Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2018, 10:52 PM   #141
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 to 91 to 13 View Post
Interesting. I have owned corvettes and have a book which has a interview with the c6 designer and he says he specifically used the 63 Vette as a inspiration for designing the c6 and he states you can see the older vetted lines in a c6?
Yes i would agree with that without a doubt , but the designer did a great job taking the Corvette into an original look while using those lines . They didn't try to recreate a 63 Vette , although people may not have minded that.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:58 PM   #142
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
Most events I've been to seem to want roll cages in convertibles. This may not be the case everywhere, all associations will have their rulebook available to you.
I spoke with Zamp today & was informed that SCCA doesn't require a rolll-bar for amateur events. I'm going to look into it.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:08 AM   #143
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I don't see the Corvette having to back up in its evolution to rely on the looks of a 63 split window for the sake of sales. The 6th Gen fits in perfect right now in the evolution of the Camaro , go look at 53 Corvette then a 18 Corvette and pick out the similarities, and do the same with the 67 Camaro and 18 Camaro . The 6th Gen places the Camaro where it should be now ,looks have to move forward just like performance be it popular or not . I think its really weak thinking that a Camaro can only be popular if it looks like 45 to 50 year old design. I would much rather drive the best performance ,futuristic looking Camaros ever built in the 6th Gen models, even if its less popular .
Ya all the big 3 were weak when they went to the retro style..it was a flop for sure. Sure you can change the look of whatever model you want but your kidding yourself thinking the current look is a step forward...now is it horrible no. But its a good thing performs well .....GM has it half right.Hopefully the 7th gen actually is a step forward styling wise.....but based on the 19 refresh Im not convinced it will be. Your thinking a car that's just blending in with most other designs on the road is acceptable that's good. I appreciate something that doesn't.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:32 AM   #144
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Ya all the big 3 were weak when they went to the retro style..it was a flop for sure. Sure you can change the look of whatever model you want but your kidding yourself thinking the current look is a step forward...now is it horrible no. But its a good thing performs well .....GM has it half right.Hopefully the 7th gen actually is a step forward styling wise.....but based on the 19 refresh Im not convinced it will be. Your thinking a car that's just blending in with most other designs on the road is acceptable that's good. I appreciate something that doesn't.
I feel the retro era, kicked off by the Plymouth Prowler, was great, but my opinion is that its time has passed & the Dodge Challenger will be the last of it for now.
It appears the 2016-18 6th generation was a gap car, that retained some of the retro, while attempting to move the design forward. Personally, I don't care for it.
I realize that I'm in the minority, but I believe the 2019 SS refresh has done an excellent job of propelling the design to the next step in its evolution, while including subtle early 2nd generation styling cues.
I'm excited to see what the 7th generation brings.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:24 AM   #145
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I feel the retro era, kicked off by the Plymouth Prowler, was great, but my opinion is that its time has passed & the Dodge Challenger will be the last of it for now.
It appears the 2016-18 6th generation was a gap car, that retained some of the retro, while attempting to move the design forward. Personally, I don't care for it.
I realize that I'm in the minority, but I believe the 2019 SS refresh has done an excellent job of propelling the design to the next step in its evolution, while including subtle early 2nd generation styling cues.
I haven't seen a Prowler in a long time. Good point on the gap car...and yes the 7th gen may be interesting.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:42 AM   #146
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
The 6th Gen Camaro is a huge step forward in design and performance, like it or not . The 7th Gen will build on what the 6th Gen has created in a Camaro even if its the form of a CUV and is a twin turbo v6 AWD. Just leave that retro crap in the past so we can get a chuckle out of it in the future .
Old 06-22-2018, 06:05 AM   #147
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
The prowler was a cool car and took balls to put on the market but where is it now , and how about the 2003 ford Thunderbird , which is the first retro comeback car to hit the market but they are laughed at nowadays . The chevy SSR once they got a LS2 in it was a blast and has become a collectable and the one car that should have gone retro and a true muscle car the GTO wanted to look like a BMW instead. I thank heavens that the new chevy Blazer has no retro looks at all and will be replacing my traverse when its released .I'm also looking forward to a 7th Gen but going into it with a open mind and the good feeling of knowing retro in Camaros is dead and gone .
Old 06-22-2018, 06:13 AM   #148
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
The prowler was a cool car and took balls to put on the market but where is it now , and how about the 2003 ford Thunderbird , which is the first retro comeback car to hit the market but they are laughed at nowadays . The chevy SSR once they got a LS2 in it was a blast and has become a collectable and the one car that should have gone retro and a true muscle car the GTO wanted to look like a BMW instead. I thank heavens that the new chevy Blazer has no retro looks at all and will be replacing my traverse when its released .I'm also looking forward to a 7th Gen but going into it with a open mind and the good feeling of knowing retro in Camaros is dead and gone .
All of those cars missed the mark, because a retro look was all they had and many like the SSR were more cartoon looking versions of retro. The GTO was the best one out of the cars you listed once they put the better motor in it. I dont consider it a retro car though. It just used the name. That doesnt make a car retro.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:02 AM   #149
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
All of those cars missed the mark, because a retro look was all they had and many like the SSR were more cartoon looking versions of retro. The GTO was the best one out of the cars you listed once they put the better motor in it. I dont consider it a retro car though. It just used the name. That doesnt make a car retro.
Yeah the GTO was not retro ,i was trying to say it could have been tho, thats what i meant by saying it looked more like BMW.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:07 AM   #150
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
I haven't seen a Prowler in a long time. Good point on the gap car...and yes the 7th gen may be interesting.
of course not...its a dodge,most of them probably fell apart by now.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:11 AM   #151
redcoats1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
7ve folded mine down and hauled home a few 2x4s.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:13 AM   #152
redcoats1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Well yeah, Kia doesnt offer a replacement for a Camaro. I would never give up a Camaro for a Kia either. But then again Camaros are toys for me not a daily driver.
i drive mine daily.have never sat in a kia,hopefully never will.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:16 AM   #153
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
of course not...its a dodge,most of them probably fell apart by now.
As funny as that is...it is the truth.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:23 AM   #154
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
The 6th Gen Camaro is a huge step forward in design and performance, like it or not . The 7th Gen will build on what the 6th Gen has created in a Camaro even if its the form of a CUV and is a twin turbo v6 AWD. Just leave that retro crap in the past so we can get a chuckle out of it in the future .
Looks .......no. Performance and tech...of course that's the way it should be. That is a blanket comment that covers all new model intros. My 2018 Crv Touring is alot better then my same model 16....like I said it should be. The 7th gen hopefully takes the tech available and does a better job in the design. It needs a complete remodel design that sets it apart ....the 7th gen doesn't.....like it or not.