Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Mid-Atlantic (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   How strict is NOVA emissions with Hi-Flow Cats (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411887)

Jester06 06-09-2015 01:21 PM

How strict is NOVA emissions with Hi-Flow Cats

Has anyone in the NOVA area had any problems with emissions testing that had Hi-Flow cats installed? I ask because I'm thinking about getting Stainless Works 3" Retro Chambered cat back with Hi-Flow cats, but i dont want to fail emissions. Any feedback would be helpful, thanks!

Thawilster 06-28-2015 08:51 AM

Bump! Great question ... I'd like to know also. :pop2:

motorhead 06-28-2015 09:12 AM

From what I've heard and read, many hi flow cats pass the test, but if your shop does a visual you will most likely fail. To me though any rational mechanic would let it go if it passes the test. Who knows though. Why not ask a testing facility before you purchase them?

IMPERIALBLUE2SS 06-28-2015 10:03 AM

Don't ask anything it raises suspicion and you will definitely fail. Been there done that. If it passes sniffer they really won't be to concerned with visual.

motorhead 06-28-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMPERIALBLUE2SS (Post 8505789)
Don't ask anything it raises suspicion and you will definitely fail. Been there done that. If it passes sniffer they really won't be to concerned with visual.

I agree, I should have also wrote to ask a place that you don't actually take your car to.

1fast 06-29-2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester06 (Post 8474062)
Has anyone in the NOVA area had any problems with emissions testing that had Hi-Flow cats installed? I ask because I'm thinking about getting Stainless Works 3" Retro Chambered cat back with Hi-Flow cats, but i dont want to fail emissions. Any feedback would be helpful, thanks!

Have many customer in the area, with long tubes and high flow cats that pass the emission test, so i don't see a problem. Although it will take a few drive cycles to it to go into the reediness test,

Let us know if you need any assistant or any other question give us a call

540-439-3737 Broadview Auto

Baggerjack 05-01-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fast (Post 8507082)
Have many customer in the area, with long tubes and high flow cats that pass the emission test, so i don't see a problem. Although it will take a few drive cycles to it to go into the reediness test,

Let us know if you need any assistant or any other question give us a call

540-439-3737 Broadview Auto

Do those cars have a tune? I will be adding LT and high flow cats soon, but don't want to do the tune right away.

Tom68Goetz 05-16-2018 08:48 PM

i was at a shell station in Alexandria getting an emission test on my 2010 Sierra, the first the thing the mechanic did was get on the floor and look to make sure I had a cat installed even before the sniffer was hooked up.