View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #165
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
The prowler was a cool car and took balls to put on the market but where is it now , and how about the 2003 ford Thunderbird , which is the first retro comeback car to hit the market but they are laughed at nowadays . The chevy SSR once they got a LS2 in it was a blast and has become a collectable and the one car that should have gone retro and a true muscle car the GTO wanted to look like a BMW instead. I thank heavens that the new chevy Blazer has no retro looks at all and will be replacing my traverse when its released .I'm also looking forward to a 7th Gen but going into it with a open mind and the good feeling of knowing retro in Camaros is dead and gone .
The Prowler's failure was due to the V6 under the hood. It isn't my opinion, but a widely accepted judgement. The 2003 Thunderbird was not the first retro comeback car to hit the market; it was the Prowler, followed by the New Beetle, which really kicked it off. The first American vehicle to do it en masse was the PT Cruiser.
I've refrained from commenting, but the tone of your posts has become more bashing of the 5th generation & defensive about the 6th generation. I assure you that the 5th generation Camaro will become well regarded & coveted as time moves on, similar to what is occurring with the 3rd generation now; while the 6th generation will receive treatment similar to the 4th generation. You're the only person here who believes otherwise & the only person, on any muscle car forum that I've been on, to speak so disparagingly of the 5th generation, so that should tell you something.
I look forward to the 7th generation & hope to either purchase one or a 2019+ SS, but not at the expense of trading my 5th generation. It was an instant classic the day the first one rolled off of the assembly line, regardless of what monetary value it may or may not have in the future.

Last edited by PDXSSCE; 06-22-2018 at 10:49 AM.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote