View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #89
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
I dread the day of wide spread us of electric propulsion, to me it means the death of Hot Roding cars.
But it could give a whole new meaning to the phrase: "Hot Wiring" cars...

So...some of us want a Z28 that can be put on a race track against race-prepped vehicles and be competitive...from the showroom........

"..........................."

fwiw....and for some it'll be next to nothing...

Here's my ideal Z28 ''forumula"...I don't think I've ever posted it...

Z28: Performance-focus. Luxury not available.
Overview: Significant gains in handling performance, marginal straight-line improvement. This Z28 performs noticeably better than SS thanks to minor engine tweaks, aggressive gearing, and track-derived suspension. No extraordinary weight savings applied.

This vehicle will deliver maximum bang-for-your-buck on the track. But daily driving ability will be negatively effected when compared to the SS, and options are limited to the C+C, striping, and redefined RS package.

This, in the best metaphor that comes to mind, is the Z06 of Camaro.

Equipment:

1SS+

LS3 w/ factory CAI, shorty headers, revised tune. Est: 449hp/438tq
ZL1 brakes & rotors
ZL1 suspension geometry w/ stiffer springs, shocks (non-adjustable), and stabilizer bars
ZL1 powertrain upgrades
ZL1 aero treatments, except the front fascia
ZL1 tires
Z28-specific front fascia
Race-inspired 19" rims
Dual Mode Exahust
Cloth racing seats (factory 'legal')
Roll Cage
HUD

Performance:

Marginally faster than an SS in a straight line, significantly better handling. Marginally poorer handling than the ZL1 (noticeable difference in comfort/refinement), significantly slower in straight line.

What I envision....is the best of the Boss, and the Z06 v ZR1 relationship all mixed into one.