Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Camaro Steering wheel swap possible!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445767)

XBumblebeeX 03-25-2016 12:00 PM

Camaro Steering wheel swap possible!!!

Hey there!

I created this thread to help any Camaro owner interested in a steering wheel swap!

Mine is a 2013 model, and I didn't like much the new steering wheel on 2012-2015 models, and I wanted to change to a 2010-2011 wheel.

I researched pretty much all threads that talked about steering wheels on Camaros, and I couldn't find any that confirmed that this change was actually possible. I even went to the dealership a few times with no success...

I could order the parts (steering wheel + airbag) but those parts cannot be returned, so I had the risk of spending all that money + labor costs for nothing.

I was almost giving up when a very kind gentleman from the parts department of my local dealership decided to help me! He found out that the bolt pattern is the same, and that the electric connectors were also the same, so it would fit!

I ordered the parts and everything went well with the installation! I am very happy happy with the new steering wheel, it looks awesome and much more Camaro!

Any questions? Feel welcome to message me!

XBumblebeeX 03-25-2016 12:07 PM

http://m.imgur.com/mMl7BRf

homewrecker 03-26-2016 12:35 PM

Bumblebee where's the pictures! I can't see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rudySS 03-26-2016 01:19 PM

I want to see pictures

XBumblebeeX 04-10-2019 06:01 PM

RE: Pictures

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry guys - I never saw your replies!

It might be too late, but I'm sending them anyways! :)

Pagliaro 04-10-2019 07:23 PM

I'm going the other way 2011 to 2012 Zl1 wheel but waiting for cheaper airbag. I have the wheel.

Bandit63 04-10-2019 09:07 PM

You still have the one you took off? Want to sell it?

bertie 04-11-2019 05:17 PM

Nice swap! I like the 2011's either.

EvanH_19 10-30-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XBumblebeeX (Post 8990700)
Hey there!

I created this thread to help any Camaro owner interested in a steering wheel swap!

Mine is a 2013 model, and I didn't like much the new steering wheel on 2012-2015 models, and I wanted to change to a 2010-2011 wheel.

I researched pretty much all threads that talked about steering wheels on Camaros, and I couldn't find any that confirmed that this change was actually possible. I even went to the dealership a few times with no success...

I could order the parts (steering wheel + airbag) but those parts cannot be returned, so I had the risk of spending all that money + labor costs for nothing.

I was almost giving up when a very kind gentleman from the parts department of my local dealership decided to help me! He found out that the bolt pattern is the same, and that the electric connectors were also the same, so it would fit!

I ordered the parts and everything went well with the installation! I am very happy happy with the new steering wheel, it looks awesome and much more Camaro!

Any questions? Feel welcome to message me!

Bumblebee, I'm so glad that I found this thread because I have been wanting to do this. I've got a 2015 RS and I'm like you, I don't like the new steering wheel design. I was just wanting to know where you ordered the steering wheel? Also, those pedals are sick, where did you get those as well? Thanks.

Bandit63 10-30-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanH_19 (Post 10651327)
Bumblebee, I'm so glad that I found this thread because I have been wanting to do this. I've got a 2015 RS and I'm like you, I don't like the new steering wheel design. I was just wanting to know where you ordered the steering wheel? Also, those pedals are sick, where did you get those as well? Thanks.

I’ll trade you my 2011 for yours, if you have auto

Brobledo 08-24-2023 05:39 PM

2014 Camaro ls steering wheel swap with 2017

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in a forum and I was wondering if it was possible to swap the steering wheel of my 2014 Camaro LS with a 2017 Camaro LS? I've been looking around for answers but didn't have any luck until I found this post, this got my hopes up, and in the case that it is possible are there any links that I can use for getting the steering wheel and anything else I might need?

Eddymel1998 08-24-2023 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brobledo (Post 11351270)
Hello everyone,

This is my first post in a forum and I was wondering if it was possible to swap the steering wheel of my 2014 Camaro LS with a 2017 Camaro LS? I've been looking around for answers but didn't have any luck until I found this post, this got my hopes up, and in the case that it is possible are there any links that I can use for getting the steering wheel and anything else I might need?

If it's a 6th gen wheel I think someone in the thread below did it, I guess it was a bit of a pain but is possible I didn't read too much into it.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445431