View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:50 AM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Thants the same kind of thinking when we had a similar problem with the FDA and drugs. People were complaining about how long it takes a drug to be approved by the FDA. well they revamped their approval process to speed it up, cutting some corners in testing, and what do we get now, LAWSUITS because of drug side effects or some that cause death.

It is best to move slowly and with sufficent testing before moving to large scale applications.
In the meantime we need to keep the economy moving and the only way to do that is expand the domestic production of proven energy sources. Fossil fuels and Nuclear power.
I see what you mean...but that has a direct impact on lives. There's no cutting corners involved with what I want the gov't to do. I just want them to stop talking, and DO something. Things keep advancing...too quickly for debate. Because now we'll have to debate the new tech...oh, damn -- here's something new we have to debate about...and the partisan bickering is driving me mad!!

For better or worse, I want things done quickly. Don't get me wrong: I don't want them to cut corners or deliever a poor system...so perhaps I should have said "As soon as possible". I'm of the opinion that if there is another great war; it is going to be over energy/oil. I don't want our country to have chips in that game...so I want out now, even if that means taking a leap of faith before mapping out the jump.