View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #33
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowVert View Post
I'm in the process of a buy back right now with mine. My new 13 is on order. with a buy back, there is no fee for mileage. If you lemon law it and take money over a vehicle exchange, then there is a $.10/mile pleasurable driving fee that they deduct from the check that you are cut.

If you opt to take a replacement vehicle, there is no fee assigned. I only have to pay the difference between the window sticker price on my 12 with the window sticker price on the 13.
Perhaps the laws differ in various states, but in Tx they can charge a milage fee and tried to on my last lemon. Luckily I kept the documentation showing that I had reported the problem at the 500 mile oil change. Without that documentation I would have been stuck with 15k worth of miles that I would have had to cover in addition to the cost between sticker prices. It took 3 weeks for me to get through the process. Part of this was because it was a SAAB and I could not go back into a SAAB so I had to switch to some other GM product.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote