View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
I waxed my stripes once last year before I knew not to wax them. Should that one time cause any major problems?
Looking at your sig pic I assume they're gloss correct? and factory?

You're fine. According to 3M (who by all accounts produces the OEM stripe material for GM) waxing is approved and safe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams
------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Data direct from 3M in regards to vehicle wraps and graphics:

Cleaning: Use a cleaner designed for high-quality painted surfaces. The cleaner must be wet, non-abrasive, without strong solvents, and have a pH value between 3 and 11 (neither strongly acidic nor strongly alkaline)

Additional Note from Tech Support: "The use of acidic or alkaline cleaners may be required to remove some types of stubborn contamination, but should be limited in use as repeated cleanings with such chemicals can result in drying of the material."

3M: Caring for Vinyl Vehicle Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 6: Polish & Wax
Most standard graphic films and overlaminates can be polished or waxed with a high quality car wax. Before use, test and approve in an inconspicuous area. Do not use any abrasive polishes or cutting compounds.
For the carbon fiber and brushed metal films in Scotchprint® Wrap Film Series 1080, a polishing product such as 3MTM Tire Restorer or Meguiars® Natural Shine Protectant may be used. We do not recommend any polishing or wax product for the matte or textured films.

The rest of the information can be read here
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote