Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Sweet Deal for first ZL1 Super Chiller! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255045)

TrekGTO 10-11-2012 07:31 PM

Sweet Deal for first ZL1 Super Chiller!

The Super Chiller is a no cut installation. All my adapters are CNC at existing connections. Custom AN fittings seal with O-Ring to Chiller Core, in fact the entire system uses standard AC O Rings. This is completely reversible if you want to put car back to stock. A passive Heat Exchanger can’t compete with refrigerating the coolant. The core is Stainless Steel and only moving part is the Expansion Valve. Formed OEM looking aluminum return line under hood.
More info Here and Here.

Free installation for first ZL1 to come in for installation. Pm me for full details I had a member from Jacksonville and one from Miami contact me I said I would cover Hotel cost and provide a loaner car. PM me if you are interested its time to make a deal! I’m getting so many inquires I need to be able to fill these orders. We don’t do universal kits every kit is model and Blower Specific. ZL1 will make the 4th Camaro kit alone.

TrekGTO 10-11-2012 07:43 PM

CTS V Super Chiller

In case anyone has missed it the XLR V and CTS V Super Chillers have been selling for some time. I also have a great upgrade for the CTS V with a hidden reservoir and under hood reservoir with cap. Best thing about the under hood reservoir it helps bleed system and is plastic so no insulation needed. These are direct fit no cut installations with nothing visible under hood. These are featured on a Cadillac Forum with much more info.
Some of the pics are here

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...hiller/VHS.jpg
CTS V competition solenoid and high side adapter

The 08 Hummer H2 arrived today for first Super Chiller and we have another CTS V arriving from TX Saturday for the Extreme Chiller Project. This is a first gen but it has a built LS3 M6 just under 800 RWH. We have a Super Chiller Kit for the first gen CTS V also.

mmarx82 10-11-2012 09:15 PM

Wish you guys were closer, I'd so be there...

mlee 10-11-2012 09:18 PM

How do you keep condensation away from the MAF with this one. I see you're in FL and would have the same problem we do here w/ humidity.

bumblebeecamaro 10-12-2012 09:01 AM

how would condensation be an issue with the MAF? this has nothing to do with it. the Superchiller cools the fluid that's running through the factory heat exchanger. there might be some condensation from the Superchiller itself, but once again, that's nowhere near the MAF sensor.

2012ZL1 10-12-2012 09:09 AM

I wish I were closer. I'm definately buying one of your units for my ZL1. Just so you guy's know, Dave is the originator of the Super Chiller, and a super nice guy. Buy with confidence.

69NMYSS 10-12-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrekGTO (Post 5683316)
The Super Chiller is a no cut installation. All my adapters are CNC at existing connections. Custom AN fittings seal with O-Ring to Chiller Core, in fact the entire system uses standard AC O Rings. This is completely reversible if you want to put car back to stock. A passive Heat Exchanger can’t compete with refrigerating the coolant. The core is Stainless Steel and only moving part is the Expansion Valve. Formed OEM looking aluminum return line under hood.
More info Here and Here.

Free installation for first ZL1 to come in for installation. Pm me for full details I had a member from Jacksonville and one from Miami contact me I said I would cover Hotel cost and provide a loaner car. PM me if you are interested its time to make a deal! I’m getting so many inquires I need to be able to fill these orders. We don’t do universal kits every kit is model and Blower Specific. ZL1 will make the 4th Camaro kit alone.

I realize you are super busy, but my offer still stands. I will pay for plane ticket, hotel, and food to Cali for free install with deep discount on chiller unit to use my ZL1 as the test mule for install. I have a shop with a car lift you can use. I will also pay for you to install my new 2.55" pulley, solid coupler, and CAI. This could be a two day trip three max. This may be a lot faster than waiting for someone to bring in a ZL1. Plus its a free trip to Cali! Keep it in mind.

mlee 10-12-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro (Post 5685058)
how would condensation be an issue with the MAF? this has nothing to do with it. the Superchiller cools the fluid that's running through the factory heat exchanger. there might be some condensation from the Superchiller itself, but once again, that's nowhere near the MAF sensor.

PM sent

Godsplumber 10-12-2012 12:31 PM

I still waiting to see the results, some air temp tests. And for some opinions from someone that has it installed.

bumblebeecamaro 10-12-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godsplumber (Post 5685825)
I still waiting to see the results, some air temp tests. And for some opinions from someone that has it installed.

Dave installed mine on my Maggie SS probabaly 9 months ago and I have had zero problems with the system. I usually run IATs between 48F and 75F cruising around in the crazy hot central FL weather. IATs at full boost can peg somewhere in the 105 to 120F temps which is still better than the 160F-ish range I have seen w/o the chiller.

69NMYSS 10-12-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro (Post 5685862)
Dave installed mine on my Maggie SS probabaly 9 months ago and I have had zero problems with the system. I usually run IATs between 48F and 75F cruising around in the crazy hot central FL weather. IATs at full boost can peg somewhere in the 105 to 120F temps which is still better than the 160F-ish range I have seen w/o the chiller.

Do you think your maggie puts out more heat than the ZL1's Eaton?

GMteSSted 10-12-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godsplumber (Post 5685825)

Its the best money you will spend on a boosted car!

TrekGTO 10-12-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMteSSted (Post 5686043)
Its the best money you will spend on a boosted car!

Good to hear from you Bobby. I haven’t talked to you since Indy, thanks for your help and support!

TrekGTO 10-12-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 5683753)
How do you keep condensation away from the MAF with this one. I see you're in FL and would have the same problem we do here w/ humidity.

Some shops were installing front mount Superchargers or Turbo with the Chiller before the MAF. I never tried this since I relocate the MAF before the Chiller. There customers were complaining that the condensation was burning out the MAF. This does not apply to a top mount Whipple, Maggie or the ZL1 since the MAF is before the intercooler from the manufacture.