Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
GM picks up MORE quality awards.

Quote:
By Jamie Hresko
GM Vice President, Quality

There are many gate-checks, so to speak, here at GM when it comes to quality. However, the ones that matter most to you, the customer, the driver, are the external measures that tell you if we’re all wet or if we’re running hard and clean. Today, J.D. Power & Associates announced its Initial Quality Survey results. I won’t re-iterate the content of the press release.
I will take the opportunity to point out that J.D. Power is not only a third party source, but the data comes from vehicle owners – the people who drive the cars day in and day out. Essentially, they’re sharing their hindsight.

Confirming they made a great purchase or admitting that they were oversold. You can read the release for yourself, here.

Now, I do want to share with you the story behind the numbers. As I mentioned in my last post, there is far more to the quality story than initial quality. However, today is about initial quality …

We’re very excited to lead the ultra-competitive mid-size car segment, large pickup segment and the large car segment with the all-new Chevrolet Malibu, the Chevrolet Silverado LD and the Pontiac Grand Prix. Additionally, we’re also excited for the Fairfax Assembly Center and its Bronze Plant Quality Award win. This award represents great commitment and hard work by the team in Kansas. In the case of the Chevrolet Silverado and Pontiac Grand Prix, these are two solid products that are serving their brands well.

As a parent, I never favor one kid over another – although my kids would probably disagree. However, I’d like to focus a little bit here on our new kid the Chevy Malibu. The Malibu’s win is significant. Looking at the industry, it’s true that the quality of new vehicle launches is improving. However, the quality of the new Malibu is exceptional – as evidenced by the distinction of being named a J.D. Power midsize car segment winner. This is big. It’s big because in its first year, the Chevrolet Malibu was right … straight out of the gate. So, what does this really mean? It means we are moving in the right direction. We know what to do, how to do it. Now, we need to apply it to vehicles. And we are …

In 2007, quite embarrassingly, none of our brands ranked above industry average. This year, however, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Pontiac and Buick – which represent 82 percent of the cars and trucks we sell -- ranked above industry average. If you ask me, that’s pretty darn good! Is it enough? Is any of this enough? No, of course not. But it’s good progress. I’ll take it and keep forging ahead. Wouldn’t you?
http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/
Score another one for the home team!!
Also, kudos go out to Ford and Dodge for their segment awards.