIT 09-09-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2313152)
Glad you had it dyno tuned down here. There is a big difference in climate. One of the things to remember is that numbers from multiple dynos are rarely the same so that could be some of the original variance.

Nice runs though. The beast is back. ;)

I'm so glad we figured it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Jkel (Post 2313169)
I guess my question is kinda odd, but do you need to have it Tuned every so often, kinda like a TUNE UP so to speak. Mine dyno'd about 450 rwhp when they did the cam swap and all seems fine, but to be honest unless something is major wrong I don't think I would know the difference. I don't really race, drag or autocross etc... but the ocassional dusting at the street light does happen for some unknown reason, lol, think my throttle has a mind of it's own

No, I'd agree, you shouldn't have to adjust the tune unless there is a major change...

DGthe3 09-10-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2312971)
I decided to get a local dyno tune done on THR22. I was having some problems with my car... At WOT it was retarding timing big time. almost 18 degrees if I remember correctly.

Turns out it was nothing serious. I'm gonna start a new thread on what the problem was. More to follow.
Edit:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...04#post2313304

But this vid shows how much difference there is when a car is tuned in a different climate. And I didn't have the Airaid CAI util I brought the car home, so that factors in as well.

Check it out.

You have good taste in car colour ... bad taste in background misic