View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #51
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Don't be surprised if the opposite of what you said occurs. They showed us a 400 hp Concept. They said, "this is what the top-of-the-line would be". Then Our friend Ed Peper said this during an interview for Autoblog:
Quote:
Autoblog: Is there concern about stepping on the Corvette, power-wise?

Ed Peper: No. Because again, the capabilities of a Corvette are world class. I mean, we are talking about a vehicle that competes in the American Le Mans Series with Aston Martins and all –no, there is no concern because what the Camaro is going to be is what it has always been, which is a really great looking vehicle that will have a muscle car or muscle car set of derivatives with it, but that will also have a fuel efficient version. It's a vehicle that you really, really can drive every single day -- a four seater and so forth, while Corvette is in a class all by itself. It's one of our ultimate brands at the company that just continues to do well. We try to keep the production, you know, in line and not build too many so it keeps a very strong demand. The Z06s are some of the fastest turning vehicles that we have.
They can't hand us a Camaro with less than 400hp (It'd be the worlds biggest WTF?!? moment)...

More power does not neccesarily cost more money. As engines advance you get more power for the same price. Check out the LS series:
LS-1 +/- 350hp.
LS-2 400hp
LS-3 430(6) hp

And all those engines cost about 7k by themselves in their time.
and they're not worried about stepping on the Vette (I'm not saying they will, though). So... I just spurt out what I read. Not trying to be an ass.:p